ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Eibach Prokit installed and Tints (Pictures 56k Warning)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-09, 05:59 PM
Druha
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what are oem lexus lut nuts? are they conical/tapered or ball? I can't remember. I have searched that the IS stock nuts are ball, but I haven't seen anyone with ES350 talking about it..

My new wheels are ball.....right? I look/feel inside and its curved, not a hexagon or whatever.

I plan on buying my own jack and torque wrench this spring

**edit

I looked at my spare wheel in the trunk..it seems conical/ball? wtf? and I am really confused about something....how come on my stock wheels and my IS300 wheels the curve is on the "inside of the wheel" and flat on the outside.

whereas my bbs wheels are flat on the inside and round on the outside.

** second edit..

I am stupid, lol. sorry its because my previous car used wheel lugs as opposed to nuts on Japanese cars. I think the solution is I need to buy spherical wheel nuts for these wheels and the OEM wheel nuts are flat

Last edited by Druha; 02-24-09 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-28-09, 03:17 PM
Druha
Pole Position

I couldnt wait until spring, again thanks for all the help with research. now just need my lip trunk spoiler and DONE...

to avoid unecessary questions, Camry eibach pro kit, 19x8.5" +45 ET on 235/35/19
-2ish camber rear -0.5ish front.

Old 03-02-09, 09:20 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice job. The tints are only 32%? Look darker, like 20% or something.

As for the title (56K beware).... ???? Are there still people running on modems with 56K? I think those people are still only on AOL for email and that's it. I don't think they can even access CL properly...
Old 03-03-09, 05:29 PM
AlexusES50
Driver

The car looks great!!! As for tint i think the window have 92% tint from stock so 32% would really be 24%, mine are 20% and they are SUPER DARK...anyway, ride looks good, next time you hit London let me know...Alex
Old 03-03-09, 05:43 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja

As for the title (56K beware).... ???? Are there still people running on modems with 56K? I think those people are still only on AOL for email and that's it. I don't think they can even access CL properly...
Maybe he's trying to warn DSL users, since the pics will load a little slow, just guessing....
Old 03-03-09, 05:55 PM
Druha
Pole Position

oh really, i forgot how the stock tint would affect it. lol, oh well. it isn't too bad. i think its just cuz in the pics its very reflective/mirror effect so it looks darker. if u are eye level and look through the car it isn't that dark.

thanks for the compliments, pics dont do the wheels justice in person.
I did the 56k warning as an old habit for back in the day, I guess it can still be applied to dsl users or slow internets.
Old 07-16-09, 03:11 AM
Taz2008
Driver School Candidate

Default Question for Druha & moky

[QUOTE=Druha;4298388]I couldnt wait until spring, again thanks for all the help with research. now just need my lip trunk spoiler and DONE...

to avoid unecessary questions, Camry eibach pro kit, 19x8.5" +45 ET on 235/35/19
-2ish camber rear -0.5ish front.

Hi Druha!
I Have to say that I really like how ur ride is looking & am considering doing the same with my car!
I live in Dubai, UAE (Middle East), and own a 2008 ES350 Panoramic. I was wondering about a couple of things:
1. Is it possible to request the Dealer in Dubai to do the modification?
2. If I have to do it at an external workshop, do you think my warranty could get void?
3. Would the Eibach Toyota Camry Pro-Kit Lowering Springs you've used be suited for my 08 ES or do I have to buy one suited for the 08 model?
4. How much would u rate in percentage, the changes you’ve made, has compromised the overall ES ride comfort (as you've mentioned, I do value this quality in my ES & would hate to loose allot of it ).

thanks,
Old 07-16-09, 06:46 PM
AlexusES50
Driver

I have said it before, nice and clean looking ride, we need to hook up sometime, give me a holar next time you ae in London...
Old 07-18-09, 08:14 PM
LexFather

I love it. BBS is one of the top wheel makers. Also BBS makes OEM wheels for Toyotas and for the LExus IS-F. I have BBS wheels on my GS 430 (RS II)....

Great choice.
Old 07-18-09, 10:07 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

The BBS wheels really work on his car.
Old 07-19-09, 06:20 PM
Druha
Pole Position

Thanks for all the support guys. I have recently put on a trunk lip spoiler as well...I am now done, maybe paint calipers black, but really shouldn't spend any more time/money. I will post better pictures when I get a chance!

1. Is it possible to request the Dealer in Dubai to do the modification?
2. If I have to do it at an external workshop, do you think my warranty could get void?
3. Would the Eibach Toyota Camry Pro-Kit Lowering Springs you've used be suited for my 08 ES or do I have to buy one suited for the 08 model?
4. How much would u rate in percentage, the changes you’ve made, has compromised the overall ES ride comfort (as you've mentioned, I do value this quality in my ES & would hate to loose allot of it ).
1. I'm not sure how car dealers are in Dubai....but I would probably find an import garage to do the work. As the Lexus dealer would cost a lot more,
2. Relates to question 1, talk to your dealership about the work/warranty. It will most likely void the warranty for issues related to your suspension (shocks wearing out, etc) Maybe look into TRD camry springs, but i still doubt they would be under warranty.
3. The 07 ones should work for the 08. look for camry 07+ springs as long as its the same generation of car.
4. i noticed a bigger difference in ride quality once i put on the 235/35/19 profile tires. Lowering the car itself with my winter tires 225/55/17 the ride was fine. If i have to put a % number, I would say comfort is at somewhere around 80% but handling/body roll has increased by 50%. Given how SOFT the car is stock, 80% of stock ride is still manageable. and how unsporty it was, a 50% increase in handling is very noticeable.. (these percentages are considering wheels and springs installed)

last note. that is my rough opinion, its just whenever I hit a bump I am more squeemish about thinking its going to hurt my wheels than actually ("woah that was really bumpy"). It mostly depends on road conditions, unfortunately I dont know too much about Dubai, but from pictures I have seen, the roads seem mostly new and flat? So you shoudl be more than fine.

I hope this helps. ask any other questions u have and i'll do my best. good luck, post pics when its up..LOVE the panoramic view
Old 08-31-09, 10:48 PM
LexFather

Any updated pics?
Old 02-05-10, 08:03 PM
Druha
Pole Position

back from the dead, been away from the forums for a bit. i know, useless without pics, but i'll get some up in the spring after a detail job.

I love BBS's.. lol, believe the hype
Old 02-19-10, 11:29 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Druha - Welcome back, looking forward to your pics later. I always considered your ES350 first rate.
Old 02-20-10, 02:53 PM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

clean look to the 350, new pics?

Quick Reply: Eibach Prokit installed and Tints (Pictures 56k Warning)