ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Is this a lemon?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-07, 10:31 PM
logo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a lemon?

I am sick of visiting the dealership again and again. I want to ask for a replacement ES350 and I would greatly appreciate if someone can guide me with the steps that I need to take.

Here is my story....

Went to dealer for rattling dashboard with around 4500 miles on car. Also asked the dealer to do 5000 miles free service. Same day, service rep called to say I have a transmission issue (its not shifting the way it should) and they need to change the transmission.

Next day, picked the car up with new transmission. Within 15 min of driving, started hearing the same dashboard rattle and in addition, transmission would vibrate at around 35 mph and 1200-1400 rpm (I think some other people have experienced this issue as well). Drove right back to dealer and he gave me another loaner. Dealer took 12 days to repair rattle and fit in a new transmission(transmission was not available). Didn't drive car for a couple of days.

Today when I drove it, the trunk does not open, not with a remote and not with trunk opener in the car. The L1 and L2 seat settings buttons don't work.

I am really frustrated with the ongoing issues with my car and want to ask dealer to give me a replacement. What do you think would be the best approach? Should I talk to service rep or my sales rep? Pl. advise.

Thanks!
Old 03-02-07, 11:25 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

that doesnt sound as bad as what others are experiencing with their cars...perhaps you should wait it out.

Understand, rattles are very very hard to find and fix, and rarely get fixed as a result. If you do feel that its a lemon, tell your serive advisor about your situation, and read up on these other threads about a buyback.
Old 03-03-07, 12:22 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

check your state's lemon laws and get a free consultation with your local lemon lawyers. They'll be able to give you a better idea.

in cali, we usually have to give them 4 chances for the same problem.
Old 03-03-07, 04:17 AM
djr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today when I drove it, the trunk does not open, not with a remote and not with trunk opener
There is a trunk lockout button right inside the glovebox, it might have been pressed when they tried to fix the dashboard rattle.

Went to dealer for rattling dashboard with around 4500 miles on car
Did they do the windshield pin removal TSIB? I just had it done 10 days ago and the rattles are gone & the tech seemed pretty familiar with the issue. It is kind of sad that they allow the cars off the lot when such a simple fix could be applied...
Old 03-03-07, 04:31 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

logo,

If I understood you right, you car has had three transmissions put in it, the one put in at factory and 2 replacements and you still have unresolved dash rattles.

This is as bad, if not worse than members report on their vehicle as regards the transmission and after the 1st replacement one went in and it failed you could have lobbied for your money back at that time as others have. You could try first talking it over with service manager, though the sales manager at your dealer might be very helpful too and may be the better choice because he can always find out from service manager what your car's woes have been after he has first heard them from you.

No matter what you do at least call your state's Lemon Law info number in Lemon Law pamphlet that came along with your manual, you will feel a lot better after just talking it over with them. It is likely a toll free number.

Also please consider taking poll... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=264465
...On your first transmission replacement failing as it helps other make determinations about their vehicle.

Your dealer really sounds on the ball otherwise though if they caught the transmission issue when you took it for oil change and you had not even asked them to look at transmission for any reason you had observed. The trunk may be the valet button in glove box turned off. Good luck with seeking your resolution.