ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350
View Poll Results: What was the result after your transmission replacement?
Success: transmission is working perfectly!
14.29%
Failure: transmission still skips\flares\slips.
85.71%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Transmission Replacement Success\Failure Poll - Dec 2006+

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-07, 11:38 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by meadoel
Well, the car was advertised as a demo, so I don't know how to tell for sure.
I have driven their service loaners and they made MUCH worse squeaking than mine... I complain every time I get one.

I would bet it wasn't a service loaner because none of the ones I've seen (ES, IS, or RX) have Nav in them, and mine did.
Hmm, sorry to hear of your troubles. I just had my second ES350 rental and it was a very nice ride for the day. No rattles, no excessive wind noise ,and certainly no trans issues. About 150 miles only though on it. The first rental was around 300 miles. So far my impression of the ES350 is very positive, though the many post here tell a different story for sure. of course I drove a total of only 450 miles.
Old 05-16-07, 12:50 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Hmm, sorry to hear of your troubles. I just had my second ES350 rental and it was a very nice ride for the day. No rattles, no excessive wind noise ,and certainly no trans issues. About 150 miles only though on it. The first rental was around 300 miles. So far my impression of the ES350 is very positive, though the many post here tell a different story for sure. of course I drove a total of only 450 miles.

you can say the exact same thing about a hyundai or kia with that many miles on the odo.
Old 05-16-07, 01:00 AM
mattvds
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
you can say the exact same thing about a hyundai or kia with that many miles on the odo.
I have heard that Lexus has slowly been improving the wind-noise. So maybe they have finally got it fixed, I noticed the wind-noise in my 04/2006 build right away. But rattles take time to appear.

As far as the transmission goes, no-one knows anything really. Maybe they fixed it, or maybe you didn't put enough miles on it to notice. Unfortunetly most of these problems are noticable right away, so your car is fine when you test drive it, but later find out that it is one of those affected by a slipping trasnmission