ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

How to check if recall work has been done?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-10, 05:31 AM
Toffy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to check if recall work has been done?

I read on one of the threads where you can enter your VIN and confirm if the recall work has been completed on that vehicle. Im buying a used es350 and i want to see if the work has been completed. Does lexus have a website that allows you to enter the VIN and report which recall work has been completed? If so please pass along the link.
Thanks
Old 04-04-10, 05:57 AM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Toffy
I read on one of the threads where you can enter your VIN and confirm if the recall work has been completed on that vehicle. Im buying a used es350 and i want to see if the work has been completed. Does lexus have a website that allows you to enter the VIN and report which recall work has been completed? If so please pass along the link.
Thanks
Simple inquire at any dealer for all service records on the vehicle.
Old 04-04-10, 06:22 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Thanks
Go Here:

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home

Register, Name, VIN, and etc. Once in, go to Service History. You'll see what's been done to your car and if there is any Service Campaigns outstanding.

Lou
Old 04-04-10, 08:09 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks
The simple way is to look at the gas peddle. If it has a 45* cut on the bottom then you you have had both the peddle and SW correction. Simple. Or you could ask the person/dealer who you are buying it from if the change was done.
Old 04-04-10, 09:04 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Go Here:

Register, Name, VIN, and etc. Once in, go to Service History. You'll see what's been done to your car and if there is any Service Campaigns outstanding.

Lou
That works well. I looked up my 2010 and it showed both the recall and service campaign were done before I bought it.

Also looked up the 2007 that I traded in, and all of the work was listed (I had the recall and service campaign done while I still owned it) as well as things that were done before putting it on the lot as a CPO.
Old 04-13-10, 03:31 PM
NoiseFree
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Go Here:

Lou
I just took the time to register now to check my history and this is what it said:
"There is currently no service history information available for your 2007 LEXUS ES350."

Could this be because the site had defaults for the U.S. (States instead of Provinces etc.)?
I'm confused about this. I brought my Lexus in to my dealer at each recommended service time.
Old 04-13-10, 04:28 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

^^^^I would assume this is a US vehicle only site. I searched the Lexus of Canada site and found no equivalent. Any of you guys North of the border know anymore

Lou
Old 04-14-10, 12:43 PM
jerfitz
Pole Position

Toffy,

Go here to see the Gas Pedal fix.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5243124-post1.html

And then run this test to see if you ECU was reprogrammed. This, by far, is the most important fix.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5257673-post25.html