ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Looking for Rims for Lexy & Brakes Calipers

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-10, 06:56 AM
Ochasey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Looking for Rims for Lexy & Brakes Calipers

I have been on a searching for some rims for my 07 Es 350 .. I just got her about a 3 weeks ago.. She is a lovely car everything I ever desired in a car. I am looking to just give her a little spice, not to extreme, but elegant.. Just like she is. I just have a few questions???

1. I am thinking of 20's, but I would like to know what is recommended for her.. I do not want to take away from the smooth ride and feel of her..

2. I am interested in the Brembo Brake set up just don't know should I invest that much money in those brakes..and calipers..

I am going to get my windows tinted which will be the first thing to get completed, then I will look into getting her some rims..

Just looking for some direction.. first Lexus and I want to get her started off on the right foot.

V/R

O'Chasey
Old 05-17-10, 07:13 AM
LEXICE
Driver School Candidate

Default Diamo Di030

Hey google Diamo Di030 chrome wheels...This is what I have on mine and I get soooo many compliments every day....so check it out...great rim and great price...
Old 05-17-10, 07:15 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Haven't done the tinting yet, but am thinking of it. I went with 17 in. g-spiders for the look, plus the tires would fit. But I don't know if I would go for Brembo's. Big bucks, maybe some calipers covers or paint, labor intensive but a lot cheaper, then maybe some decals on them to set then off even more. I have the paint, but haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I even had a pin strip put on when I got it, that also seems to set it apart from really stock. Just my two cents.
Old 05-17-10, 10:22 AM
JC07ES350
Rookie

Originally Posted by LEXICE
Hey google Diamo Di030 chrome wheels...This is what I have on mine and I get soooo many compliments every day....so check it out...great rim and great price...
Hey Lexice,

Do you have any pictures of the rims on your car that you can post up?

Thanks.
Old 05-17-10, 01:29 PM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Ochasey
I have been on a searching for some rims for my 07 Es 350 .. I just got her about a 3 weeks ago.. She is a lovely car everything I ever desired in a car. I am looking to just give her a little spice, not to extreme, but elegant.. Just like she is. I just have a few questions???

1. I am thinking of 20's, but I would like to know what is recommended for her.. I do not want to take away from the smooth ride and feel of her..

2. I am interested in the Brembo Brake set up just don't know should I invest that much money in those brakes..and calipers..

I am going to get my windows tinted which will be the first thing to get completed, then I will look into getting her some rims..

Just looking for some direction.. first Lexus and I want to get her started off on the right foot.

V/R

O'Chasey
Good luck with your '07.
I just moved into a '10 from an '02 ES300.

You didn't say how many miles are on the car, that might affect my opinion.

1- If you want larger rims I would suggest going to 18" with a +1 setup for the tires. I think you will find ride quality will deteriorate radically if you go larger that that, The side wall will get smaller and by the time you get to 20" wheels you'll be riding on rubber bands. It sounds like you're happy with the ride you have now. 18" +1 will give a bit firmer ride with the wheel filling the well nicer, but the ride quality will probably not be too much stiffer. Also remember the smaller the side wall the greater the curb rash to the rim.

2- I did a big break conversion on my '02. I loved it. I went with Rotora 4 piston up front, 2 piston rear, w/ SS lines. My suggestion do the conversion when you are close to needing a brake job anyway. The difference was radical.

3- Remember if your married, you will hear from the wife if you get too radical. I lowered and put coilovers on my '02, then I unlowered and uncoiled it. Car handled real tight but ride quality deteriorated too much for the wife.
Old 05-17-10, 04:40 PM
Ochasey
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the responses.. I will continue to do my home work and see what comes about..
About the miles she has just 33,000 miles on her.. Not to bad.. Oh yeah don't have to worry about answering to the wife.. No more she already has her pink papers.. lol.. Not funny but funny..

Oh yeah.. I will be posting pics soon..

2002 Chevy Impala, Aligator interior 22" Player Rims..
Acura legend 92'
Oldsmobile 88
Ford Ranger 85

V/R

Ochasey
Old 05-17-10, 06:41 PM
SickES350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

20's arent too bad. stretch the tire a little and keep the pressure hovering between 35 and 40psi. and there shouldnt be any worries about bent rims on rough roads.