ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Lowering ES350 info for you.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-08, 09:21 PM
SeXaYlExAy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OO WOW THAT SUCKS..the reason i was mentioning the camry springs because i took a look at some pix of stock camry springs and stock es springs...and to tell the truth they look veryy similiar...and also the chassis type for the ES is GSV40, same as the camry...
Old 07-21-08, 09:41 PM
eturko
Driver School Candidate

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has any good pics of their ES with 20" rims? I just purchased Gianella Dalar's that go on on Thursday and I'm having a hard time picturing them on the car. Hope they will look good as I never thought of myself as a "rim" guy. Went in for window tinting and walked out a lot poorer. Thoughts? Thanks!
Old 07-22-08, 06:38 AM
mad1stgen
Driver School Candidate

Well,
when comparing the part numbers between the 3.5l version of camry and the es350, the top and bottom insulators are the same, and so are the knuckle, top mount and the rest of the parts. You have to look up the japan built camry. All this leads me to believe that the complete strut is exchangeable. Thus, a coilover designed for a v6 camry will bolt into an es350 without issues. The OEM spring and shock will be different as the ride is entirely different as well. The lack of interest is what makes people guess, without doing proper research. I will swing by my import recycler some time this week to compare them side by side, but I already know what I'll find.

Last edited by mad1stgen; 07-22-08 at 06:51 AM.
Old 07-25-08, 10:59 AM
kboyj
Driver School Candidate

The top insulator is not quite the same but all you have to do if shave down the top perch of the spring. Until then take a look at my dropped ES350 at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/ then type "3065265"
Old 07-30-08, 08:39 AM
AlexusES50
Driver

Originally Posted by SmokeyES35
camry springs wont fit... not the same suspension or something, no one really makes anything that will fit an es350. It has to be custom made. We tried to get a group buy organized for some custom coilovers, but the person that is making them did not want to become an official club lexus vendor, and the mods squashed the thread.

They do fit END OF STORY! the were used at a Lexus dealer and sucessfully so i am not sure where you get your info but i get mine from a Service Manager at a Lexus dealer.
Old 07-30-08, 08:48 AM
moky
Driver

if you guys have GSV40 as your chassis code the coilovers made for the acv/gsv40 camry should fit on your cars since it essentially does share the same parts.
Old 07-30-08, 10:00 AM
SmokeyES35
Pole Position

how do we find the chassis code for the es 350? who makes the coilovers for acv/gsv40 camry? thanks for the help... we really need to find a solution asap... too many people have talked to numers spring manufacturers all stating that the camry springs will not work on the es350. We have one dealership in canada that has used camry springs.. why no one else states this.. i have no idea.
Old 07-30-08, 10:12 AM
moky
Driver

if you open your driver side door, there is a small metal plate which normal gives you the vin, the model, year, what tires and pressure to use and the chassis code. at least that's how it is with my acv/gsv40 camry.

i checked in my dad's highlander and he has this metal info plate on the same spot.

who makes coilovers for the camry? plenty.
1. megan racing
2. ksport
3. d2 racing
4. a jap/korean company www.k-jgk.com
5. borr chuan racing (taiwan)
6. tein has produced their SS coilovers and we have seen the test mule on a camry.

springs:
1. h&r
2. tein is producing their springs for it too
3. trd/eibach
4. sprint
5. tanabe in japan has the nf210 for the acv/gsv40
6. pedders in australia made it for the acv/gsv40 aurion
7. not sure, but i know king springs in australia also made em

air susp.
1. air runner has a complete kit for the camry
2. universal air susp both in japan and NA have kits for the camry (based on the ls/gs/is kit)
3. a local club lexus vendor here, AIR FORCE AIR SUSPENSION also has developed a kit for the acv/gsv40 camry. just not sure if they have released it yet.
Old 07-30-08, 10:42 AM
SmokeyES35
Pole Position

well i checked the car.. and it says GSV40L.... is that the same as GSV40... well not exactly, its close but not identical.. imho. I have called the canadian lexus with the number in this thread, only to leave a message and not hear from them afterwards, so even though the OP has spoken to the service manager, I have not.
Old 07-30-08, 10:47 AM
moky
Driver

the reason why there is an L on it is it denotes the left hand or right hand drive.

