ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Gas Pedal Fix for 2007 ES350

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-10, 07:55 AM
outbid81
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would advise everyone that has an affected vehicle to at least speak with the dealer. If you had the reprogramming and don't understand how it works, ask to go for a ride with the tech. If you are considering it, ask to drive a car from the lot that has had it done (you probably won't be able to tell the pedal was modified either). Ask to see what the pedal looks like. When was the last time you actually looked at your own pedal? Ask how many techs in the shop are doing the modification? How many have they done? While polling the masses on a forum may help for a lot of issues, being just as diligent with the dealer can also be just as informative. You might actually find a service advisor or tech you can (dare I say it?) come to trust.
Old 02-26-10, 07:37 PM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had both recalls and the TSB done on my dash (again) on Monday/Tuesday. My dash is now as quiet as the '09 ES I drove for two days.

For those of you worried about the work on the pedal and carpet...don't be!

But, I'm watching this reflash carefully. They did fill my tank. I'm hoping this is an aberation, but my gas mileage has gone down significantly. Normally after a fill up my tank average will jump up to 28+ after I cruise on the interstate for a while. Dealership is right next to it, so is my house. And I drive interstate to work. After three days best I've seen is 25 point zero!

Also seeing the rpms staying high when I take my foot off the gas. Even after coming to a stop at lights. Takes forever to return to idle! Hopefully it's just learning...again.

Anyone else?
Old 02-27-10, 04:18 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Picking up my car today. They probably filled with regular gas and will evaluate the differences later.
Old 02-27-10, 07:01 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Macklin
Had both recalls and the TSB done on my dash (again) on Monday/Tuesday. My dash is now as quiet as the '09 ES I drove for two days.

For those of you worried about the work on the pedal and carpet...don't be!

But, I'm watching this reflash carefully. They did fill my tank. I'm hoping this is an aberation, but my gas mileage has gone down significantly. Normally after a fill up my tank average will jump up to 28+ after I cruise on the interstate for a while. Dealership is right next to it, so is my house. And I drive interstate to work. After three days best I've seen is 25 point zero!

Also seeing the rpms staying high when I take my foot off the gas. Even after coming to a stop at lights. Takes forever to return to idle! Hopefully it's just learning...again.

Anyone else?
Macklin, any change in your engine rpm's? As you said, hopefully it was a learning thing.

I checked my car and the rpm's drop normally when slowing and when stopped.
Old 02-27-10, 07:54 PM
racingt
Rookie

Originally Posted by garsarno
Picking up my car today. They probably filled with regular gas and will evaluate the differences later.
Miss the 4 hp the premium fuel gives ya?
Old 02-28-10, 03:23 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Every little bit helps in "first away from the stoplight" driving. Esp when the other person is too busy talking on their cellphone to be in the correct lane for their turn ahead.
Old 02-28-10, 05:49 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by racingt
Miss the 4 hp the premium fuel gives ya?
In some cases it's only a 2 hp difference.
Old 02-28-10, 05:58 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Macklin, any change in your engine rpm's? As you said, hopefully it was a learning thing.

I checked my car and the rpm's drop normally when slowing and when stopped.
Haven't driven it this weekend. I did check the tire pressure yesterday and discovered they were all between 29 and 30. My bad. That, and the fact they probably put regular gas in could explain the lower fuel economy.

It will be a couple weeks before I need more fuel.
Old 03-06-10, 02:02 PM
melon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jerfitz
My Lexus dealer in Las Vegas just fixed (modified) the gas pedal in my 2007 ES350 and it looks great! See the two attached photos.

Here is what they did as listed on the work order.
1. Pedal and Floor mod
2. ECU Reprogramming
3. Gas (I noticed the tank was full and wondered, that you Lexus)
4. Car wash (This is normal)
5. Clean and add mat (reinstalled the regular drivers side mat)

I'm glad I did it especially because of the ECU reprogramming.

Thank you Lexus...nice job,
JerryF
Wait a minute! I had never paid attention on what's under the steering. All the mechanical stuffs are revealed. I am wondering if this the way it looked before?
Old 03-07-10, 11:28 AM
jerfitz
Pole Position

Melon,

Before the Gas Pedal fix the pedal itself had a flat lower edge. The fix shortened the bottom of the pedal and now there are two 45 degree angle cuts at the bottom of the pedal.

Under the pedal and on up to the fire wall there has been some padding put under the floor pad and some of the floor pad appears to have been removed (see blue colored area in my photos). There are four staples visible too.

JerryF
Old 03-07-10, 06:46 PM
melon
Driver School Candidate

Exactly! What's with the staples...!?

Thanks jerfitz.
Old 03-08-10, 11:20 AM
jerfitz
Pole Position

Melon,

Who knows re the staples. I guess they are supposed to hold the floor pad in place up near the fire wall. It's kind of a "hookey" job but that's what I got. On the other hand, you cannot really see them unless you're bending over and specifically looking for them.
Old 03-12-10, 03:00 PM
newe70
Rookie

I will have my 09 ES350 drop off tonight for the recall service done. From other post, I guess, I will remove my all weather floor mat before I drop it off.
Old 03-12-10, 03:07 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by newe70
I will have my 09 ES350 drop off tonight for the recall service done. From other post, I guess, I will remove my all weather floor mat before I drop it off.
That's a good idea. As long as you keep the all weather mats anchored to the hooks and not on top of the carpeted mats you're OK.

As previously mentioned the orginals are better than the replacements being offered.
Old 03-13-10, 03:07 PM
IS350jet
Pole Position

I got my recall notice but I'm not having the work done simply because there's nothing wrong with the car.

Quick Reply: Gas Pedal Fix for 2007 ES350