ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Power Cushion Extender & general seat comfort on long trips

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-08, 04:41 PM
gandro
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power Cushion Extender & general seat comfort on long trips

Considering a new ES 350. How do you owners find the seat comfort on long trips? The UL package has a power cushion extender. I am wondering if that adds any value to comfort level when driving. Thanks
Old 01-28-08, 05:09 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gandro
Considering a new ES 350. How do you owners find the seat comfort on long trips? The UL package has a power cushion extender. I am wondering if that adds any value to comfort level when driving. Thanks
My car is a UL and has the cushion extender. I have driven 3-4 hour drives non-stop and get out of the car feeling great. The car, overall, rides really nice on long trips. I cannot honestly tell you that it is because of the cushion extender as to why I did not feel cramped. It is probably many factors together.

However, as an owner of a UL, I feel it is worth every penny for the upgrade. I went into the dealership looking at a PP+. The UL was on the showroom floor and I bought it. I am so glad I did go for it!
Old 01-29-08, 01:47 AM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think i have premium package... no nav.. no ML system.. no panoramic roof.. or parking assist... soo i guess close to base model... i've driven my car for a 2 hour drive from LA to San Diego... its an extremely comfy ride especially if you got ventilated seats....
Old 01-29-08, 05:44 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Until I saw this thread, I'd forgotten that my car had this feature. In any case, I've found the seats to be very comfortable on long trips and we've taken several since we got the car in early-May '06. If some of the comfort is due to the extender, then I guess it's working.

FWIW, the rear sunshade is another feature that I never think to use.
Old 01-29-08, 09:17 AM
AZ_Flash
Driver School Candidate

I've had my car about 5 months, and done several long trips. The seat extender is great as are all the other seat adjustments. It took me a while to get it comfortable - there is so much that can be adjusted - seat angle, seat extender, seat height, seat back angle, steering wheel up, down, in, out, etc, but gradually I got it all to where I liked it. I've found that on a long trip (all day driving) no matter where you have it you do need to tweak it a little as you go, but with it all being power and easy to adjust it's a snap to fine tune it along the way. I came from a very comfortable car (Honda Accord) and so was a little sceptical that I could get the Lexus to be as comfortable, but I have to say that the Lexus is extremely comfortable to drive, and it's easy to to be in it all day.
Old 01-29-08, 01:30 PM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

I like the seat extender, but my ventilated cooled/heated seat loses some comfort on long distance drives. Not sure why. Had an older Camry whose plain power seats were much more comfortable on long distances. Maybe I just like firmer seats? It's kinda like it's super squishy but then I hit a flat bench or something. Weird feeling but I can't get immediately comfortable in this seat. Not to say it's uncomfortable, just not immediately perfect like other Toyota/Honda seats I've sat in. Seat reminds me of Chrysler product seats I've had.
Old 01-31-08, 01:46 PM
dreyfus

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the seats aren't as comfortable as I would like. Specifically, the horizonal center square where your butt sits could use more padding.

Because the seat has so many adjustments it's easy to help the fatigue on a long trip by just moving the set a tad in any one of a number of directions. I like the extenders and change them from time to time if the trip is long.
Old 01-31-08, 02:08 PM
samathews
Driver School Candidate

I haven't taken any long trips, but at 6'4" I really like the seat extenders. I also like the heated seats, the temperature is just right - not like my wife's Pilot that are too hot and become uncomfortable.
Old 01-31-08, 03:22 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

My wife's Pilot is the same way. HI or LO and the HI does get hot.
Old 02-05-08, 05:19 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Regardless of PP+ or UL (I have owned both previously), the ES350 is one of the most comfortable rides imaginable. The UL probably has softer leather and the leg extender, but on a long trip what matters is a combination of several factors: comfy seats, solid suspension, cabin temperature, noise level, and handling. I think the ES350 has all the best qualities for a long drive.....not to mention great gas mileage. The longest trip i have taken is to San Diego from Los Angeles (125 miles each way). The average MPG never dips below 28 mpg. That is truly amazing for a V6. I have extended the leg extension since day one, and have never really felt it...I mean barely. It's definitely for people with long thighs. I think women with long legs would really appreciate it.
Old 02-05-08, 10:33 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

I think women with long legs would really appreciate it.

Thats ironic, as I really appreciate women with long legs