ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Replacement ES is already at the Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-07, 06:01 PM
1seeker1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gooch
Since the car is at the dealer, I cannot supply the vehicle build date. I will keep you all posted on the proceedings.
Gooch,

Please also let us know if the VIN # is after the TSIB cut-off.

"Since Lexus has no fix, I would think every ES is susceptible to this issue.

The question is why are some not noticing the problem? Or has the issue just not surfaced on every car yet?"

SDBrandon,

My initial thought, like Gooch, was that they are must have this problem since mine Oct. build does and the two loaners I drove do. However, others on this forum have clearly and repeatedly posted they have not noticed the flair. There is no reason to doubt their credibility, especially because they have repeatedly read about what the flair is all about. Clearly, not all 350's flair. Therefore, the question is why and your second question above is a potential answer, though perhaps not the correct one given that some have driven their cars for a long time now without the flair, I mean, the slip.
Old 03-01-07, 06:20 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1seeker1
Gooch,

Please also let us know if the VIN # is after the TSIB cut-off.

"Since Lexus has no fix, I would think every ES is susceptible to this issue.

The question is why are some not noticing the problem? Or has the issue just not surfaced on every car yet?"

SDBrandon,

My initial thought, like Gooch, was that they are must have this problem since mine Oct. build does and the two loaners I drove do. However, others on this forum have clearly and repeatedly posted they have not noticed the flair. There is no reason to doubt their credibility, especially because they have repeatedly read about what the flair is all about. Clearly, not all 350's flair. Therefore, the question is why and your second question above is a potential answer, though perhaps not the correct one given that some have driven their cars for a long time now without the flair, I mean, the slip.
Might I add, I have tried to get mine to flare many, many times. I can't get it to slip. I have watched the video that ONSKN provided us, and experienced the slip on my loaner several times. 7/06 build on mine. 5/06 build on the loaner. 9,300 miles on mine now. Now, rattles and cold engine knock...thats another story.
Old 03-27-07, 08:23 AM
gooch
Driver School Candidate

Here is what Lexus is doing for my second replacement vehicle. I told them I did not want another ES. They are replacing my car with an IS350 that lists for 1900.00 more than my ES and waving all usage charges. I am getting a front air dam and the ISP wheels at cost from the dealer. Like I said before, they work at keeping you a customer.
Old 03-27-07, 09:46 AM
ESDragon
Driver

gooch, lots of luck with the new IS. I know the IS350 is a bit small, but that thing is a beast.
Old 03-27-07, 02:32 PM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gooch
Here is what Lexus is doing for my second replacement vehicle. I told them I did not want another ES. They are replacing my car with an IS350 that lists for 1900.00 more than my ES and waving all usage charges. I am getting a front air dam and the ISP wheels at cost from the dealer. Like I said before, they work at keeping you a customer.
Gooch - I assume the dealer is doing this for you on a trade in basis? Sounds like you have one great dealer to work with. Best of luck with th IS.

Pete
Old 03-27-07, 07:12 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Had an IS250 AWD for two weeks while my transmission was being replaced. Nice car but the back seat leg room was non existent. My 24 year old daughter loved it though.
Old 03-28-07, 07:59 AM
gooch
Driver School Candidate

No trade-in. a substitute in colleratel. Same loan and everything. Just like I have been paying on my loan for six months and now i have a new car. Have driven a total of 11,000 for free basically. That's the reason I have said they are working hard at keeping me a customer. Well, they should be. Two cars, two bad trannys.
Old 03-28-07, 09:57 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gooch, congrats!!! That sounds like a great deal with no additional cost out-of-pocket, and I'm happy your dealer took care of you. That's exactly how I felt after my buyback, they did everything possible to keep me as Lexus customer!!! Damn, that IS350 is a rocket The same engine in my GS350 gets my blood pumping, and I can only imagine how fast you gonna take off in a lighter car. Have you decided on a color? When are you getting it?
Old 03-29-07, 08:51 AM
gooch
Driver School Candidate

twister,
the official offer letter will be coming from corporate the first of next week.
dont know about the color, thinking maybe black, but have not seen the glacia frost mica or the breakwater blue metallic. seem the samples, but want to know if they are more silver than blue. anyway, depending on what color i choose, should be in the car in about two weeks. just more free miles for me in on ES