ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

10k mile service with Spiderman

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-07, 12:13 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10k mile service with Spiderman

Two saturdays ago, I brought my ES350 to the Glendale dealership for my 10k mile service. I got a quote previously ($179) and decided to go ahead. Went into the lounge and grabbed some free fresh-baked muffins and a cup of mocha latte. Because the dealership recently decided to close on sundays, the saturday schedule was very hectic. It was 8am and the lounge was almost packed with people. I grabbed an internet station and surfed the web. I noticed that Spiderman 3 was playing at a local theater. Then I started thinking: since wife doesn't expect me back till noon, maybe I can catch the 9am showing... So I headed to the help desk and asked: "how much longer?" The lady replied "a couple more hours....it's busy morning". Then I said, "give me a loaner please....i have to be somewhere urgently". The lady shook her head, indicating that the 10k service did not warrant a loaner. Then I went over to the manager and explained that because sundays were closed, I am forced to bring in my car on such a busy day as saturday. I told him i needed a loaner for a couple of hours due to "urgent business". He agreed, and I drove off in an RX330.

By the time I got back, my car was done and washed. What a feeling....car drives smooth as silk....the exterior shiny as a penny... I cant believe I just squeezed spidey into my schedule, and it all worked out!! With a wife and toddler and a job that requires 60+ hours per week, I dont remember when was the last time I went to the movies! This was nice indeed.
Old 05-16-07, 03:19 AM
GUJIGUJI
Rookie

Wow....a Movie Opens At 9am!! I Wish I Have Something Similar Here So I Don't Have To Get Into Crowded Weekend Nights For Movies.
Old 05-16-07, 05:49 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My bizarro bro Kaius is back with a good story!!! Your crazy hours at work cutting into all the entertainment posts you used to treat us with last year Are you sure it was Spidey movie and not a massage parlor (w/happy ending)?
Old 05-16-07, 07:42 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good story.

I'm glad to hear things worked out well: car serviced, free loaner for a few hours, and Spidey 3.
Old 05-16-07, 11:05 AM
BobBass
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Kaiuss,

Forget all the rest...what did you think of "Spiderman 3?"

My wife and I were greatly DISAPPOINTED by this overly long "chick flick" containing too many plot lines. Nowhere near as good as the first two installments. We almost walked out.

You woulda been better off spending your ticket $ on Nick Cage's "Next" with the Beautiful Jessica Biel.
Old 05-18-07, 04:57 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BobBass
You woulda been better off spending your ticket $ on Nick Cage's "Next" with the Beautiful Jessica Biel.
Methinks Ms. Biel can give J-Lo a run for the money in the "rear-end" department...
Old 05-23-07, 11:11 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

I thought spidey 3 was ok... the plot change was not ideal, but blended in ok. I thought Ron Howard's kid has grown up to be a nice-looking young lady. There was definitely too much drama and not enuff action. The last tag-team scene was pretty cool tho. I know spidey 3 is old news, so lemme mention something about Shrek 3..... Took my kid and wife to see it on saturday.... First time ever to the movies all 3 of us together. Funny thing about taking a toddler to see a comedy: during the funny scenes she looked as serious as Judge Judy. During the emotional touchy moments, she giggled as if someone were tickling her. I cant figure out what she was thinking. Anyway, i didnt like Shrek 3 all that much. I thought it was kinda boring. I waiting for TRANSFORMERS 7/4/07!!!!
Old 05-23-07, 11:21 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by twister
My bizarro bro Kaius is back with a good story!!! Your crazy hours at work cutting into all the entertainment posts you used to treat us with last year Are you sure it was Spidey movie and not a massage parlor (w/happy ending)?
Hey bizzaro bro! You'll never believe this (I swear it's true!). Last month I had a bad neck ache from all the overtime and stress at work. I was driving around my neighborhood and found a medical therapeutic massage office. Now my neighborhood is no slum....it's actually very safe and very family-oriented area. I was pretty sure the massage office was legit, so I went in and paid $60 for 1 hour of crackling hard massage. I striped down to my underwear, and this lady walks in....totally clothed and professional. She started working on me and twisted me like a pretzel. Ah...it felt good...kinda hurts but it was a good sort of pain. Then she flipped me over onto my back and started touching me inappropriately. I told her to stop. She said I could opt-out, but I had to tip her. I took out a $20 and gave it to her. She looked mad. I asked whats wrong. She said everyone else tips her $40....and that the office pays her $0 for each client... she is only compensated via tips and nothing more. I felt bad so I gave her another $20. So my conclusion is: there is no legit massage facilities in LA....NONE!!!
Old 05-24-07, 03:19 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kaius88
...Then she flipped me over onto my back and started touching me inappropriately. I told her to stop. She said I could opt-out, but I had to tip her. I took out a $20 and gave it to her. She looked mad. I asked whats wrong. She said everyone else tips her $40....and that the office pays her $0 for each client... she is only compensated via tips and nothing more. I felt bad so I gave her another $20. So my conclusion is: there is no legit massage facilities in LA....NONE!!!
Gee...$40 tip to opt out? Makes one wonder how much of a tip would she have asked for if you chose NOT to opt out???
Old 05-24-07, 03:31 PM
BobBass
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Opt-Out!?!?!

There is a scene exactly like this in Larry David's "Curb Your Enthusiasm." Season 2, Episode 10 - originally aired 11/25/01.

If anybody is a "Seinfeld" fan, you HAVE to watch "CYE." You might be able to catch this episode "OnDemand" with Comcast.