ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350
Old 12-15-14, 04:42 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Friend's 2007 Lexus ES350 passenger window fell out.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-11, 05:58 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's good info on the glass shop prices. Lexus is so proud of their service work...
Old 08-08-11, 09:18 AM
ifli43
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had 3 windows replaced on my wife's ES350 since new in 2007. First drivers door about 18 months old then front pax door out of warrantee then driver's door again out of warantee. All FOC at Lexus expense. This is either design problem or material issue but each time the carrier clips that attach to the glass itselt snapped. Sold it with all 4 windows working!
Old 08-25-11, 01:56 PM
retired
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I contacted Lexus Satisfaction...re: side window off track...They respectfully declined to assist w/ replacement free of charge....since my 07 es350 was over the mileage..(61k) and 49 months old...They suggested that I keep any repair bills for the side window, and when/if a recall notice is issued, I could be issued a refund..Since this design defect is not a safety issue, I do not expect a recall to be issued...I do suggest that anyone who has an off track/popping issue to contact Lexus Satisfaction to complain.....If enough complaints are made, maybe a recall will be issued...
Old 09-13-11, 12:14 PM
R1Lover
Driver School Candidate

I just found this thread and am having the same problems with my 08 IS350 that I purchased new in late 08... while I'm under the four years, I do have 55k miles. The dealer said no help there, so I called Lexus and sent in a request for coverage along with the TSB in this thread. However the TSB is for the ES350 and not the IS350... does anyone know if there is an actual TSB for the IS on this issue?

Mine is the same tab broken issue on the passenger side.

Thank you for any help and I will let you know the outcome.
Old 09-13-11, 07:12 PM
retired
Driver

Angry defective window

I had a glass shop replace my drivers side window for $220 with a lifetime warranty, but they did not know how to reset the window pinch protection....Lexus wants $119 to reset it..The procedure is very easy, but the door panel has to be removed..You can find the method on YouTube.I suggest you check this out so that it can be reset when the glass is replaced........In my opinion, Lexus does not want to do a recall because it is not a safety issue. Customer satisfaction appears to mean nothing to them..My next car will not be a lexus.......
Old 09-19-11, 08:21 PM
ifli43
Driver School Candidate

Default ES350 window tabs

As I see this is going across models I must presume it is a quality control/design issue which Lexus do not want to address. My 3 windows were replaced FOC because I made a fuss. Don't want the hassle any more . A nice man made me an offer I could not refuse so I now have an Audi Q7 diesel which gives me more space for the same mpg Bye for now but sad to see a good car go (apart from the windows!).
Old 09-20-11, 11:27 AM
retired
Driver

Glad to hear that you had the windows replaced FOC....I made a real fuss, three times to Lexus Satisfaction, without FOC result....Next car will not be a Lexus..Might go to horse and buggy...LOL
Old 09-25-11, 05:56 PM
riles3019
Driver School Candidate

Oh man! Can't believe it but have only had my 2007 a month and today the front passenger window ran off the track and sticks outside the frame about three inches. I got a CPO golden almond with 21000 miles.
Didn't notice it on two test drives, but I am a detail nut and the first time I tried to clean up the dash I realized it was sort of soft, almost like slightly melted. After reading about the situation here, I approached my dealer [Lexus of Clearwater] and they are aware of the defect and are replacing the dash tomorrow, n/c. So....I hope, since I have CPO, I get the window fixed n/c too.
To top it off, on my first freeway trip, I get a windshield ding right in my field of view.
Love driving the car, though. It's my third ES ['98/'04] and they were superb.
Anxious to get the Bridgestones off and MXV4"s Primacy on. Still can't find V rated anywhere but the dealer at 1k. But hey, they're doing a buncha work for me tho under CPO, so I guess I'll give them the tire job.
Old 09-27-11, 04:12 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ifli43
As I see this is going across models I must presume it is a quality control/design issue which Lexus do not want to address.
An issue that Lexus doesn't want to address?? I guess you missed the TSB posted earlier in this thread. A Technical Service Bulletin is how Lexus addresses the issue. In fact, they acted pretty quickly, as the bulletin is dated Jan, 2009.
Old 09-27-11, 08:27 AM
retired
Driver

Exclamation definition of address the window issue

If Lexus wanted to really address the window issue, they would have issued a RECALL instead of a TSB..The window problem is a design defect.........It is all about MONEY instead of CUSTOMER SATISFACTION..........My days of buying another LEXUS are gone...They have lost a customer over a few dollars..........
Old 09-27-11, 08:48 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

^^ I'm truly sorry about the issue you had with your ES. Unfortunately, an expectation that a car (any car) will remain trouble free after the warranty expires is somewhat unreasonable. The window issue on the ES is a common problem, yes, but Lexus cannot justify a recall on a plastic tab at the base of a window. Recalls are safety related and in many cases are mandated by the government. Apparently, Lexus has received zero indications of an accident or injuries involving broken window tabs.
Old 09-27-11, 11:48 AM
retired
Driver

Angry the right thing to do regarding design defect

U R Correct...It is not a safety issue....However, Lexus knows that the window is a design defect and that the built in plastic tab will fail...It is all about the money...Most windows are made where the plastic tabs can be replaced....If LEXUS wanted to do the right thing, they would have extended the warranty to 100,000 miles with NO TIME LIMITATION....The aftermarket window I had installed has a LIFETIME WARRANTY...I expect to replace the passsenger side window in the near further as it has started to make popping noises.........
Old 09-27-11, 12:16 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I had an early build (4/06) '07 ES350 for nearly 4 years with no window faillure. Obviously there were enough of them to issue a TSIB but I wonder how widespread the issue is relative to the tens of thousands of ES350's that have been sold. IMO there have been a few posts here on the issue but not in the quantity of a widespread problem. I can see how an effected owner would be unhappy though.

Last edited by LexBob2; 09-27-11 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-14-11, 10:47 PM
xpan9814
Driver School Candidate

I just have my 2007 ES350 passager's side window glass popped out of track when I rolled it up today. I had the same thing happened about two years ago in the same window glass. Apparently this is a design defect. Two years ago, I got it fixed under warranty. But my warranty expired. Any suggestion?
Old 10-16-11, 07:07 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Originally Posted by xpan9814
Any suggestion?
Yeah....read this thread.

Really?

Quick Reply: Friend's 2007 Lexus ES350 passenger window fell out.