ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

When will this crap end?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-07, 10:03 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me too! Did you ever get the Vaistech SLS issue resolved?
Old 04-03-07, 06:42 AM
ESDragon
Driver

And so it begins.... I received a call from the service manager and he tells me that they are aware of the problem and will take my car in to diagnose. It was funny that I was actually online reading all the poor reviews of the ES350 when he called and I was fuming and was trying my best to keep myself together that I have to deal with this problem so soon. I literally scolded at him for being so upset. We will see what happens tomorrow.
Old 04-04-07, 06:25 AM
ESDragon
Driver

Default Update 4/2/07

I took the car in this morning and flared twice again. The service manager wasn't in there yet. Instead of waiting, I spoke to an advisor and he said his camry v6 was doing the same crap, but they change the tranny and it is fine again. Anyway, they put me in a 07 RX350 and this car drive real nice. No flares or any hesitation and it makes me wonder that why can't the ES drive like the other models. Mostly like it will be a tranny replacement, but we will see.

Update 2:45pm EST - Well, the dealership called me back and said they can't replicate the flare. They said the ES has the most updated transmission and not showing any faults on the computer. I was so frustrated and spoke to the service manager to assure him that the problem is there. He said he is going to personally road test the vehicle. I am dreading that he is going to call me and say there is nothing wrong, but clearly it does.

Last edited by ESDragon; 04-04-07 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-04-07, 11:42 AM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ESDragon - unfortunately they will have to replace your trans. There still is no other fix at this time, and the current TSIB still says replace transmission.

I know what you mean about the RX. The loaner RX vehicles I drove had no wind noise, and the trans shifted very well. I think the sound system in the base RX is also vastly superior to the ES350 "Premium" sound system too.
Old 04-04-07, 12:52 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ESDragon
Update 2:45pm EST - Well, the dealership called me back and said they can't replicate the flare. They said the ES has the most updated transmission and not showing any faults on the computer.
That is a tactic used on many of our members, myself included, claims of cannot duplicate and nothing showing on the computer....just means you are going to have to continue pushing on the subject as it seems you have already done by speaking with the service manager and may need at some point to videotape it and show that to them as other members were forced to do. Keep pushing.
Old 04-04-07, 01:01 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Update 2:45pm EST - Well, the dealership called me back and said they can't replicate the flare. They said the ES has the most updated transmission and not showing any faults on the computer. I was so frustrated and spoke to the service manager to assure him that the problem is there. He said he is going to personally road test the vehicle. I am dreading that he is going to call me and say there is nothing wrong, but clearly it does.

tell him to keep the car and test drive the car first thing in the morning.
The more he drives it around, the more he's not gonna be able to replicate.

If he's still giving you the bull*****, go down there and test drive with him.

Another thing is, sometimes the roads around the dealership don't allow you to shift to 4th gear fast enough. (lots of red lights and stop signs). My local dealership has a freeway onramp right next to it.

Last edited by dunnojack; 04-04-07 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-04-07, 01:02 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, keep pushing... that is a record button on your video camera. Get all the evidence together, print out TSIB, write a summary of your car daily flare behavior, etc. Than, go and present all your evidence. Otherwise, you will be wasting your time by dragging this...
Old 04-04-07, 03:27 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Another ES owner forced to grab his ankles and take it from Lexus. It just turns my stomach when I see a post about whiners when people are really suffering with this tranny situation.
Old 04-04-07, 04:40 PM
ESDragon
Driver

Update - 7:25pm EST: The service manager didn't call me back. So I gave him a call around 5:30pm. Left a voicemail to find out the status. Then the service advisor returned my call and said they want to keep it overnight and will roadtest it tomorrow morning. I was fine with that since the loaner is performing beautifully. I also open a case with Lexus Corp. They only took my information and will assign me to a case manager, but they will contact me within 48 hours. At this point, all I can do is wait and see what they find. I rather they replace the tranny then not doing anything. Even if I have to take this matter to my own hands to prove that I am not imagining these flares, I will do what Bob and others have done. I think it is ridiculous that I have to setup a camcorder to show that there is something serious wrong with the car. But if that what its going to take, I will do it. Thank you all for your support and stay tune for tomorrow's progress.
Old 04-04-07, 04:46 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update - 7:25pm EST: The service manager didn't call me back. So I gave him a call around 5:30pm. Left a voicemail to find out the status. Then the service advisor returned my call and said they want to keep it overnight and will roadtest it tomorrow morning. I was fine with that since the loaner is performing beautifully. I also open a case with Lexus Corp. They only took my information and will assign me to a case manager, but they will contact me within 48 hours. At this point, all I can do is wait and see what they find. I rather they replace the tranny then not doing anything. Even if I have to take this matter to my own hands to prove that I am not imagining these flares, I will do what Bob and others have done. I think it is ridiculous that I have to setup a camcorder to show that there is something serious wrong with the car. But if that what its going to take, I will do it. Thank you all for your support and stay tune for tomorrow's progress.

Sorry that you are going through this pain. My suggestion to you is to go ride with the manager in the morning.
Old 04-04-07, 06:59 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it is ridiculous that I have to setup a camcorder to show that there is something serious wrong with the car. But if that what its going to take, I will do it. Thank you all for your support and stay tune for tomorrow's progress.

if you ever get a chance, make sure you make a little Windows media video of the flare and post it on this forum.

Actually, I think most people can make a video now that digital cameras can record too.
Old 04-05-07, 04:21 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

I think that you will, and of course hope that you will do ok because you refused to accept the story given you and you got ahold of the service manager right away, as in same day, about it.

It is interesting that you were told you had the latest and greatest transmission as part of what you were told, wanderer posted he was told that same thing back in December on his vehicle slipping too.
Old 04-05-07, 12:01 PM
ESDragon
Driver

Default Update: 4/4/07 2:55pm EST

Well, the dealership called me back saying there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the car. He said he test drove it with a tech, service manager and advisor and didn't find anything wrong. He did ask me what kind of gas I put in because they notice a sulfur odor. I told him BP premium gas and he fed me saying that putting cheap gas might cause the flares. Eventhough the flares started happening with the original gas when I picked up the vehicle. I didn't want to argue anymore so I told him to get me a tech to ride with me tomorrow morning when I pick it up. My faith with Lexus is falling close to the bottom of the pit now.

Last edited by ESDragon; 04-05-07 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-05-07, 12:25 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Sounds like you should videotape the transmissing slipping to help prove your case.
Old 04-05-07, 02:16 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Well, the dealership called me back saying there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the car. He said he test drove it with a tech, service manager and advisor and didn't find anything wrong. He did ask me what kind of gas I put in because they notice a sulfur odor. I told him BP premium gas and he fed me saying that putting cheap gas might cause the flares. Eventhough the flares started happening with the original gas when I picked up the vehicle. I didn't want to argue anymore so I told him to get me a tech to ride with me tomorrow morning when I pick it up. My faith with Lexus is falling close to the bottom of the pit now.
Other than I hope you prevail in the am, if not......Here's a thought. You may have to wait for a copy of your service report to see but 3 attempts qualifies for Lemon Law in most states maybe even your state.

If yesterday there is a notation from that by the date that is one attempt, and today there is a notation by today's date that is a 2nd attempt and in the am afterward there is a third notation by that date that is the third attempt, you qualify, that is THREE attempts.

Then you need only file with your state and also videotape for use for Lemon Law needs.

Quick Reply: When will this crap end?