ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-06, 02:01 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spoiler

i was opening the trunk today an noticed a little spoiler on the trunk lid. I'm thinking, wait, i dont recall seeing a spoiler on the ES350 before... Then i went around looking for spoiler on other ES350s, and none of them have it except 1 other SGM in my neighborhood. Then i was thinking, wait I'm probably paying for this darn thing. Sure enuff...$299 on the sticker. WTF??? for a piece of plastic bar???? Looks sleek tho, but still damn!
Old 07-25-06, 03:09 PM
Har
Driver School Candidate

I am sure will will be paid back many times by better performance and gas mileage...but most importantly will look real sharp cruising around.

Seriously, is this spoiler just for looks on the ES350? Does anybody out there know?
Old 07-25-06, 04:21 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Performance? Gas mileage? LOL!!! Go to THIS thread to see the picture of ES350 spoiler lip.

Hey bizarro-bro, can you please post a picture of your lip spoiler? I was not crazy about it on Tungsten Pearl, but would like to see on a darker color. Also, was it really that small that you didn't notice when picked up your car?
Old 07-25-06, 10:12 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

hey bizzaro-bro, it looked so small i honestly didnt see it for a coupla days. Thought it was part of the trunk lid...but under the sun it was pretty clear. Here is a pic:
Attached Thumbnails spoiler-dsc05392-small-.jpg  
Old 07-25-06, 10:36 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

That's funny You purchased an ES350 and didn't know it had a spoiler on the back!
Old 07-25-06, 11:12 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

doesn't look half bad. Spoilers on past ES were out of place, this lip spoiler matches better than the wing spoilers.
Old 07-25-06, 11:26 PM
ES350LUV
Driver School Candidate

Wow...its really nice...its very fitting and it makes the car look so sporty. I havent seen any ES with one so far.
Old 07-26-06, 12:12 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

For $300 it should come with neon signs and stealth capabilities! dang what markup! I was thinking, "something about the butt of this car looks kinda cool.,...but what is it???" I was showing my secretary today the KITT Knight Rider function of the ES350: (Hold down the unlock button of the remote from 10 feet away). All the windows open and the front half of the glass roof slides back. She was like "wow I gotta tell Kanye about this" (she buddies with Kanye West).
Old 07-26-06, 03:23 AM
cleblanc
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kaius88
For $300 it should come with neon signs and stealth capabilities! dang what markup! I was thinking, "something about the butt of this car looks kinda cool.,...but what is it???"
I wouldn't worry about the $300. You got such a great deal on this car that you probably only paid invoice price for it (maybe $175). And you have something on your car that nobody else has. I've been thinking of adding a spoiler to my car too. Looks great!
Old 07-26-06, 04:20 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kaius88
i was opening the trunk today an noticed a little spoiler on the trunk lid. I'm thinking, wait, i dont recall seeing a spoiler on the ES350 before... Then i went around looking for spoiler on other ES350s, and none of them have it except 1 other SGM in my neighborhood. Then i was thinking, wait I'm probably paying for this darn thing. Sure enuff...$299 on the sticker. WTF??? for a piece of plastic bar???? Looks sleek tho, but still damn!
Kaius, your threads are always the first I read! NEVER know what to expect next from you!! Didn't notice the spoiler until now? LMFAO!!
Old 07-26-06, 05:52 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

Kaius- you better double check that sticker and make sure they didn't stick you with the "rust-proofing" too! You must have been so mezmorized with the car at the dealer that you didn't even notice what the car had.... that's funny.
Old 07-26-06, 07:55 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

I'm still sticking with my original opinion, lip spoiler on ES350 looks good only on dark colors. With black/onyx_blue/granite - it blends in nicely with a trunk. On lighter colors, like Tungsten Pearl that I have, its not. Again, just my personal opinion. When I got my car, I didn't request a spoiler because it would require drilling of a trunk for a permanent attachment. You will not be able to change your mind afterwards with holes in your trunk I really hope some after market company will introduce an alternative lip spoiler. I think with ES350 raised trunk profile, a regular spoiler will not look good.
Old 07-26-06, 10:31 AM
crkstr
Driver School Candidate

Well I have the 350 with crystal white and the spoiler and I think it looks great. I would have prefered the wing spoiler I had on my 2005 ES 330, but they aren't available.
Old 07-26-06, 11:07 AM
richbutler
Rookie

i have the tungsten pearl with the spoiler. i really like the look. i'll post some pics when my car comes back from the shop in a week or so.
Old 07-26-06, 12:24 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, can you please post your pics with Tungsten and with White?

My judgement of Tungsten Pearl spoiler was based on this picture previously posted here in the forum.

Maybe it just zoomed in too much? Either way, if you like your lip spoiler, please don't take my comments close to your heart. Everybody have a different taste and vision of their car. I personally prefer a sportier look of a "silver bullet", and that was my reasoning for getting a Tungsten Pearl with a black interior (and of course because I'm not very consistent with taking care of dark exterior ). And, maybe a cool wing spoiler will look great with this car. I want to leave my options open to choose later which spoiler I prefer, because if you go with a factory spoiler from the start and change your mind later, you going to end up with holes in your trunk

Quick Reply: spoiler