ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Took the plunge!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-07, 08:52 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! There's NOTHING more exciting than getting behind the wheel of a brand new car for the first time, buckling up, and putting it into "DRIVE" !! ....have fun!
Old 03-16-07, 08:56 AM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ESDragon
I got a call from the dealership and the car will be here sometime today. I can pick it up tomorrow... YES!! I am not going to be sleeping tonight.
I know you're eager to get the car but have you seen the weather report???

6-8" of snow!

You may want to think of waiting until early next week to take delivery.

Don't worry, it'll still be as sweet.
Old 03-16-07, 09:04 AM
ESDragon
Driver

Originally Posted by PsychDoc

6-8" of snow!

I heard.. Damn! But I am getting mix reports saying that the snow might be coming down Friday night. I already taken Friday off from work to pick it up. I can't imagine waiting till next week for the car.... WHY WHY WHY!!!
Old 03-16-07, 09:06 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

6-8" of snow!

Who are you kidding, you'd hire a snow plow operator if need be to get at that brand new car.

...especially if had a key required ignition
Old 03-16-07, 09:15 AM
ESDragon
Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
Who are you kidding, you'd hire a snow plow operator if need be to get at that brand new car.

I will probably do that! Too much lack of sleep for the past week waiting for the car. As long as the snow comes down late, I don't really care. It will be safely inside my garage. Heck, I might just spend the night with my new baby.
Old 03-16-07, 09:17 AM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

You know what's funny? As I always do, I read all the car reviews in all the major car mags and I can't tell you how often a reviewer has spoken dismissively about the whole keyless start thing. I feel so vindicated every time I read an article like that.

Interestingly, they never talk about the keyless entry in a similarly dismissive fashion.

Oh well a friend of mine just picked up his dark grey/light grey interior UL two weeks ago and both he and his wife love every single thing about it.

In spite of it's flaws (and, as you know, I think there are several), it's still a pretty nice car.

Last edited by PsychDoc; 03-16-07 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-16-07, 09:23 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

You know what's funny? As I always do, I read all the car reviews in all the major car mags and I can't tell you how often a reviewer has spoken dismissively about the whole keyless start thing. I feel so vindicated every time I read an article like that.

Interestingly, they never talk about the keyless entry in a similarly dismissive fashion.

Oh well a friend of mine just picked up his dark grey/light grey interior UL two weeks ago and both he and his wife love every single thing about it.

In spite of it's flaws (and, as you know, I see that there are many), it's still a pretty nice car.
psych,
Yes it has nice features.

ESdragon..don't let psych fool you, add a key required ignition and he'd drive the snow plow to get the car.

If it is coming in today maybe you could ask if they would PDI it late today or early evening for you and then pick it up tonight.

Call and ask for service manager and give him the details of your car and I think they could do it for you.
Old 03-16-07, 10:00 AM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

psych,
Yes it has nice features.

ESdragon..don't let psych fool you, add a key required ignition and he'd drive the snow plow to get the car.

If it is coming in today maybe you could ask if they would PDI it late today or early evening for you and then pick it up tonight.

Call and ask for service manager and give him the details of your car and I think they could do it for you.
Good suggestion Bob, if he could get it tonight, that'd be ideal!

Old 03-16-07, 01:28 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Good suggestion Bob, if he could get it tonight, that'd be ideal!

Thanks psych..

It has been real quiet from ES since I posted that suggestion.

I'm thinking he hardly finished reading it before his hand was on the phone and dialing and he is off at dealer getting his car after they agreed to do it for him right away.
Old 03-16-07, 02:53 PM
static
Driver

I wouldn't sweat the snow too much, that front drive with all that weight up there, it stays connected!
Old 03-16-07, 03:44 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by static
I wouldn't sweat the snow too much, that front drive with all that weight up there, it stays connected!
Good point, static. We've had a lot of snow around here this winter and the FWD, TRAC and VSC do a nice job with it. Although driving a brand new car home from the dealer in traffic, I'd be nervous.
Old 03-16-07, 04:53 PM
ESDragon
Driver

Guys, not planning to pick up the car tonight. My wife and my 10th month old daughter will be tagging along tomorrow to pick up the car. So far the past 12 months, my life have been a roller coaster. I have changed jobs, moved / bought a house, became a father and now a new car.
Old 03-17-07, 11:32 AM
ESDragon
Driver

Just came back from the dealership. Even though it is probably the worst day to pick up a new car, I did it since I couldn't wait. The drive back was such a great experience. I am officially an owner of an ES350 and will post pics when the weather gets better here in NY. I am so cited!!
Old 03-17-07, 11:43 AM
alenglish
Driver School Candidate

Congrats! Great color combo. I took delivery of my SGM/Black interior, Ultra Lux Pkg ES 350 Saturday and absolutely love it. It's definitely a "head turner!"
Old 03-17-07, 03:22 PM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ESDragon
Just came back from the dealership. Even though it is probably the worst day to pick up a new car, I did it since I couldn't wait. The drive back was such a great experience. I am officially an owner of an ES350 and will post pics when the weather gets better here in NY. I am so cited!!

Great job Dragon!

I'll bet you felt like a million bucks as soon as you got your new honey into the garage. Took me 2 1/2 hours to get back from Suffolk Co. to NYC today! Worst driving weather I can remember in quite a long time.

Wishing you lots of happy motoring.