ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Angry and frustrated

Old 09-17-07, 04:21 AM
carbuff
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Angry and frustrated

I have passed the point from being ambivalent to being a grumpy old man. Yesterday as I was leaving a Safeway market, I saw a woman on her cell phone open the large driver side door to get into her SUV. The door crashed into the passenger side of my ES. The woman paused, looked at my car, got into hers and drove away . . . all without stopping her cell phone conversation.

I hurried to try to get her license plate number but unfortunately failed to do so.

Bumps and scratches on my cars used to mildly irritate me. Now, looking at the deep cuts on the side of my three-month-old ES infuriates and sickens me. I am angry with the women who did this and her lack of responsibility.

Someone in an earlier thread mentioned how we, as an owner of a car, see things in our own cars that others do not see. It is true. The gashes in my car look huge to me even though none is longer than five inches in length.

Then in addition, I am angry that I have to lose my car for days while it is being repaired.

As a grumpy old man, I dislike women focused on their cell phone conversations in public areas. They are usually loud and blind to every and anything around them other than their phone conversation.

I also try to be cautious around women driving SUV’s or any kind of trucks, They seem to be overmatched by the size of their vehicles.

Lastly, I am appalled by people in general who lack personal responsibility and common courtesy; especially when they leave the scene of damage they created without leaving a note, etc.

I thought that my rant in this thread would cool me down. It has not done so. Sorry.
Old 09-17-07, 07:06 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carbuff
I have passed the point from being ambivalent to being a grumpy old man. Yesterday as I was leaving a Safeway market, I saw a woman on her cell phone open the large driver side door to get into her SUV. The door crashed into the passenger side of my ES. The woman paused, looked at my car, got into hers and drove away . . . all without stopping her cell phone conversation.

I hurried to try to get her license plate number but unfortunately failed to do so.

Bumps and scratches on my cars used to mildly irritate me. Now, looking at the deep cuts on the side of my three-month-old ES infuriates and sickens me. I am angry with the women who did this and her lack of responsibility.

Someone in an earlier thread mentioned how we, as an owner of a car, see things in our own cars that others do not see. It is true. The gashes in my car look huge to me even though none is longer than five inches in length.

Then in addition, I am angry that I have to lose my car for days while it is being repaired.

As a grumpy old man, I dislike women focused on their cell phone conversations in public areas. They are usually loud and blind to every and anything around them other than their phone conversation.

I also try to be cautious around women driving SUV’s or any kind of trucks, They seem to be overmatched by the size of their vehicles.

Lastly, I am appalled by people in general who lack personal responsibility and common courtesy; especially when they leave the scene of damage they created without leaving a note, etc.

I thought that my rant in this thread would cool me down. It has not done so. Sorry.
I feel your pain and am sorry that this happened to you. I have used the paintless dent removal service in the past, and it comes out looking like new. Give it a shot.
Old 09-17-07, 07:26 AM
ESDragon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's why I don't TRUST nobody when parking in public. Call me paranoid, but I always tried to park as far away from other cars as possible. I have my share of dings and scratches from my old car. People just don't respect other people's property especially to things like this. And I do agree, women in big SUV are not allow to drive. Just reading this thread makes me mad!!!
Old 09-17-07, 09:55 AM
MShybrid
Pole Position

I definately can relate to your story carbuff. I was recently at a fast food place and watched this guy open his rear door into the side of my Ram. When this happened, I noticed that the door was still not open as much as he wanted and was in the process of forcing it open more when I ran out and stopped him. When I commented that I would appreciate it if he did not screw my truck up due to his inconsideration. He just shrugged it off and went about his way. It is true.....most people just don't care and are not responsible for their actions.
They should all be taken out back and taught respect for other peoples property.
Old 09-17-07, 02:18 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is why the temptation of having a hammer or screwdriver under the front seat might come in handy...
Old 09-17-07, 02:46 PM
GUJIGUJI
Rookie

this kind of thing happened 3 times to me already ever since i pick up my ES in late March. lucky those damages aint as bad as yours, but they r still see-able even after i polished and waxed the car. There was this woman w/ her mercedes hitting my door when i was still in the car. I yelled at her and she didnt even look at me just kept walking to the shopping center. So i had no choice but to gave her "1" flat tire.
Old 09-17-07, 05:05 PM
MShybrid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by garsarno
This is why the temptation of having a hammer or screwdriver under the front seat might come in handy...
A well placed boot works every time
Old 09-17-07, 09:09 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

I work in Ridgewood NJ, and all day everyday all I see are women driving SUV while talking on their cell phones, witnessed more then a few accidents which probably resulted because of the cell.

Right now women in Land Rovers and Suburbans is really creeping me out cause of the size and amount of damage those things can do, and the lack of the so called driver, the attitude it's just a car does not fly.

At 28 Im paranoid and pissed off, no one wants to be responsible for their actions
Old 09-17-07, 10:02 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can empathise with your situation. Several years ago, I had a 6 week old black ES. I had washed and polished it and went to the store. I parked it about 250 feet from the entrance with no other cars within 100 feet. When I returned, there was a shopping cart 'resting' around the front part of the drivers door. I pulled the cart away, and it had been intentionally rammed hard into the door, leaving several creases in the skin of the fender and door. It was beyond PDR (Paintless Dent Repair). I ended up stuck with $500 deductible and a $1500 insurance claim. All because some loser was jealous of what I worked hard to attain. I hope your repairs are easier/cheaper.

Good Luck!
Old 09-18-07, 07:58 AM
onsknht
Pole Position

Unfortunately this in my opinion is a societal issue and it's one that will become more pronounced over the next year, right up until 11/02/08.

Our limited choices divide us further... We need mandatory health insurance like Iran needs nukes. A good number of people today want the government to "take over," it dumbs folk down and segregates, keeps them from forming groups and opinions... The downside is nobody cares about anyone else and everybody's trashing everybody else's stuff.
Old 09-18-07, 08:03 AM
WindSpeed
Driver School Candidate

Although I have not taken delivery on my ES as of yet, I can appreciate the discussion. This is because I was rammed in the rear by a woman talking on a cell phone while driving her once beautiful SUV. Turns out, I had a trailer hitch on mine, and it did justifiable damage to her front end. I couldn't stop laughting as she gazed at the massive damage to her SUV as she clung to her cell phone . . .

I apologize for injecting a non-ES post to this thread.

Captain Tony