Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does a BuyBack work?

Can someone please explain..
Old 06-08-07, 04:51 PM
Swobro
Driver School Candidate

When I was experiencing my transmission issues, after the dealer replaced the unit and there was no improvement they said "that's all we can do." I got the corporate number from them and eventually reached a customer service rep. I informed the customer rep that I was pursuing the Lemon Law process but I encouraged them to buy the car back. They interviewed me over the phone and that was that.

~4 - 5 weeks later they contacted me by phone to inform me that they were "repurchasing" the vehicle. They faxed me the paperwork with the offer and it was up to me to accept the offer (original price plus tax, license, etc, minus a mileage deduction). I signed the paperwork and the process began.

A third party, contracted by Lexus, arranged to inspect the vehicle and pick it up at a local dealership - this is all arranged in advance. This takes about 2 - 4 weeks from when Lexus tells you they will buy the car back. Since my loan was from another institution, Lexus made contact with them, paid of the loan balance, and issued me a check for the interest that I had paid - I made out OK.
Old 06-08-07, 05:16 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

After purchasing my latest car I told my salesman the next day I hated the color. Told him it made me depressed. He told me the car would be eligible for a Lexus buy back in 6 months. I didn't ask for more info because I wanted the chance to get used to the color before I researched options. Everyday I like it a little more. In 6 months I may be in love with it.
Old 06-08-07, 07:27 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would you want to know? You haven't even got the car, and already curious about buyback? In my case, dealership took care of everything. After 2 failed trannies (I purchased my ES350 last July, flares started 2 month later), they offered me either another ES350, all money back, or trade into another Lexus (IS/RX/GS). After test driving GS350, it was not a brainer. I paid the difference in price and the tax on difference. End of story.
Old 06-08-07, 08:22 PM
L_Rod
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by twister
Why would you want to know? You haven't even got the car, and already curious about buyback? In my case, dealership took care of everything. After 2 failed trannies (I purchased my ES350 last July, flares started 2 month later), they offered me either another ES350, all money back, or trade into another Lexus (IS/RX/GS). After test driving GS350, it was not a brainer. I paid the difference in price and the tax on difference. End of story.
Because I want to know. I am unfamiliar with a lot of terms on this forum and I am trying to educate myself. That's why I am on here asking questions. Sorry if you feel there is a problem with that.
Old 06-08-07, 08:57 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by L_Rod
Because I want to know. I am unfamiliar with a lot of terms on this forum and I am trying to educate myself. That's why I am on here asking questions. Sorry if you feel there is a problem with that.
As Bart Simpson might say, "Do not have a cow, man".
Old 06-09-07, 05:42 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Correction, "Do not have a cow, lady"

@ L_Rod: I don't have problem with that. And, I wish you all the best luck with your new car with hope you will never have to go through buyback Its not fun owning a car for 4 month and spending over a month driving loaners while they fixing it. I have a very negative feeling about ES350...