ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Desperate need of help with Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-10, 12:47 PM
LexusFun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Desperate need of help with Bluetooth

I just got my 2010 Lexus ES350 with navigation and I'm thrilled. But please help me! The cellphone Bluetooth does not work. This was one of the most important reasons I bought this car.

I have a Verizon Blackberry Tour from last year. I was able to pair the phone with the car and download my contact list. It worked a couple of times---I could make a call using the voice command. Then it stopped. I could not take or make a call using the talk button or the voice command. It started malfunctioning showing "talking" on the screen and minutes counting. It then wouldn't work at all except if I made the call from the cellphone itself.

I went to the dealer and had a meeting with customer service. They said it might be a problem with satellite based systems vs. software systems (whatever that means). I went to the Verizon store and the service person there said all the Blackberry phones use the same operating system and maybe it's the car's system that's incompatible.

Has anyone here experienced any similar problems or know what I can do? By the way, it's not only me---my husband is having the same difficulties with his new Lexus, too.

Help!
Old 06-29-10, 01:13 PM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusFun
I just got my 2010 Lexus ES350 with navigation and I'm thrilled. But please help me! The cellphone Bluetooth does not work. This was one of the most important reasons I bought this car.

I have a Verizon Blackberry Tour from last year. I was able to pair the phone with the car and download my contact list. It worked a couple of times---I could make a call using the voice command. Then it stopped. I could not take or make a call using the talk button or the voice command. It started malfunctioning showing "talking" on the screen and minutes counting. It then wouldn't work at all except if I made the call from the cellphone itself.

I went to the dealer and had a meeting with customer service. They said it might be a problem with satellite based systems vs. software systems (whatever that means). I went to the Verizon store and the service person there said all the Blackberry phones use the same operating system and maybe it's the car's system that's incompatible.

Has anyone here experienced any similar problems or know what I can do? By the way, it's not only me---my husband is having the same difficulties with his new Lexus, too.

Help!
Got my Lex 2 weeks ago and my salesman paired it up immediately.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I'd go back and ask my salesman to try his own phone or anyone else's to see if it is your phone or the car. If it is the car I'd raise the roof until they get it corrected.

I love the blue tooth feature. Be persistent and good luck. Dorothy
Old 06-29-10, 04:03 PM
HondaDrive
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also had problems but not similar. I started having problems when I paired a second phone. To fix it, I deleted all of the phones and added my phone again. So far, that has worked.
Old 06-30-10, 06:50 AM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the exact same problem as you with my Blackberry Storm. I updated the software on the BB and it worked fine for about a week. Then the same thing happened. Verizon determined that it was the phone itself. They sent me a new phone. It has worked just fine ever since (about 2 months). Most likely your phone is bad or you need to update it.