Help me buy an ES350

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-09, 03:36 PM
Rjp20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me buy an ES350

Hello

I have decided that I want the ES350 but im going to need help with the purchasing process. I want to take advantage of the internet and get the best deal possible.
I have test driven the ES and the salesmen quoted me $41,500 w/Nav for a 2009. What all does that include? Is that the premium or the ultra luxury?

Also, how do i negotiate and get the best prices for this car from lexus dealers. (theres 2 lexus dealers and the closest is about 20 min away and the farthest is about 1.5 hours)

What do you guys think will be the final price for this car? I live in Oklahoma, but dont mind going to texas to buy the car if it is for a few thousand cheaper.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-13-09, 08:20 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At that price point you are looking at a Level III ES, which has Nav+park assist, rear sun shade. This is one step above the premium plus, but below the Ultra. You get everything that the premium plus has, but you're adding Nav and park assist/backup camera and also cassette player, which IMO is dated but could be useful to some....I'm not sure about OK, but in the ATL area I got a 2009 in January for about 37K. 41K is list price. Do your homework. Get the invoice for this car which is about 36Kand start from there. In this economy you may want to start at 35K, and then work up from there. I would not pay more than 37K for this car. Come prepared and have your own financing completed. Good credit score is a plus. Please feel free to contact me. I did a lot of research before buying my Lexus.
Old 07-25-09, 01:49 PM
roice
Driver School Candidate

Bought one for $35510 plus tax and tags from Prestige Lexus @Ramsey NJ.

2009 ES 350 Base with Premium plus package (PT) with the following possible options. (No Navigation)

Smoky Granite Mica with light grey leather interior

1. Preferred Accessory Package (Z1)

2. Full size Spare tire w/Alloy Wheel (FS)

3. Bluetooth Audio (DC)

4. Rear Seat side Airbags (BE)

5. High Intensity Discharge Head Lamps w/Adaptive Front Lighting System (HL)

6. Wood & Leather steering Wheel and shift **** (WU)

7. All weather mats

MSRP was 38844. My sales woman was Linda, a wonderful lady.

Any questions or comments?
Old 07-25-09, 04:58 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are buying new, wait another 2-3 months for the new 2010's to hit the lots. The car will get a face-lift, so you will only be buying an outdated vehicle if you get an 09 now.
Old 07-25-09, 10:47 PM
Rjp20
Driver School Candidate

The fact that they are about to come out with the new body style has further complicated things! Why cant his decision be easy?!?! LOL! Plus they are now having their Lexus Golden Opportunity Sales Event. I really would like to see what they are actually upgrading for the 2010 version though... If i had to see in the future though, im predicting that we will get the 2009 version... But the process is still going..

PS Does anyone actually know the "Details" of the Lexus golden opportunity sales event?

thanks
Old 07-26-09, 06:26 AM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

The 2010 is not a new body style. If they follow the Camry updates, there will be a grill texture change and new tail lights. Probably hard to tell an 09 from a 10. The low prices on 09's are because the model change is near, so expect to pay more for the 10 if you wait.
Steve
Old 07-26-09, 08:54 AM
newe70
Rookie

I brought her home yesterday in Smoky Granite Mica and black. I also spoke to an Internet Fleet Manager and he stated that there is no major change on the 2010. May be the front grill and rear light getting a new make-up and possiblely get more new colors. So why pay more for the 2010 since there is no major change and especially, you are planning to keep the car for sometimes...just my opinion...you can shave off about $4 - 5K from the Sticker price on the 2009 now.
Old 07-26-09, 07:38 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rjp20
The fact that they are about to come out with the new body style has further complicated things! Why cant his decision be easy?!?! LOL! Plus they are now having their Lexus Golden Opportunity Sales Event. I really would like to see what they are actually upgrading for the 2010 version though... If i had to see in the future though, im predicting that we will get the 2009 version... But the process is still going..

PS Does anyone actually know the "Details" of the Lexus golden opportunity sales event?

thanks
The car will get a new front end and rear end, a couple interior mods and most important a new updated Navigation system. I'm hearing that they may fix the interior lighting and add illumination to the sunroof/garage door opener controls. I would wait without any question. You are 2-3 months away. The new car is already in production.
Old 07-26-09, 11:37 PM
Rjp20
Driver School Candidate

What do you guys think the pricing for the 2010 is gonna be? Will they be selling them over the sticker price? While i kinda want to wait for the 2010 to come out, i have a feeling that the prices of the 2009's are going to "force" me into getting one...

Has anyone found anything out about the Lexus Golden opportunity event?
Old 07-27-09, 11:33 AM
miniz
Lead Lap

Price should remain the same, and no, I don't expect and premium over the sticker pricing. This is not a new body style. Keep in mind that a 2010 will be worth more at resale then an 09, not simply due to the year, but the updates (which used car buyers generally go for and are willing to pay slightly more for). You will pay less for an 09 now, but get less back later. It is win-lose.
Old 07-27-09, 12:24 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I laugh everytime I see this thread. Where shall I send the donation? Thanks for the relief....
Old 08-22-09, 06:34 PM
Rjp20
Driver School Candidate

Sewell in TX says the best they can to is 38,600... for an '09 premium plus and nav... what do you guys think?
Old 08-23-09, 12:16 AM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

That price may be the best for TX, I'm not sure, but it's still pricey IMO. I got my 09 in January, same as yours Nav+park-assist+HID/AFS...etc, for $37,100, in ATL. The MSRP on mine was $41,671.00. I would think with the economy still going south you could get that kind of deal or better. I know you could get at least 37K in ATL. Saving you 1500 big ones. Have you tried any other dealers in TX? Think about coming to ATL if you can't get a good deal there. Let me know I can refer to my sales consultant. Lexus goes up every year on their cars so the 2010 will indeed be more. You can wait until the 2010 are out (mid-late October) and then get a good deal on an 09, because by then they will be trying to clear their lots out.
Old 08-23-09, 09:29 AM
jrey330/04
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexPaul
That price may be the best for TX, I'm not sure, but it's still pricey IMO. I got my 09 in January, same as yours Nav+park-assist+HID/AFS...etc, for $37,100, in ATL. The MSRP on mine was $41,671.00. I would think with the economy still going south you could get that kind of deal or better. I know you could get at least 37K in ATL. Saving you 1500 big ones. Have you tried any other dealers in TX? Think about coming to ATL if you can't get a good deal there. Let me know I can refer to my sales consultant. Lexus goes up every year on their cars so the 2010 will indeed be more. You can wait until the 2010 are out (mid-late October) and then get a good deal on an 09, because by then they will be trying to clear their lots out.
New to forum !!
I too am in Tx - Houston area..have 04 - es330...best I've gotten so far is around 38k for same vehicle you purchase. Can you tell me which dealership you worked with in Atlanta area....may need to look outside state for several reasons...pkg, color--black saffire, price, inventory.
congrats on purchase.
Old 08-23-09, 11:38 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

The 2010 Es will be higher priced than the 09s until all of the 09s are gone, then the price will come back down to 09 prices.

Take a look at the 2010 Camry prices, they are low now that the 09s are gone.

Wait if you can.

Quick Reply: Help me buy an ES350