ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Satellite Radio with Low Volume

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-10, 05:06 PM
HondaDrive
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Satellite Radio with Low Volume

For some strange reason, my satellite radio (three months free) has much lower volume than my regular FM. Anyone else have this issue?

Thank you.
Old 07-08-10, 01:41 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by HondaDrive
For some strange reason, my satellite radio (three months free) has much lower volume than my regular FM. Anyone else have this issue?

Thank you.
yes....beleive its natural on all vehs with satellite...sure it has to do with radio frequency in your area vs Satellite it how it p/u reception. Just renewed my subscription after 3 mo trial ...extended it for 2 yrs even better than what they quote 2 yr rate.
Old 07-08-10, 02:58 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
yes....beleive its natural on all vehs with satellite...sure it has to do with radio frequency in your area vs Satellite it how it p/u reception. Just renewed my subscription after 3 mo trial ...extended it for 2 yrs even better than what they quote 2 yr rate.
Did you include traffic and/or weather in your renewal?

I renewed for 3 months to give me time to decide on what I wanted to keep.
Old 07-08-10, 03:28 PM
HondaDrive
Rookie

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
Thanks. That is what I thought. I will probably not renew, although I really have not given it a fair chance yet. So far, I have only listened to Disney radio
Old 07-08-10, 07:35 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

I let my 3 month deal laps. I was not impressed and even had some drop out areas around town. I did like the weather/traffic capability but not enough to renew it. They have been harassing me every week to renew and giving me a lot of different deals. Sound volume is lower then FM .
Old 07-08-10, 07:56 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jagtoes
I let my 3 month deal laps. I was not impressed and even had some drop out areas around town. I did like the weather/traffic capability but not enough to renew it. They have been harassing me every week to renew and giving me a lot of different deals. Sound volume is lower then FM .
Are the deals you are getting offered better than the usual ones? If they are, I may just let mine expire and wait for something better.

Like you, I like the weather & traffic and some of the choices but not really enough to pay the regular fees.
Old 07-09-10, 05:50 AM
HondaDrive
Rookie

What is the big deal about getting traffic and weather? My wife also loves getting weather updates. She is on weather.com everyday. Its July and its hot and that is all I need to know. It has no impact on what I wear.Shorts and a tee-shirt and I am good to go.
Old 07-09-10, 07:01 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Are the deals you are getting offered better than the usual ones? If they are, I may just let mine expire and wait for something better.

Like you, I like the weather & traffic and some of the choices but not really enough to pay the regular fees.
I got 2 calls and a letter this week. The last deal was $77 for 1 year renewal without reactivation fees. I still didn't take it.
Old 07-09-10, 07:04 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Originally Posted by HondaDrive
What is the big deal about getting traffic and weather? My wife also loves getting weather updates. She is on weather.com everyday. Its July and its hot and that is all I need to know. It has no impact on what I wear.Shorts and a tee-shirt and I am good to go.
You really only need the traffic updates when traveling. The weather is no big deal but if you want to avoid traffic back ups then it comes in handy. It was not something I used every day.
Old 07-09-10, 08:35 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jagtoes
I got 2 calls and a letter this week. The last deal was $77 for 1 year renewal without reactivation fees. I still didn't take it.
Now that you mention it I have heard about the $77 price. Don't know if it would be enough to entice me but I'll let things expire and see if it's offered. Thanks.
Old 07-09-10, 11:37 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Did you include traffic and/or weather in your renewal?

I renewed for 3 months to give me time to decide on what I wanted to keep.
No, I did not include traffic/ weather on renewal like others mentioned no need to tell me it's very hot/humid for 2 more months minimum.
did get them to waive royalty fees for 2 yrs period....equaled $ 40.00 off 2 yr rate . Happy with decision...just returned from 8 day 2300 mi trip to Chicago, St Louis car performed great.....satellite was great to have.
Old 07-09-10, 03:28 PM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have paid way too much if $77 is the norm. I really like the system but will look for a deal before renewing again.
Old 07-09-10, 03:36 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xfirechief
I have paid way too much if $77 is the norm. I really like the system but will look for a deal before renewing again.
I think it was on the RX forum where several members said they called XM and asked for the $77 deal when they were due for renewal. It sounds like they got it after talking to a couple of different people.
Old 07-09-10, 06:19 PM
wetgravity
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why though?

It makes no sense that the satellite channels (of which there are three to 2 FM and 1 Am ) have a quieter signal...my Acura sound system was 5.1 surround and satellite sounded just as good as FM. The Lexus sounds like I'm listening through a tin can. I am not impressed at all with XM weather..go see an Acura TL and check out weather radar. I think XM is valuable if you drive from listening area to listening area, especially out of listening areas. I am sadly disappointed in weather and traffic though...my ipad, ipod, iphone, etc. will do all that for free and I already kind of know when and where traffic is and what the forecast is. On a positive note...the ES is a pleasure to drive, more so than I expected...still wonder if I should have waited for black sapphire though I like the black interior, would have waited if I could have had that color combo.
Old 07-10-10, 02:58 AM
HondaDrive
Rookie

Originally Posted by wetgravity
The Lexus sounds like I'm listening through a tin can.
That is exactly why I would not renew the free subscription. It is so annoying to go from FM to satellite to FM. Each time I make the switch, I have to adjust the volume by like 20 levels and if I forget to adjust it prior to going back to FM, I feel like I am at an AC/DC concert.

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio with Low Volume