ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Does anyone love their ES350?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-08, 10:19 PM
Yiujai86
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The longer I own the Es350 the more I am convinced that it is the most disappointing car purchase I have ever made. Its not thats its a real dog but rather how far it fails to meet expectations. My latest problem is that sometimes when I leave work at night my dash lights dont come on other times the dash light come on but the tranny lights don't. Even had a couple times when the driving lights didnt come on. Boy is that scary- You dont notice it in a well lighted parking lot and then you hit the street and cant see a thing. In all the cases above If I cut the car off and restart it all is well.
Of course it wont do it at the dealership. Anyone else had a similar problem?
Thats my first time hearing something like this. If you notice the same thing happen in the daytime, don't fix the problem and drive to your dealer so you can show em.
Old 03-02-08, 06:02 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmrfr
The longer I own the Es350 the more I am convinced that it is the most disappointing car purchase I have ever made. Its not thats its a real dog but rather how far it fails to meet expectations. My latest problem is that sometimes when I leave work at night my dash lights dont come on other times the dash light come on but the tranny lights don't. Even had a couple times when the driving lights didnt come on. Boy is that scary- You dont notice it in a well lighted parking lot and then you hit the street and cant see a thing. In all the cases above If I cut the car off and restart it all is well.
Of course it wont do it at the dealership. Anyone else had a similar problem?
I would post this on the "ask the tech" thread I created on the ES350 forum a few weeks ago. See what Onepoint and other techs may have to say about this.
Old 03-02-08, 03:36 PM
jgtile
Driver

MD350...thanks...I am going to see what happens at my 5000 mile checkup. My only concern is that they won't hear the noise if the outside temp is in the 30s or higher....but hopefully they will honor the TSIB (another concern is my car is an 08 and they may say it has been taken care of). I will have to wait and see. Thanks again though!
Old 03-09-08, 06:19 PM
lexus4eva
Driver School Candidate

maybe the word love is too strong.. but i like it... except that its FWD!! i cant believe this >O!
Old 04-14-10, 12:44 PM
Lamprey
Driver School Candidate

This thread is a couple years old but I wonder if anyone who originally posted can comment on their 2007 ES350's performance since then.

We are considering an 07 350 with 65K miles under CPO warranty but I am worried about tranny issues and rattles.

Would so greatly appreciate, thanks.
Old 04-14-10, 12:57 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Lamprey
This thread is a couple years old but I wonder if anyone who originally posted can comment on their 2007 ES350's performance since then.

We are considering an 07 350 with 65K miles under CPO warranty but I am worried about tranny issues and rattles.

See my reply to MadMax96 in the thread above. My '07 ES was a great car. So good that it convinced me to buy a '10.
Old 04-14-10, 03:10 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Love / hate relationship with mine.
Old 04-14-10, 09:57 PM
zhivuyatut
Driver

I am overall satisfied with my ES350.

There are a few things that I don't like and they are not obvious at first glance.

I think that cruise control is not working (programmed?) that well. On a hilly up and down road it would deviate from set speed too much (+- 3 mph), allowing the car to roll down too fast and wait too long to downshift and accelerate when slowed uphill (and accelerate past the set speed in process). None of my previous cars irritated me in cruise control, this one does.

Climate control in full auto is not working smoothly. It's running AC compressor most of the time, and intermittently would blow chilled air in your face, when just fresh outboard air would suffice for cooling. In other words, instead of blowing the air at set temperature it cycles cool and warm all the time to keep the tempearture. Automatic recirculation is in theory a cool feature, but it does not always work as you would expect. Stinky old collector Mustang in front of you would definitely switch it into recurculation, but thick black diesel exhaust would not. Same for skunk roadkill, or nearby beef feedlot. You still need to do it manually, but now you have three positions on the recirculation button - ON, OFF and useless AUTO.

Many people complained about the interior lighting being inadeqate. It does not bother me much, but see for yourself if this is a big turnoff. All the lights inside are LED, front map lights are not so bright, and there is no backseat reading lights at all.

Maybe more people would share here their little annoyances too.
Old 04-15-10, 08:32 AM
rx300mm
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Lamprey

You are buying a CPO ES350, if the price is right then you have nothing to worry about, I drive 2007 and it is very quiet, reliable, no issues reported. As far as I have read in various places there are no issues with tranny as long as the oil change, etc have been done regularly like any high-end car.
Old 04-15-10, 11:47 AM
jcg
Rookie

Originally Posted by rx300mm
You are buying a CPO ES350, if the price is right then you have nothing to worry about, I drive 2007 and it is very quiet, reliable, no issues reported. As far as I have read in various places there are no issues with tranny as long as the oil change, etc have been done regularly like any high-end car.
I have a es350 2008 and it has transmission flair. It is intermittent and, of course, never does it when in for service. So nothing is done about it.
Old 04-16-10, 04:49 AM
CJS57
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Very happy with mine, no problems what so ever. Took awhile to get used to it. It likes to be driven smoothly and evenly, I had sporty cars before. Overall it is a solid "A". I drove every other possible car before purchase. ES350 is the clear value winner. Other cars may do a certain thing better, but no other car has it all so well done and at such a reasonable cost.
Old 04-16-10, 07:34 AM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

I'm very satisfied with my 2009 and would buy another one. I have not had any problems at all. Good luck with your decision.
Old 04-16-10, 08:26 AM
racingt
Rookie

2008 with 24K miles and it's been a great, low-care vehicle.
Old 04-16-10, 10:58 AM
glindner
Driver School Candidate

I special ordered in 2006 a 2007 fully loaded, Metallic Ruby Red. Currently, the car has 22k, and I have enjoyed it completely. The only problem I have experienced is the driver window came off track. As for mileage, 30+ running 80 mph with the AC, and 27+ around town. Yes, I would purchase another ES. With all the problem with Toyota, my concern is resale value.
Old 04-18-10, 06:26 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Originally Posted by jcg
I have a es350 2008 and it has transmission flair. It is intermittent and, of course, never does it when in for service. So nothing is done about it.
Interesting. I thought they corrected that in the '08's. Keep on them! The reflash works...at least it certainly did on mine. I had the same problem with the dash rattles. They finally agreed to do the proper fix when I took it in for the gas peddle recall. (I'm a procrastinator. ) But that was in the middle of winter when it was most pronounced. OMG, what a difference. And that was the last issue I've had with my '07.

Other than the soft paint it has been a great car. For as quick as it is, the fuel economy still amazes me.

Quick Reply: Does anyone love their ES350?