ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Suggestions for this site in dealing with Trans Flare, Wind Noise, Diesel Noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-07, 09:49 AM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suggestions for this site in dealing with Trans Flare, Wind Noise, Diesel Noise

I wanted to comment on the “Will daily ES 350 negative dumps continue?” thread but it was closed before I had an opportunity. I would like to add my perspective and a suggestion to hopefully help both sides of the argument.
When I first starting visiting this site, I too was amazed and disappointed to see so many postings from what appeared to be a few “whiners”. I thought there were a few who were expecting far too much of their vehicle/dealership/Lexus. After buying my ES and experiencing some of the problems first hand, I began to realize why there were so many posts, the level concern, and the need for discussion of possible resolutions and or approaches for resolution. Those with these problems come here seeking information to help make better decisions in dealing with or resolving the problems. It is a very important service this forum provides.
With that said however, I think the multiplicity and frequency of the threads on problems have distracted from the site and have probably discouraged others from participating. It can be really depressing reading all this “stuff”, especially if you are not sharing the problem. There have been numerous and repetitive threads going at the same time over the subject three problems and there is usually a great deal of overlap in the discussion within those threads as well. IMHO the primary purpose of this site should be for discussing the nuances of our vehicle, possible mods, improvements, and general “have you experienced”, or “where can a find” type threads. There should be more “I love my ES” threads as well. The public Toyota/Lexus bashing and anguish over problems (yes, I’m guilty as well) serves little purpose other than to depress our more lucky brethren.
So here is my suggestion. The moderators should make this thread a “sticky” and ask/enforce all discussions on the three main problems be posted here. A little allowance should be made for the occasional poll or genuine “How to fix” type thread. This would help those with problems by consolidating all discussions within one thread. Those who could care less could skip reading the thread. The main body of the forum hopefully remains with more typical threads as found on other boards. What do you think?

Pete
Old 04-03-07, 10:09 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like an excellent solution to an otherwise jumbled situation in multiple posts.
Old 04-03-07, 10:47 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also had a good suggestion previously, but it got "lost" among other posts. We already established that there is a number of people with problems, and everybody have their own story from the time problem started and through all the updates including numerous service visits, multiple tranny replacements, etc. So, why can't we have one sticky where you have to make ONLY ONE post describing your ES350 "history", and than as time progresses and you either get updates or resolutions - keep editing that one post. Sort of like we have "Introduce yourself" post where you only make one post. This way it could be like a blog where you keep your own "ES" story and don't spill into other threads. Of course, when someone posts a question on the forum with concerns, we can all chime in with our experience and suggestions. I find it lame when some respond back with "well, I don't have this problem, so here you go!" or maybe how some of us "rats" reply back "get GS/IS and be happy" (guilty as charged).

What do you guys think?
Old 04-03-07, 11:36 AM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Originally Posted by twister
I also had a good suggestion previously, but it got "lost" among other posts. We already established that there is a number of people with problems, and everybody have their own story from the time problem started and through all the updates including numerous service visits, multiple tranny replacements, etc. So, why can't we have one sticky where you have to make ONLY ONE post describing your ES350 "history", and than as time progresses and you either get updates or resolutions - keep editing that one post. Sort of like we have "Introduce yourself" post where you only make one post. This way it could be like a blog where you keep your own "ES" story and don't spill into other threads. Of course, when someone posts a question on the forum with concerns, we can all chime in with our experience and suggestions. I find it lame when some respond back with "well, I don't have this problem, so here you go!" or maybe how some of us "rats" reply back "get GS/IS and be happy" (guilty as charged).

What do you guys think?
I like that idea as well and fits with what I suggested. It would be a much clearer picture of the history of each persons vehicle and experience.

Pete
Old 04-03-07, 11:39 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twister

What do you guys think?
i like it
Old 04-03-07, 11:50 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Sounds good to me!!
Old 04-03-07, 12:17 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Or we can move it to another forum.
Old 04-03-07, 12:40 PM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Or we can move it to another forum.
Been hitting the laughing gas again, have we?

Pete
Old 04-03-07, 01:32 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

IMO, what would be the absolute best is if the volume of and variety of quality issues dropped allowing the forum to naturally transform into similar to that you see on IS and GS forums which is as a result of them clearly not having the issues ES owners do who discuss them.

I suppose the forum could be altered, or a seperate problem and resolution forum could be created to steer the quality issues members discuss but I do not see forum alteration simply to suit quality issues on the IS or GS forum, they just naturally are what they are as a result of owner experiences shared there. I believe they would look very similar to the ES forum if they were dealing with more than 1 issue and at the same time not being offered solutions for 1 or more of the issues they were having to deal with as is the case with ES owners. Even a solution for dust is offered them as example.

As for positive content, it appears some mentioning lack of positive content do not themselves create any threads at all that are positive or make effort to maintain/update those that are in my observations.

We do though have some mod threads and other interesting content in spite of discussion pertaining to quality issues.
Old 04-03-07, 01:56 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

twister,

I do not know where we would be without the input of our "GS rats"
Old 04-03-07, 04:16 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Do I smell a rat?
Old 04-03-07, 06:06 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is the first Lexus we have ever bought, having purchased Lincolns for years. Love the car, hate the current engine knock noise and having the transmission go in 2,000 miles. We expected better / told it was better from the Lexus nameplate. The local service people look at you and really don't have an answer to fix the knock, blaming it on the "fuel injection". Reminds me, as an on the road salesman, the real story of a salesman, who worked the NY / NJ territory in the seventies with our company. Whenever the customer had a complaint, he would answer "hey, what can I tell ya, their screwing me too".
Old 04-04-07, 09:35 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by garsarno
This is the first Lexus we have ever bought, having purchased Lincolns for years. Love the car, hate the current engine knock noise and having the transmission go in 2,000 miles. We expected better / told it was better from the Lexus nameplate. The local service people look at you and really don't have an answer to fix the knock, blaming it on the "fuel injection". Reminds me, as an on the road salesman, the real story of a salesman, who worked the NY / NJ territory in the seventies with our company. Whenever the customer had a complaint, he would answer "hey, what can I tell ya, their screwing me too".
So, this was the answer you got on your service visit yesterday? Was there any new information?
Old 04-04-07, 11:04 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Tried to drop off Sunday evening but the dealership has locked iron gates and no access to the lot. Seems in the late nineties, this dealership had the vehicle keys in a little lock box attached to the driver side passenger window. Seems some thieves from NY / NJ got into the lot on a Sunday night and drove off with a dozen or so Cadillacs, hence the limited access. Did not have time this week to do it as yet but it is going to happen and I will advise.
Old 04-04-07, 11:29 AM
chinny
Driver

I have not been on this board for a long time and i do not have alot of posts like you guys might notice. But i come from several boards that i was very active in. I just hate it when i come here trying to get information about my car and all i see is people complaining about their cars. I have no troubles with my car what so ever so im no 1 to speak. But seriously guys, posting defects here wont lead to anything positive.. it wont make lexus realize anything. If your car is defective go back and get another car. If your paying 40k for something, then make it worth it!

Quick Reply: Suggestions for this site in dealing with Trans Flare, Wind Noise, Diesel Noise