ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Picture of Granite w/ Panoramic Roof??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-08, 05:29 PM
thebeaud
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picture of Granite w/ Panoramic Roof??

About to join the club and purchase an ES350, but can't decide about the panoramic roof or not? I would like the ML stereo, but can someone provide any pictures of a Granite car w/ the roof? I've seen the lighter color vehicles and a black, but want to see the contrast of the granite with the black of the roof.

Any help?!?

Thanks!
Old 03-19-08, 06:22 PM
Q_Lexie
Driver

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=214896

I'm sure you will find what you want there.
Old 03-19-08, 07:22 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thebeaud
About to join the club and purchase an ES350, but can't decide about the panoramic roof or not? I would like the ML stereo, but can someone provide any pictures of a Granite car w/ the roof? I've seen the lighter color vehicles and a black, but want to see the contrast of the granite with the black of the roof.

Any help?!?

Thanks!
With the UL package, you get more than just the glass roof. You get nicer wheels and upgraded leather. If you are picky with radios, listen to the ML and non ML units. There is a big difference.

I am glad I went for the UL package.
Old 03-19-08, 07:45 PM
thebeaud
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the replies! Yes, I did see a couple in that one thread, so that helped - I guess I didn't go far enough in the first time!

They're good shots, but I'm really trying to see how the roof blends in with the gray. I know some folks prefer the contrast, but I'm looking for more subtle.

And yeah, the ML system is great and I like the upgraded wheels - and oh yeah, that leather's as soft as butter! The only other thing my wife noticed is that the front sunroof is a little smaller on the UL package than the non-UL....only by a couple inches it seems, but enough for her to notice!

Anyway, thanks again and if anybody has any other shots, please post.
Old 03-20-08, 12:29 AM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

You talking about Smokey Granite Mica? Dark grey? Best pics are the ones that come in the brochure. There are a handful of big loose pics of the car and most are in the SGM color. It blends pretty well.

One reason we went with White is because we wanted the contrast. We think it looks nice and unique.
Old 03-20-08, 05:06 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I, too, love the contrast. If you got it, flaunt it!

Tell your wife to open the sunroof on a UL, and look at the car from the outside. It looks great, in my opinion. That may help her with the loss of a few inches on the inside.

One other suggestion, and it is just my 2 cents. I got the black interior and that does look really nice with the tinted glass roof. Actually, my favorite color combo is the ruby with black interior with UL.
Old 03-21-08, 12:45 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Not too much contrast....in fact, it blends with the rest of the car most of the time. I like it that way.... my personal preference I added tinted windows and it looks sleek.
Old 03-21-08, 03:16 AM
MShybrid
Pole Position

The Panoramic roof blends perfectly with the SMG. The Black interior is a great combination for it also. Which interior color are you thinking about? The sunroof opens and then retracts back as a wind deflector pops up in the front. A little different than the on UL's. Here is a few shots of ours.

first, a close up of the color

a shot from the rear

the front

side shot

the front

Last edited by MShybrid; 03-21-08 at 03:19 AM.
Old 03-21-08, 04:49 AM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

all i have to say is..... that glaze is REALLY working.... use it a few more times... and i think you're car will become chrome....
Old 03-21-08, 05:55 AM
thebeaud
Driver School Candidate

Wow, MShybrid, those are perfect shots - exactly what I was looking for!! Thank you very much!

I had seen the pictures in the brochure, but they were from ground level, so you couldn't even really see the roof. And limo tint all the way around isn't realistic, so these shots really help.

I'm actually looking at exactly the package you've done - the UL package with the spoiler and the black interior....so very nice choice!

So thanks everyone - you've helped me make my decision....now I need to go find my car!
Old 03-21-08, 02:12 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

MShybrid, you HAVE to add some tint. You gonna love it more!!!
Old 03-21-08, 07:32 PM
jgtile
Driver

Hey MShybrid, nice photos! Is that obsidian, cause it looks like my car and I have obsidian. By the way, do you like Klasse products? I will detail my car for the first time soon and just wondering...thanks.

thebeaud, I have a panoramic roof and so far I like it. I thought it would be noisier but even with the sunroof shade open in the front and back, it is very quiet!

Good luck.
Old 03-22-08, 06:26 AM
thebeaud
Driver School Candidate

So the dealer located one for me - just arrived at the port in southern CA, so it'll be on a truck and up here to northern CA on Tuesday!! And given what's going on with the economy and the auto industry, plus a unique relationship with the dealer's GM, I'm able to get the car at invoice. Can't wait!!!

And yeah, it is a different look with the roof open - speaking of which, any pictures of that aspect?? And is the opening any wider than a standard roof?
Old 03-22-08, 11:02 AM
jgtile
Driver

Great on at invoice (whatever that means....it seems to change from website to website). Sorry, I do not have pics with my sunroof open. I did read in another post that the opening is a few inches smaller but not an issue (he said his wife noticed but he didn't).
Old 03-22-08, 11:22 AM
MShybrid
Pole Position

The color is Smokey Gray Mica.
Klasse is a very good product but if you dont have a UDM of PC, I would not even attempt using it. I can't even imagine trying to remove it by hand. The main secret to removing it is to mist the area with a quick detailer prior to wiping it off. It really helps a lot. These shots were taken just after detailing it for the first time. I used Optimum polish with the Porter Cable polisher on an orange pad. This corrected any defects and really smoothed things out. This was followed up with the AIO on a gray pad, and topped off with the sealer. If you really want to maker it glow, top this combination with DP Maxwax or Pinnicle Souveran.
Good luck on your purchase and post some picss.

Quick Reply: Picture of Granite w/ Panoramic Roof??