ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Eibach Prokit installed and Tints (Pictures 56k Warning)

Old 02-10-09, 04:23 PM
Druha
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Prokit installed and Tints (Pictures 56k Warning)

***Edit - I have turned this thread into my mod thread

Thanks to Moky for technical advice and BChi99 for showing me camry parts would work.

Eibach Prokit for Camry works officially.

I have no idea the actual drop in inches, forgot to measure lol,
but ride IS a little more harsh/stiffer. but only in a vertical motion.
Acceleration squat/Braking nosedive is heavily reduced
lateral body roll is reduced significantly.
Steering also feels heavier and more solid.

It makes the car feel more "European", similiar to driving my mother's 2000 Mercedes Benz E320

I will wait until alignment/camber correction and springs settle and I get some more mileage before whether I would recommend them or not, but so far it satisfied everything I wanted to improve.

Tints are 32% All around, non metallic

The winter tires that are on are 225/55/17 opposed to 215/55/17 so they are actually about 10cm larger in diameter than the other wheels. But the springs still need to settle (~0.35") more

Last edited by Druha; 02-23-09 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-10-09, 06:17 PM
bchi99
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking good!
Old 02-10-09, 07:24 PM
moky
Driver

some good 18s or 19s and you're set!
Old 02-10-09, 08:12 PM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

look so much better than I thought, not overdone at all, great job!

Def get some wheels now...if you can in this economy.
Old 02-11-09, 07:41 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

That is a subtle improvement, very nice.
Old 02-11-09, 09:37 AM
TLPLEXUS
Pit Crew

Druha, your car looks impressive. I will soon follow your footstep for my ES.

Did you also replace your factory struts along with the Eibach springs? If so, would you like us know which brand/model you got for your ride?
Old 02-11-09, 09:55 AM
Druha
Pole Position

I did not change the shocks (I should/would have, but not in budget, would rather use money on wheels)

I don't know if the springs will soften up a bit once they settle more as this is the first time ever putting in lowering springs on a car. I do think I am noticing more of a "bottoming out" if I hit potholes/railroad tracks at a decent speed. Also feel a lot more of the little bumps. All this considering the stock ES350 suspension is probably the softest, cushiest cars I can remember riding in. I've been in quite a few MBs

The general consensus seems to be that SE Model Camry drivers with eibach/trd springs are a LOT better matched. This is because I think SE Camrys have upgraded/firmer shocks than others.

If you get springs, I would recommend getting shocks as well.
I think you can get KYB GR2s for camrys. I am sure Moky can help you out with this more. Also this way you will have your stock suspension ready to be put in if ever neeeded in the future.

I on the other hand plan on just using this setup for now until the stock shocks wear out. And then readdressing my suspension depending on how I feel at that time in a few years, ex/ do I want stock softness again? go more aggresive with H&R or Tein? replace the shocks with the KYB GR2s or equivalent

Hope this helps, good luck. I am currently waiting for my OEM 17" tires to go bald on my summer IS300 wheels, then I will look for a deal on a good set of used 19's or 18s.

Good luck

Last edited by Druha; 02-11-09 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-11-09, 11:12 AM
moky
Driver

actually shocks wise, there's only one guy who switched his camry shocks. he is using those kyb shocks with tein springs (from the solara because they fit too) and is pretty good since he does canyon runs in so-cal, so his set up is with stiffened bars. he has a boosted 4cyl btw.

for those who are looking on changing both shocks and springs, it might be worth their time to just look at coilover options for the 07 camry instead. right now there are several options:
- megan racing
- ksport
- d2 racing
- tein is just about to come out
- bc racing

we have some members (from toyotanation) who have been on their eibach/trd springs for 3 years now and so far no problems.
Old 02-11-09, 11:18 AM
Druha
Pole Position

yeah, coilovers would be good choice too. But I didn't wanna go so low due to winters here.