in japan, my camry is listed as ACV40R because they have right hand drive vehicles.

whether the car is listed as L or R it is the same thing.
GSV40L = GSV40R.

my bad for not listing the L/R
Old 07-30-08, 10:49 AM
SmokeyES35
Pole Position

oh ok.. the is should work.. so why in the hell when you call a manufacturer do they say nothing available for the es 350. I wonder if its a warranty liability issue? this is so weird.
Old 07-30-08, 11:16 AM
SmokeyES35
Pole Position

well it seems like alexus is correct, just got off the phone with scott from the dealership. He did state that the work would be $875 for the whole job, with the springs being about 399. It uses the eibach pro kit for the camry V6, he did state that there were not a lot of others that made stuff for the camry V6, just TRD and eibach, and tein is in development.

Anyone have anything to say about eibach springs... good.. bad.. are there better things out there? tanabe maybe? thanks for the input.
Old 07-30-08, 11:33 AM
moky
Driver

the eibach you can get from ebay for around 225 or something shipped too. dealerships always sell a bit more for their markup. if you go with eibach/trd, you are looking at around 1-1.5" drop in the front and around 1.4-1.8" in the rear. thats what most of the camry guys are doing. if you purchase the springs from ebay for 225, labour from a local tuning shop should be around 2hours work.

eibach/trd springs are the closest to the oem stiffness. you of course will feel an increased rate of bumpiness on the road but it is next to none (try riding around 3.5" off the ground...now thats bumpy).

the hr springs for the camry provide a better drop with 1.5" all around (1.4" actually) and it might be stiffer than the eibach/trd as it seems the closest to the oem feel.

the tein springs, when they come out, will be the stiffest among these three brands. i know they might also be the one providing the most drop for just springs.

tanabe only has springs in japan. i spoke with tanabe usa and they have no plans of bringing it here, or making anything for the camry (which is mixed since another person from tanabe told me they were working on exhausts and springs). the only way you can bring in tanabe springs from japan is if you know importers of those jdm stuff, or if you have connections there. either way you are looking to be paying a heftier amount than for something which you can buy here.

if you are looking for a moderate drop and a very oem feel, the eibach/trd springs are the way to go. a lot of members on the toyota boards use eibach because it is the best compensation for a sporty look and feel, and still not have to worry about rubbing or potholes. (these are members sporting from 17x7 +45 oem wheels, to 20x8.5 +45. some have 19x8.5 +35 which is deemed the best fitment for the gsv/acv40 with the trd springs)

if you want a more aggressive drop but dont want to pay that much, you can get either the HR springs or wait for the teins to come out.

if you want to lower the car a lot, go for the coils.
Old 07-30-08, 11:41 AM
SmokeyES35
Pole Position

damn moky.. thanks a bunch for that write up, answers a lot my questions. As I've stated before, I love the smoothness of the car, one of the reasons I purchased her. But the wheel gap is getting to me, and just visualizing her with a lower stance gets my heart pumping. It seems the eibachs would be the best of both worlds for me, so I will think about doing that. And I knew that 19's would look the best on this car, but finding the right tire size is a *****. thanks again.
Old 07-30-08, 11:47 AM
moky
Driver

no problems about the write up. i've already done it several times over the toyota boards

smokey, if you dont already have a tire on your 19s, 245/35/19 would offer the best quality in terms of sizing. some of our members have 235/35/19, some 225/40/19. some run stretched over 19x9.5 with a 225/40/19 (staggered for looks)

since the camry and es350 share so many parts and similarities, i wouldnt be surprised if the best combo for your cars are 19x8.5 +35 with a 245/35/19.

***pretty sure i can fit a 19x9 +30 on my camry.

Quick Reply: Lowering ES350 info for you.