ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Lexus Service Department -- Outstanding !!!

Old 11-11-07, 09:42 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus Service Department -- Outstanding !!!

I want to see if others have have superlative service experiences with their Lexus dealership, as I have.
Old 11-12-07, 02:47 AM
MShybrid
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was totally amazed during our 5k service. As most of you know, when you arrive you are assigned your own personal service manager. He was well prepared for our arrival and had everything set up in advance....even a new loaner car. One thing that made it special was the fact that our salesman came over and and asked how we liked the new ES and if there was anything he could do for us.
It was definately the greatest service I have ever experienced at a dealer.
Old 11-12-07, 07:59 AM
quatman67
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus service

Originally Posted by 350Dave
I want to see if others have have superlative service experiences with their Lexus dealership, as I have.
I too have experinced good service at my local dealer. Recently I had to schedule service to repair a knocking noice in the moonroof. I met the tech who assured me he knew exactly what was causing the knock and had the repair kit from Lexus to fix it. (TSB NV004-07) Haven't heard the noice since. They also loaned me a '06 GS300 for the day. It might look sporty, but it wasn't as responsive as the new engine in my ES350. Also it was all wheel drive, creating that instrusive hump in the driver's footwell. But thats beside the point, overall a very good experience.
Old 11-13-07, 11:20 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, Lexus service (Ray Catena) is outstanding. Everything from an unlimited free car wash, to a quality deli food, free internet, leather lounge, and all the **** kissing you can take!!! Can't complain about it

BUT don't get too excited about your first free 5k service. When you arrive at your 10k service and they will tell you $140 for an oil change, tire toration, break check, etc. - that smile will be wiped off your face Than, you might think about $28 oil change and $18 tire rotation at your local Toyota dealership as not a bad idea
Old 11-13-07, 04:25 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

can't agree more with twister, Prestige Lexus in Bergen County NJ has ran myself and my father away, they think the ES is a Rolls Royce
Old 11-13-07, 10:16 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thread is not really for discussing value, just excellent service experiences.
Old 11-14-07, 08:19 AM
dreyfus

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Johnson Lexus in Raleigh has been really great for me. They've been very attentive and I've gotten a loaner car every time I've gone in for fixes (mostly squeaks).

The last time I had service (for a defective side mirror), they came to my house in a loaner, picked up my car, then returned it repaired later in the day.

Note that I've got 27,000 miles on this car and have never brought it here for routine service, which I do myself.

They've been very good. Just the way Lexus service should be.
Old 11-14-07, 12:05 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 350Dave
Thread is not really for discussing value, just excellent service experiences.
On a contrary, value is a BIG part of service experience. Nobody enjoys an experience of being ripped off The point of Lexus service being outstanding is a given. I think it would be more interesting to see people comparing their Lexus service experience with other luxury brands (BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Infiniti, Acura, etc.)

Oh yeah, and there is also lots of people on this forum who were not as fortunate as me (after 2 replaced trannies and a buyback of ES350). They received an outstanding service last year being deceived and lied in their face about tranny problem being non-existent. But than, Corporate Lexus is probably the one to blame for this one. Even my dealership, after doing mine and over a dozen of other buybacks, had a nerve to tell people later "they never heard of tranny problems on ES350". Anyway...
Old 11-14-07, 01:47 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would tell that dealer that I never heard of trading my 07 ES350 on another Lexus model.
Old 11-14-07, 04:46 PM
OAKPLANK
Rookie

I was traveling through Quebec a few weeks back. When I left my hotel the tire pressure light was on. I drove to the nearest gas station to add air. However, I didn't have a gauge and just guest at how much air to put in.
The light stayed on even though I tried to reset it. I, therefore, when to the nearest Lexus dealer. They offered to drive us to a restaurant for breakfast and offered to pick us up afterward. I told the dealer that we would just wait. When the car was fixed, they still insisted that we go to a fancy restaurant and have whatever we wanted for breakfast on their dollar and we did. Now this is why I think this was so so special... You see, this Lexus dealer is located 400 miles from where I live. I didn't buy my car there. I will never spend any money at this dealer in the future (unless I'm in the area) . They knew this (foreign plates) yet they gave me and my wife a $50.00 breakfast just because I drive a Lexus.
oakplank
Old 11-15-07, 03:12 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

I have had outstanding service from my dealership. BTW Twister, I pay $52 for my oil changes every 5k miles and pass on the rotations. I got very even wear front to rear and side to side up to 15k miles when I had the tires replaced with quieter Michelin PS2s so there is no point in rotating the tires.
Old 11-15-07, 06:02 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Guys, don't get me wrong, Lexus Service is good. When I had my trannies replaced in ES350, RC used to bring and pick up my car and loaners right from my work which is more than half an hour away from them. And when they offered me a buyback, they flipped backwards to keep me as Lexus customer. My point that all this great service comes at a price. We heard enough stories about people getting their engine or tranny replaced with 150k on the car because they always had it serviced at their dealership (and probably paid 4 times for that replaced engine). Anyway, I'm still curious to hear comparison of Lexus service to other cars. My father in law not too crazy about Inifini, and a few of my friends at work with Acura's tell me about treated like Honda owners.

@ Robert: that is how much I paid too for my 5k service too (did rotation outside for $20, since I have those awful run-flats; no need for break inspection since I had dustless-TSIB done at 5k). For 15k service, will replace my a/c filter myself and see if I even need a rotation. I might still rotate the tires because I heard too many bad stories about run-flats going bad around 16k-17k. I don't want to give my dealership any excuses if I need to replace the tire and can provide a confirmation about following tire rotation.