ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Another "I love my ES" thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-07, 07:39 PM
RobF350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another "I love my ES" thread

drove with the radio off- can honestly say no flair no matter how hard I tried, no noise no matter how much I strained to listen for noises.

just that wind noise which im sure they will figure out pretty soon.

no rattles

did not check the carpet though- I draw the line at checking for noisy rear carpet

Everytime I get in the car I am thankfull I have a GREAT car.
Old 02-18-07, 08:08 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by RobF350
drove with the radio off- can honestly say no flair no matter how hard I tried, no noise no matter how much I strained to listen for noises.

no rattles

did not check the carpet though- I draw the line at checking for noisy rear carpet

I'm in the same boat as you. No wind noise tho. It's a great car, worth the price paid and does everything I expect of it. Haven't checked the carpet for noise either, but haven't heard anything going on back there..
Old 02-18-07, 08:14 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RobF350

no rattles

Well I’m hoping I’m going to have the same experience your having this Tuesday afternoon. The replacement ES350 UL is here just waiting on papers from Lexus. I sat in it Friday afternoon, just off the boat 01/07. Noticed some changes had been made since my 07/06 got good vibes on this one. So it’s a happy day for the both of us.
Old 02-18-07, 08:47 PM
RobF350
Driver

I got my car in June, would like to think that the newer ones have some bugs worked out that others are reporting.
Old 02-19-07, 03:34 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by osokuko
Well I’m hoping I’m going to have the same experience your having this Tuesday afternoon. The replacement ES350 UL is here just waiting on papers from Lexus. I sat in it Friday afternoon, just off the boat 01/07. Noticed some changes had been made since my 07/06 got good vibes on this one. So it’s a happy day for the both of us.

what changes are you talking about?

Did you have to pay anything extra out of pocket for the replacement?

I think wind noise is a given on the ES350 since they are all designed the same...... just that some people don't describe it as wind noise eh?
Old 02-19-07, 07:22 AM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

I do not have wind noise. I have road noise. Sounds like a combination of the tires against the pavement at high speeds and the sound of other traffic at speed. Not noticeable except above say 50 on the highway and then only with the sound system and climate off. Otherwise more like road noise. Yes, I would have preferred dead silence. We took my wife's Quest to Sacramento yesterday and the noise level doubled like it was at least 10 db louder (no I didn't have a meter so it's a subjective analysis). Damm glad to get back in the Lexus after the trip.

I have an occasional rattle here and there now but mostly quiet on the dashboard front. The transmission does not flare. It does wait to shift out of third until it gets to that certain point (pressure/temperature) when cold. And then, it doesn't lurch or flare, it just shifts.

The car is amazing. On smooth roads, without potholes, 50, 70, 90 mph all feel and sound about the same -- smooth, whether there is 4 of us in it or I am by myself. I can have a conversation without shouting so it's not that noisy. Cruising at 65 in the number 2 lane, moon roof covers open, tunes on the levinson, a bit of seat ventilation -- ahhh. It's just what I wanted and paid for.
Old 02-19-07, 07:25 AM
osokuko
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dunnojack
what changes are you talking about?

Did you have to pay anything extra out of pocket for the replacement?

I think wind noise is a given on the ES350 since they are all designed the same...... just that some people don't describe it as wind noise eh?
When I have the car i'll make more notes later on the things that have changed, mostly small items so far. No cost to me for replacement (same car, same color, same options, only the VIN changed), even the DMV is taken care of.
Old 02-19-07, 02:29 PM
Lex13
Rookie

RobF350, you stated that you got your car in June. Is it a 06/06 build or earlier? BTW, thanks for the thread from the problemless side. This reassures me that there ARE some out there. I can only hope that our new ES remains bug free.
Old 02-19-07, 02:42 PM
RobF350
Driver

I have not checked when it was built, it was at the dealership already when I went there, it was the last week of June when I got it.
Old 02-19-07, 02:49 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lex13
RobF350, you stated that you got your car in June. Is it a 06/06 build or earlier? BTW, thanks for the thread from the problemless side. This reassures me that there ARE some out there. I can only hope that our new ES remains bug free.
Lemme tell you most ES owners have similar saisfactory experiences. Mine is a 05/06 build. Such a fine car and none of the major issues. I'd say my wind noise is only evident above 50 mph as well. Everyone who has ever been in my car had the similar impression: "Wow...this is a nice car".
Old 02-19-07, 02:53 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lex13
Lex, I posted earlier on this thread, but just FYI, mine is a 4/06 build date and I've had it since mid-May '06. Zero problems/issues...
Old 02-19-07, 03:45 PM
RobF350
Driver

I am somewhere in the 7500 mile range
Old 02-19-07, 03:54 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wdlugitch
How many miles on your odometer?
I haven't looked lately, but am in the 6,800-7,000 range. With one driving vacation in that total. BTW we got around 30 mpg on the driving vacation.
Old 02-19-07, 03:56 PM
brio
Driver School Candidate

Default A lot of easy-going new ES350 owners

As someone who is very unhappy with my second ES, I find it amusing to read different people's interpretations of how their Lexus performs. "My car is very smooth on a smooth road". "The wind noise is better than my van." "If you let the car warm up, you won't hear the diesel noise." "I have a few dashboard squeaks but I'm sure they'll go away." I wish I was that easy going after shelling our $54,000 including taxes. I did own a Lexus ES300 before that was excellent and so I have a direct and meaningful comparison. This ES is noiser and not as well-built. There should be ZERO defects and ZERO problems. That's what you buy a LEXUS for. I think that there are unacceptable design problems with all of these '07's and manufacturing problems on some. I'll bet the '08's will look the same but drive better/quieter after Lexus has very quietly fixed the flaws. The trouble is I bought an '07 and did not get my monies' worth. If I put my new Lexus ES350 on a used car lt today, and someone started the car cold, they would drive 2 minutes, listen to the diesel motor, and decide not to buy a malfunctioning car. I am saying that your car has already lost value just because the engine, on cold start-up, sounds so bad. I'll bet you test drove a warm car like I did.

Last edited by brio; 02-19-07 at 04:09 PM. Reason: too long
Old 02-19-07, 04:46 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Hey!!! I thought this was an "I love my ES thread"??

Let me say again: My car is quiet, the engine is quiet (with plenty of power), it gets good gas mileage for this type of car, the seats are comfortable, I feel I got my money's worth on it, and would buy another one in an instant. With 70,000+ ES 350's sold to date, it's obvious A LOT of other people feel the same.

Quick Reply: Another "I love my ES" thread