ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Will daily ES 350 negative dumps continue?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-07, 09:53 AM
Gumball
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will daily ES 350 negative dumps continue?

Reviewing some recent posts, I learned that some of the harshest critics of the ES 350 are bailing. They have elected to get or have new rides.

My ES 350 continues to function as advertised. The Chicago winter didn't phase it.

So far:- no diesel engine noise, no wind noise, no squeaky carpets, no erotic vibrations of seats or steering wheel, no transmission flares or slips, no Nav problems .

The only problems are the aggravating seat belt chimes, bad location of controls and getting the driver's door closed. I find the drivers door hard to grab and close and I am 5'10 with normal armspan.

Good luck to the disappointed ex-owners with their new rides but no fair continuing negative ES 350 posting when you are no longer an owner. Your experiences have been registered over and over again.
Old 04-01-07, 10:15 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Popcorn please.

And how do you make this chair recline? Oh, there you go. OK, proceed.
Old 04-01-07, 10:30 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Popcorn please.

And how do you make this chair recline? Oh, there you go. OK, proceed.
You having regular or microwave popcorn? Micro for me and a diet coke.
Old 04-01-07, 11:34 AM
djr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gumball
The only problems are the aggravating seat belt chimes,
Those can be disabled at the dealer. I had mine shut off.
Old 04-01-07, 11:47 AM
ESDragon
Driver

Reviewing some recent posts, I learned that some of the harshest critics of the ES 350 are bailing. They have elected to get or have new rides.

My ES 350 continues to function as advertised. The Chicago winter didn't phase it.

So far:- no diesel engine noise, no wind noise, no squeaky carpets, no erotic vibrations of seats or steering wheel, no transmission flares or slips, no Nav problems .

The only problems are the aggravating seat belt chimes, bad location of controls and getting the driver's door closed. I find the drivers door hard to grab and close and I am 5'10 with normal armspan.

Good luck to the disappointed ex-owners with their new rides but no fair continuing negative ES 350 posting when you are no longer an owner. Your experiences have been registered over and over again.
I wish everyone in here is as fortunate as you with your ES. But when you do encounter these flaring issues, it will drive you up the wall. Lots of luck to you.
Old 04-01-07, 01:20 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Nah...I think I'll stick around....it will be fun to watch and chime in.
Old 04-01-07, 01:23 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Oh that was me "NAV" problem.
Old 04-01-07, 01:55 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am still a very, very happy owner since May, 2007!!
I take exception to these "problems" listed in your post, because I don't find it so, in the very least!
Old 04-01-07, 02:27 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by amf1932
I am still a very, very happy owner since May, 2007!!
I take exception to these "problems" listed in your post, because I don't find it so, in the very least!
but you did have problems with your last lexus.
in contrast, i have a damn near perfect 2003 ES.

so people need to understand, lexus is not perfect. Just look at the 2006 GS disaster.

if you did get a perfect lexus, then enjoy.

Last edited by dunnojack; 04-01-07 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-01-07, 02:32 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
but you did have problems with your last lexus.

so people need to understand, lexus is not perfect.

if you did get a perfect lexus, then enjoy.
This was true on my '03ES, but the other two that I owned ('91ES & '94ES) were nigh on perfect. Two out of three ain't bad.
Old 04-01-07, 03:16 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might want to edit the above given the subject title and be sure to remove the dumping session on the ES350 control locations and chimes to keep it in the spirit of the title that is.
Old 04-01-07, 05:49 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amf1932
This was true on my '03ES, but the other two that I owned ('91ES & '94ES) were nigh on perfect. Two out of three ain't bad.
The sad thing is that it seems 2 out of 3 ES 350 owners on this forum either have cold engine knock or the flare. That IS bad. And no fix to boot!! Very disappointing.

Funny that my 2007 Chevy Malibu 2.2L 4 banger rental car I just drove on my business trip had no cold engine knock after starting it in 40 degree weather....

Enjoy the car, Alan. I wish mine was as perfect as yours. I hope you and others don't mind all of us venting about our problems. But, Lexus sure doesn't want to listen to us.
Old 04-01-07, 06:19 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Gumball, glad to hear that your ES is still in one piece and performing as advertised. I'm in the same boat as you. 10+ months and counting and I'm still very satisfied with the purchase. I agree that some of the controls could be better located, but none are a deal breaker for me. I do wish the
button(s) for the garage door opener were backlit. IMO that's an ergonomic oversight. No problem closing the drivers door.
Old 04-02-07, 08:41 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
Just look at the 2006 GS disaster.
what "2006 GS disaster"?
Old 04-02-07, 11:50 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Might be referring to the problems that the 06 GS had with rattles all over the car. The 07 GS is vastly improved but there is still a common rattle in the right front windshield area @ cold ambient temps.

Quick Reply: Will daily ES 350 negative dumps continue?