ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Man, I'm tired of worrying that the wheels are going to fall off my car!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-06, 06:45 PM
Gumball
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twister
You got those mixed up, and need to straighten your priorities
I am sorry about your misfortune with Lexus. You were delt a few cards from the bottom of the deck, so did I durning my life. Twister I am over 70 years old and advise you to get your priorities straight. I think your attitude sucks.
Old 11-18-06, 06:59 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Gumball
I am sorry about your misfortune with Lexus. You were delt a few cards from the bottom of the deck, so did I durning my life. Twister I am over 70 years old and advise you to get your priorities straight. I think your attitude sucks.
Gumball -- he was joking. That's why he used the smiley face.
Old 11-18-06, 07:05 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
E-man owns a GS and yet he hopped on here to help us all with wind noise issues, other, now whether he also does backflips his own car has none of this I don't know..LOL
Bob and others -- my car does have some annoying issues. All cars do. I had wind noise issues and, thanks to my fellow 2GS owners, solved it with a few $2 undercarriage plugs. I've had tires blow, windshields crack and strange creases appear on my car, all within the last 6 months. Everyone over there knows about it and helped me through to solve the problems. At the same time, though, I'm the first one to post pictures of my car simply because it's a nice day and I just washed her. We're a pretty collegial group over there. When you have a chance, jump over and hang out for a while. I believe it is the most visited subforum on CL.

e
Old 11-18-06, 07:30 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gumball
Just like e-man said, my comment had a smiley face. So, grandpa Gumball, I would suggest you taking your own advice and "lighten up " I'm also happy to know that your wife wasn't a part of those "bottom cards from the deck during your life" This is another smiley face, to show that I mean no harm and just joking around to lighten everybody up!!!
Old 11-18-06, 07:56 PM
Gumball
Driver School Candidate

Putting everything into perspective, I am sorry I got upset with twister but me and the misses have been married for 48 years have gone through breast cancer, got 5 great grandkids and 2 great kids even though my son just bought a beamer which makes me puke.

I did get a 350 that works so far for which I apologize to some of the posters here but that's a minor part of my life. My advice to all of you guys is not to waste too much of your time and energy on the 350 problems. I am sure Lexus will have some solutions. Enjoy the thread. Man I didn't think I was going to cause such a fuss by saying some nice things about my 350. Chicago expressions:- it just goes to show ya, and go Bears!
Old 11-18-06, 08:01 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Daaaah Bears.
Old 11-18-06, 08:14 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Neah, go Chicago Fire!!! Haven't followed them in awhile, but back in the days that was hell of a Polish soccer team!!!
Old 11-19-06, 06:45 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by e-man
Bob and others -- When you have a chance, jump over and hang out for a while. I believe it is the most visited subforum on CL.

e
Thanks for the invite, I have checked it out a time or two and since reading above posted a possible solution for 2th to look into over his light rotation curiosity.
Old 11-19-06, 12:56 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

I'm feeling a little lazy this morning so I didn't read all of the posts in this thread but I would like to make a comment based on the few posts that I have read. If you think about the # of ES350s sold since it's intro, this forum only represents a very very small % of that number. Most people that bought the ES350 probably don't even know that this forum or others like it exist. It takes some real nutcases such as ourselves to join an online community just to discuss the car that sits in their garage. For me cars are fun. I buy, drive, look at, and maintain my cars because I have always loved cars.

That being said, nobody wants to have problems. Nobody wishes problems on others. People who are members of this forum are probably here because they love cars like me and join forums for the sole purpose of discussing cars. Some join to acquire pre-purchase information, read owner opinions or read about potential issues. Lastly, and most importantly, a lot of people join these forums to discuss problems with their cars or seek information/assistance to help them resolve their problems. It's the nature of these forums to see a lot of posts pertaining to problems and complaints. How many people actually join an automotive forum to repeatedly post about how trouble free their car is? I don't know how many ES350s have been sold but let's say that it's around 50,000. I see maybe 100-200 active posters on the ES350 forum? If you count the number of people that have posted 20-30+ posts in the ES350 forum alone, that drops to 40-50? I don't know the real stats but even those numbers seem to be on the high side.

Personally, I have 2 issues with my ES350. A little wind noise and a driver's door that's about 1/8" out of alignment. Not a big deal at all and nothing that I am going to cry about if it doesn't get resolved. I haven't even made a service appointment to deal with the issues. Heck, the two issues might even be related. Other than that the ES is a very very good car. It's probably the best value out there and as far as quality, it's leaps and bounds better than most of the cars out there.

The original poster seems to have a perfect car. He is a very lucky man! Maybe he's not even lucky, it might be the norm to get a perfect car. I bet most of the ES350s being produced are perfect BUT there are some imperfect cars out there. The interesting thing to note is that all of the "imperfect" cars have similar issues. Issues being discussed on this forum in great detail.

To the original poster, congratulations on your perfect car! I sincerely wish you endless miles of perfect car bliss and true enjoyment from your purchase. I only ask, please don't make light of other people's problems.

Last edited by 2thfixr; 11-19-06 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-19-06, 04:59 PM
e-man
Pole Position

2th -- well said.

e