ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Another "I love my ES" thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-07, 05:44 PM
Frozen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am saying that your car has already lost value just because the engine, on cold start-up, sounds so bad. I'll bet you test drove a warm car like I did.[/QUOTE]

You'd be wrong. I'd read this forum for a month before test driving the 350. The car was on the lot, and I made sure to take it out in the morning, first thing, unannounced. I also insisted on getting it right onto the highway and up to 70mph to test for wind noise. I stopped at a light and turned the wipers on high (this really confused the sales guy), I punched it. I stood on 'em.

No noise other some wind-shear noise at the moonroof, and otherwise no problems. We live in Alaska, and ALL start ups are cold ones. After the first 3,000mi, no problems. The car is the best we have ever owned or driven.
Old 02-19-07, 07:46 PM
brio
Driver School Candidate

Default I'm still not convinced we all have the same standards

I have driven three loaners ES350's and all were defective to a greater or lesser degree. Even my service manager has admitted to the problems I have and says they are widespread but most people don't complain. I'm happy that you are satisfied with your ES. If they can make one like yours, which seems very satisfactory, why can't they make mine run like yours. I don't have the time to make a recording of my car on cold start-up, but even my wife who is not fussy, says that it sounds like we should be driving it to the dump. I don't think you have heard a defective one or you would agree that no one would buy my car used after hearing the motor start-up. Thanks for your feedback.

Originally Posted by Frozen
I am saying that your car has already lost value just because the engine, on cold start-up, sounds so bad. I'll bet you test drove a warm car like I did.
You'd be wrong. I'd read this forum for a month before test driving the 350. The car was on the lot, and I made sure to take it out in the morning, first thing, unannounced. I also insisted on getting it right onto the highway and up to 70mph to test for wind noise. I stopped at a light and turned the wipers on high (this really confused the sales guy), I punched it. I stood on 'em.

No noise other some wind-shear noise at the moonroof, and otherwise no problems. We live in Alaska, and ALL start ups are cold ones. After the first 3,000mi, no problems. The car is the best we have ever owned or driven.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-19-07, 09:33 PM
LexFather

Guys this is a I love my ES thread. There are plentiful threads about problems.

Please respect the O.P and post your postive experiences. If you do not, please find another thread to post your issues.

Thanks.
Old 02-20-07, 04:21 AM
RobF350
Driver

jesus christ- I also had a ES300, I also own 8 other cars, I think I know the difference between a noisy car and a quiet car.

I think I have heard my car cold considering its not garaged and it has not gotten out of the 20s all month.

I have driven it and NOT heard rattles
I have driven long enough to know there is no problem with the transmission.
I test drove my car- twice, test drove a dealer demo first.

I have all my toes and fingers, my eye sight is perfect, and I have perfect hearing, I dont drink, smoke, or do drugs- anything else I left out that would cloud my judgement?

BTW- close that sunroof panel and the noise from the roof goes away- every sunroof car I have ever had was like that.
Old 02-20-07, 05:40 AM
static
Driver

I don't know about love, but I really really like mine.

nuff said?
Old 02-20-07, 06:24 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

"I'm still not convinced we all have the same standards"

Brio, it's too bad I'm not blessed with the same lofty standards as you, but believe it, there are satisfied owners of ES 350's out here. It's too bad you hate the car, and it sounds like you're never to going to like much of anything about it. Sell it or trade it and get into something else. Life is too short to feel that miserable about a car. No one held a gun to your head to buy it. If you feel you made mistake, try to fix it and chalk it up to experience.
Old 02-20-07, 07:46 AM
RobF350
Driver

I think you would be hard pressed to find someone pickier then me, I am bit OCD as well.

I make my living with my hands doing restoration, warranty, and repair work, I notice EVERYTHING.
Old 02-20-07, 02:05 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RobF350
I think I have heard my car cold considering its not garaged and it has not gotten out of the 20s all month.

I have all my toes and fingers, my eye sight is perfect, and I have perfect hearing, I dont drink, smoke, or do drugs- anything else I left out that would cloud my judgement?
When the temp gets so cold, don't you go into hypothermic psychosis where your mind begins to deteriorate? Im just kidding. hahah... if this car starts well in sub-freezing temp, that something to be noted.
Old 02-20-07, 09:02 PM
LexFather

Ladies and Gentleman, I ask one more time to reply to the OP if you love/like/happy with your ES.

If you are NOT, please post in another thread with complaints. This will not be asked again.
Old 02-21-07, 04:11 AM
RobF350
Driver

someone else did not love my ES as much, wife came home with a nice dent in the door from a SUV back door or a shopping cart, its way up on the door almost at door handle height.
No body side moldings would have helped this dent

PDR guy thinks it can be popped out, hopefully will know today and get the car back to normal again.

At least it runs great!
Old 02-21-07, 06:56 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Bummer! Maybe at least this will get that inevitable first ding out of the way. We had a shopping cart blow into the side of our last car while we were in it! We had the dent popped out and it was barely noticable. The car was white.
Old 02-21-07, 07:22 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After owning my ES350 for about 10 months I have to say that I still get the greatest feeling everytime I get into it, whether taking a local drive or a road trip. The temperature in my area dropped down to 13 degrees recently, and when I got into the car and pressed the start button, it started immediately. No strange engine noises, no transmission flare.....just pure bliss!
This is my fourth ES, and so far it's the bestest.
Old 02-21-07, 05:12 PM
RobF350
Driver

the dent is out, guy did a super job on it, better then I could even imagine.

I got the first dent 2 weeks after getting the car, a dent the size of a pea on one of the wheel wells. Now with this one I got both removed.

A good paintless dent guy is gifted.

I gave the car to one of my customers who owns a good body shop to fix it, he drove it into work with him- he said "thats one of the best cars I have driven in a while, it rides better then a benz or a BMW, has alot of power, and is very quiet, even my brother was impressed" ( him and his brother drive into the shop together in the morning )

I had a little joy for a minute there
Old 02-21-07, 05:58 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RobF350
the dent is out, guy did a super job on it, better then I could even imagine.

I got the first dent 2 weeks after getting the car, a dent the size of a pea on one of the wheel wells. Now with this one I got both removed.

A good paintless dent guy is gifted.

I gave the car to one of my customers who owns a good body shop to fix it, he drove it into work with him- he said "thats one of the best cars I have driven in a while, it rides better then a benz or a BMW, has alot of power, and is very quiet, even my brother was impressed" ( him and his brother drive into the shop together in the morning )

I had a little joy for a minute there
Glad to hear the paintless dent removal worked. Any insurance coverage? As I recall the cost of the dent removal on our previous car didn't meet our deductable. Which was fine because it didn't cost that much for the good results we got.
Old 02-22-07, 09:37 AM
RKF350
Intermediate

Received 122 Likes on 64 Posts

I've owned my ES350 for about 6 months (6,000 miles) and everytime I get in and drive off I am reminded of why I bought the car. It is our first Lexus and my wife and I are extremely happy with it. We've had none of the problems that I've been reading in the forum. We've only owned two non-toyota cars in the past years, the last being a 2003 Acura TL which was horrible (transmission recall, suspension problems, and trim popping off) and we traded it for our 2006 Solara.

Quick Reply: Another "I love my ES" thread