Moky am I not right about the SE shocks vs non SE when matched with TRD/Eibach springs?
I'm not saying my ride is harsh by any means, but would be "better if i had SE stiffness shocks"
Old 02-11-09, 01:18 PM
moky
Driver

hmmmm that's true, i guess you can also get the SE V6 struts since they are stiffer than normal LE, HYBRID or XLE struts.

well one thing with the coilovers is at least you have the option to go low when you want to. it's okay for you to not lower it entirely but they do provide a good stiffness/sporty feel to the car. i slammed mine since i just hate seeing fender gap. now i'm trying to find a way to get rid of the tire gap, if you know what i mean
Old 02-11-09, 02:10 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Druha
I did not change the shocks (I should/would have, but not in budget, would rather use money on wheels)

I don't know if the springs will soften up a bit once they settle more as this is the first time ever putting in lowering springs on a car. I do think I am noticing more of a "bottoming out" if I hit potholes/railroad tracks at a decent speed. Also feel a lot more of the little bumps. All this considering the stock ES350 suspension is probably the softest, cushiest cars I can remember riding in. I've been in quite a few MBs

The general consensus seems to be that SE Model Camry drivers with eibach/trd springs are a LOT better matched. This is because I think SE Camrys have upgraded/firmer shocks than others.

If you get springs, I would recommend getting shocks as well.
I think you can get KYB GR2s for camrys. I am sure Moky can help you out with this more. Also this way you will have your stock suspension ready to be put in if ever neeeded in the future.

I on the other hand plan on just using this setup for now until the stock shocks wear out. And then readdressing my suspension depending on how I feel at that time in a few years, ex/ do I want stock softness again? go more aggresive with H&R or Tein? replace the shocks with the KYB GR2s or equivalent

Hope this helps, good luck. I am currently waiting for my OEM 17" tires to go bald on my summer IS300 wheels, then I will look for a deal on a good set of used 19's or 18s.

Good luck
Druha - This is one of the best and most objective descriptions/observations of the ride change resulting from lowering springs. Excellent writeup, IMHO.

Based on my experience, I agree the firmer shock will reduce the tendency to bottom on big bumps.
Old 02-11-09, 08:10 PM
Druha
Pole Position

Originally Posted by moky
i slammed mine since i just hate seeing fender gap. now i'm trying to find a way to get rid of the tire gap, if you know what i mean
Uhhh...you want it so you have ur wheel arch and then rims with no tires visible?

lol that's too gangsta for me, i think u need air bags for that? or just sharpen ur wheels take the tires off and go car skating in Regina.

Druha - This is one of the best and most objective descriptions/observations of the ride change resulting from lowering springs. Excellent writeup, IMHO.

Based on my experience, I agree the firmer shock will reduce the tendency to bottom on big bumps.
Thank you. I did not want to mislead anyone.
Old 02-11-09, 08:34 PM
moky
Driver

lol, just a thought. im pretty satisfied where i am right now. riding on coilovers is like riding on a cart with wooden wheels. pretty stiff, harsh and bouncy.

i am considering bags as well, but i have yet to find a shop to do it here lol

if you are looking for bars (sways and struts), you can look thru www.ultraracing.com they have a couple of bars for the camry but i am not sure if they will fit the es350.
Old 02-12-09, 06:39 AM
Druha
Pole Position

lol yeah...I kinda wanted to avoid the whole really stiff ride thing. Will save the coilovers for if I get a weekend track car in the future.

I was considering the strut and rear sway bar, but honestly the springs addressed everything I wanted out of the suspension. I have heard good things about them on toyotanation and definitely worth it if you need that sort of thing.

Lip trunk spoiler to be installed, 19" wheels and i'm done. time to save for a house.
Old 02-12-09, 03:48 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by moky
lol, just a thought. im pretty satisfied where i am right now. riding on coilovers is like riding on a cart with wooden wheels. pretty stiff, harsh and bouncy.
With all due respect, why would I want my Lexus to ride like it's on wooden wheels, stiff, harsh an bouncy...

Some people are telling us that coilovers help preserve the ride, but I always doubted that. Even milld lowering springs, like f-sport cause enough ride deterioration.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Eibach Prokit installed and Tints (Pictures 56k Warning)