ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

My ES350 UL is going to the crusher!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-07, 04:48 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My ES350 UL is going to the crusher!!

Well I got a story, I’m not to savvy when it comes to the Lemon Law, matter of fact I don’t know jack. If you’ve read my pervious posts over the last 2 ½ months you would know I’m pursuing a replacement ES350 UL, because of all the things that went wrong on that car from day one. The car has 3800 miles on it now. Last night was the final end of the paper work and I have my new UL. While signing the last of the paper work he said Lexus will take care of your lemon. I didn’t know I had a lemon. I thought it had things wrong with it and I wanted a new car. After we finshed up I asked him what are you going to do with the car? He said were going to crush it! What! I thought You guys action them off. Nop, under Lemon Law the car is crushed. When we got home I thought about that and felt sad, like I just killed my car. Is it true they take lemons to the crusher like in flatten, shred into little pices?
Old 02-28-07, 04:50 PM
sdbrandon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by osokuko
Well I got a story, I’m not to savvy when it comes to the Lemon Law, matter of fact I don’t know jack. If you’ve read my pervious posts over the last 2 ½ months you would know I’m pursuing a replacement ES350 UL, because of all the things that went wrong on that car from day one. The car has 3800 miles on it now. Last night was the final end of the paper work and I have my new UL. While signing the last of the paper work he said Lexus will take care of your lemon. I didn’t know I had a lemon. I thought it had things wrong with it and I wanted a new car. After we finshed up I asked him what are you going to do with the car? He said were going to crush it! What! I thought You guys action them off. Nop, under Lemon Law the car is crushed. When we got home I thought about that and felt sad, like I just killed my car. Is it true they take lemons to the crusher like in flatten, shred into little pices?
Sounds like B.S. to me.
Old 02-28-07, 04:53 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Is it true they take lemons to the crusher like in flatten, shred into little pices?
no, its not true
Old 02-28-07, 04:59 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fear not osu the guy was either totally BS'ing you, or more likely making a joke not thinking you would take it seriously.
Old 02-28-07, 05:19 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Yeah it’s like that cop series “bad car bad car what they going to do with you” well I did asked some of the guys at work today about it and one said oh yeah they do that now. Well anything possible in California, maybe each state has it’s own lemon laws, I have no idea.
Old 02-28-07, 05:22 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You would think that if they were going to do that, they would at least remove the salvageable parts (wood trim, NAVI, etc)

Sorry to hear about the car but at least they are taking care of you...
Old 02-28-07, 05:25 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Yeah it’s like that cop series “bad car bad car what they going to do with you” well I did asked some of the guys at work today about it and one said oh yeah they do that now. Well anything possible in California, maybe each state has it’s own lemon laws, I have no idea.

oso, I don't recall you filing a Lemon Law complaint in the first place with the state, that should tell you the guy was joking or BS'ing.
Old 02-28-07, 06:01 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

I guess crushing a car would be a bit extreme.
Old 02-28-07, 06:05 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

I guess crushing a car would be a bit extreme.
LOL...yes it would be, but it had you going for a while. I hope the guy was joking and did not realize you took him seriously.
Old 02-28-07, 09:43 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

if its true, you should have asked for15 minutes with the car to pry the navigation out of the dash
Old 02-28-07, 10:54 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

you don't crush a lemon.. you suppose to squeeze it to make lemonade.
Old 02-28-07, 11:43 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

lawl good one
Old 02-28-07, 11:44 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They could've given it to some poor guy across the Mexican border at least.

anyway, can you quickly summarize what your problems were with the first car? I don't remember you complaining either. But you did say you were optimistic about the "changes" in the 2nd car....

please report back

I haven't heard anyone recently complain about transmission problems. Is it possible that Lexus really squashed all of them in Japan before shipping them cross seas?

Last edited by dunnojack; 02-28-07 at 11:51 PM.
Old 03-01-07, 04:42 AM
onsknht
Pole Position

What happens to my Lemon once the manufacturer buys it back?

This will also vary from state to state, but in California the titles are branded "Lemon Law Buyback" according to Evan Nossoff of the California Department of Motor Vehicles. The Lemon Law defect is then repaired and the vehicle is offered for sale. The selling dealer of the vehicle must also disclose to the potential purchaser that it is a Lemon Law Buyback vehicle and the nature of the Lemon Law defect(s). According to Attorney David J. Farrell, in California, you are also given a Lemon Law Warranty to cover the defect for 12 months and unlimited mileage, plus the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty, if applicable. There is a potential for a "Lemon Law Buyback" vehicle to not be sold as such. If the vehicle is transferred from one state to another, the state the vehicle is newly titled in may not recognize the previous state's title branding. In many cases, A VIN check can find a Lemon Law branded title from other states. To check for a possible branded title, click on the link to the Edmunds.com homepage and follow the "Free Carfax Lemon Check" link to find out.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying...4/article.html
Old 03-01-07, 07:15 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Monitor ebaymotors.com for your vehicle. It will probably turn up on auction.

Quick Reply: My ES350 UL is going to the crusher!!