ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

CD Title and Song Title do not display

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-07, 03:37 PM
TexEx1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CD Title and Song Title do not display

I have a 2007 ES350 with in dash 6-CD changer with NAV (but not Mark L. system). When I load music CD's from music retail stores , i.e. not something I burned, I do not get the CD Title and Song Title to display. It just says "untitled". I would think a regular music CD would work. (I understand that if I burn a CD their are particular file formats I have to use)

Am I missing something? Does it only work on Mark L. system? Is it an issue for dealer? Thanks!
Old 04-14-07, 04:56 PM
jerfitz
Pole Position

TexEx1,

I have the Mark Levinson (ML) so I ran a test. I took a couple of my original CDs and placed them in the ML audio system and, guess what, NO song titles showed on the screen. In fact it said, "no titles."

This is most likely the fault of the Lexus ML audio system because I know the song titles are on the original CDs. This is because I took one of these CDs and copied a song to a folder on my PC. Guess what, the song title was there. Then I burned that same song to a blank CD and played it on the ML audio system and the song title showed on the video screen. No more "no titles."

JerFitz
Old 04-14-07, 05:59 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Maybe it also has something to do with the way the tags are encoded in the original CD/mp3 files. By playing with the tag settings that might have an effect.
Old 04-14-07, 06:58 PM
gwong
Rookie

Originally Posted by jerfitz
TexEx1,

I have the Mark Levinson (ML) so I ran a test. I took a couple of my original CDs and placed them in the ML audio system and, guess what, NO song titles showed on the screen. In fact it said, "no titles."

This is most likely the fault of the Lexus ML audio system because I know the song titles are on the original CDs. This is because I took one of these CDs and copied a song to a folder on my PC. Guess what, the song title was there. Then I burned that same song to a blank CD and played it on the ML audio system and the song title showed on the video screen. No more "no titles."

JerFitz
Next time, disconnect from your internet connection before ripping and see what happens. Your music player is accessing an online music database to fill in the information.
If you're burning a regular cd audio, you need to check the "add cd text" option before burning your cd. If you're using Windows Media Player to burn, use something else, WMP does not add cd text. Use Nero or iTunes.
As for the names not appearing, check your owners manual, I thought I read somewhere you need to touch the cd/aux? on the radio screen. Sorry not more helpful, don't have access to an ES350 manual right now. Other thing, pre 1999 cds will not have cd text.

Last edited by gwong; 04-14-07 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-14-07, 10:46 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TexEx1
I have a 2007 ES350 with in dash 6-CD changer with NAV (but not Mark L. system). When I load music CD's from music retail stores , i.e. not something I burned, I do not get the CD Title and Song Title to display. It just says "untitled". I would think a regular music CD would work. (I understand that if I burn a CD their are particular file formats I have to use)

Am I missing something? Does it only work on Mark L. system? Is it an issue for dealer? Thanks!
You have to convert the music into an mp3 format onto a CD that you're burning for it to read the information.....but the titles have to be picked up first from the internet database. A commercially recorded CD will give you the "untitled" indication. This will not work unless you have a ML system. The standard system in the ES350 is not capable of playing mp3's.
Old 04-15-07, 12:58 PM
jerfitz
Pole Position

Smile

I ran another test and here is the easiest way I have found to copy specific songs from a CD that you own using Roxio Easy Media Creator 9.

Start Roxio 9> go to Music Disk Creator> put a flash drive in one of your USB ports> choose MP3/WMA disk> go to the drive where the CD is and the songs will be moved to the upper part of the screen> choose the specific songs you want from the CD by highlighting each one> click on ADD to move them from the upper screen to the lower screen> Choose WAV format (you can also use MP3 or WMA if you wish)> choose Send to a Poraable Device> choose the flash drive (whatever drive letter was chosen by windows)> choose copy and the songs will be put on the flash drive.

When it is done you will have songs with a .WAV format WITH the song title included. WAV formats play on any player.

Last, copy the songs from the flash drive to whichever folder you want in your PC and then burn a disk from that folder in your PC.

JerFitz

Last edited by jerfitz; 04-21-07 at 02:44 PM.