ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Enabling the NAV system features when driving

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-08, 03:18 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jerfitz
This is the normal way with the ES350...

To eject the DVD in your Lexus and press the start button once so the car is on ACC (don’t start it). Press the MENU button to the right of the screen. Touch “Map DVD” in the upper right corner of the screen. Touch DVD in lower left corner of the screen so the current DVD will be ejected.

But, check your manual I seem to remember an emerency method in the ES350 manual.
You're forgetting that before you eject the disc, you have to remove a trim panel which covers the slot. A special tool is supposedly required to remove this panel, but most likely you can remove it carefully without this tool.
Old 01-22-08, 03:24 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Here's the way to do it.

Old 01-27-08, 10:17 AM
bchi99
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help!

I put the hybird disc in and now i have contact dealer and i can't get the DVD to eject...is there a manual eject button? please help!
Old 01-27-08, 01:48 PM
bchi99
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone give me any tips for use the 5.1/7.1 combo? like dvd+r DL manfactor and tips?
Old 01-30-08, 02:16 PM
jerfitz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bchi99,

Here are some tips.

You already saw this one: Enabling the NAV System Features When Driving

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...69#post2503969

To see how to burn a hybrid DVD using Pressi ONES.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...2142447&page=9

In order to see how to make a Hybrid NAV DVD using the Gen 5 Ver 5.1 loading file and either a Ver 6.1 go to:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=173504

Then go down through the posts and read or copy all the posts by SonarTech. This will give you both the background and the how to burn the hybrid disk info.

Gen 5 Version 5.1 loading file (LOADING.KWI)

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=173730
Old 02-25-08, 08:20 AM
stevedemo
Driver School Candidate

Hopefully you've been able to get the disc out by now, but if not I had the same problem - here's what I did: I pressed the display where the eject button would be, and also pressed the upper right corner where the Map DVD button would be. Either one button or the combination ejected the disc.
Old 02-25-08, 09:08 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by stevedemo
Hopefully you've been able to get the disc out by now, but if not I had the same problem - here's what I did: I pressed the display where the eject button would be, and also pressed the upper right corner where the Map DVD button would be. Either one button or the combination ejected the disc.
Did you have a problem removing the bezel as illustrated on the above post?
I spoke to Lexus service and they told me they have a special tool for removing it. I can't see spending $55 to let them replace this disc.
Old 02-25-08, 07:24 PM
pestleman0
Driver

Originally Posted by amf1932
Did you have a problem removing the bezel as illustrated on the above post?
I spoke to Lexus service and they told me they have a special tool for removing it. I can't see spending $55 to let them replace this disc.
Use your fingernails on both left and right side and push up. It pops right off. Possible to pry up a little bit with your fingernail and use a credit card if your nails aren't that long or too fragile.
Old 02-25-08, 09:29 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pestleman0
Use your fingernails on both left and right side and push up. It pops right off. Possible to pry up a little bit with your fingernail and use a credit card if your nails aren't that long or too fragile.
Thanks for this info........I'll give it a try tomorrow.
Old 02-27-08, 09:32 AM
static
Driver

Has anyone figured out which ES350 fuse actually will cause the Nav to lose the OS so the older disk will reload it? There isn't one marked TV in the ES, I checked the manual and looked at the markings on the fuse covers. No luck.

I tried Radio 1 and Radio 2, under the dash and hood, while radio 2 caused the Nav display to go dead, I left it out overnight and it didn't lose the OS. Putting in the hybrid disk it simply reloaded the maps.

I only use the hybrid disc for long trips and we are driving from NH to FL for a month stay down there.

To get it to load the OS I had to pull the battery and doing that lost the seat positions and who knows what else.
Old 02-29-08, 10:07 AM
jerfitz
Pole Position

Look here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=nav+fuse
Old 03-09-08, 08:21 AM
SeaDrive
Driver School Candidate

I picked up a 2008 ES350 earlier this week and performed the nav mod yesterday. It didn't seem to completely enable the nav features. I moved the sky blue wire to where the orange wire was and left the orange wire disconnected and shrink wrapped. When I reconnected everything I noticed that I now have full telephone functions while in motion but the nav, calendar and maintenance menus are still greyed out. I'm running th 7.1 DVD. Is it possible that the 08 has been changed to eliminate the results of the mod on the nav features? Could I have missed something other than the wire move? I had 3 other people check the wires against the photos to ensure that I had the correct wires and I did.
Old 03-10-08, 11:03 AM
jerfitz
Pole Position

SeaDrive,

It's been a while but as I remember, the only way to get the NAV system to work while driving is to either burn a hybrid disk as described in this post or go to the post describing the Manual Nav Hack Switch.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=234401

On the other hand the following wire cutting hack does NOT make the NAV system work when driving.

HOW TO: Access Calendar, Phone, Music Folders, and Maintenance menus.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=276775
Old 03-11-08, 10:41 AM
SeaDrive
Driver School Candidate

That's interesting. The phone menu does work but the calendar and maintence menus are still greyed out. Not a big deal as the phone menu is most important.

I guess I'll be burning a disk.

Thanks.
Old 03-11-08, 12:38 PM
jerfitz
Pole Position

SeaDrive,

Maybe "Mama Lexus" changed something because mine is an 07 and yours is an 08. Furthermore SonarTech devised the wire cutting fix for an 07.

Re burning a new hybrid disk for an 08, I have not yet seen any posts where it was successful for an 08. I really hope you can make it work!

Quick Reply: Enabling the NAV system features when driving