Summer Tires as OEM?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-06, 10:45 AM
richbutler
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Summer Tires as OEM?

Hi All,

I just bought my ES350 in California about 2 weeks ago. When I configured my Ultra on the lexus.com site, it was supposed to come with summer tires. I just noticed that my car has the all seasons M+S tires (Michelin Energy) instead of the summer tires.

Did any of you have summer tires as your OEM tires? If so, which model and brand?

As a separate question, what kind of mileage (durability) should I expect out of summer tires if I get a set? Do people only get 20,000 miles out of them?

Thanks,
Rich
Old 06-01-06, 11:00 AM
Ingram4868
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife has the Toyo tires on her ES350.
Old 06-07-06, 05:52 PM
richbutler
Rookie

Default Error on the lexus website

I called customer care about an error on the lexus.com website. Apparently, when I option up any ES350 with any of the available packages, the car is supposed to come with summer rated tires. Unfortunately, none of the ES350s shipped to my region are coming with summer rated tires. When I pointed this out to the cusomer care representative, she told me the legal disclaimers on the lexus.com website allow Lexus to change ANY car feature at ANY time for ANY reason. So even though my car is supposed to be optioned with summer rated tires as part of the Ultra Package on the lexus.com website and my car does NOT have summer rated tires, their website is accurate due to their disclaimers buried on their website. I was shocked.

I understand that legally, I probably have no recourse against Lexus. I just figured that they would be happy to delete the summer rated tire as being included with the Ultra Package on their website so that future customers will get an accurate description....I guess that's too much to ask. I told the customer care rep. that for customer goodwill, they should make their site as accurate as possible even though they bury these disclaimers of being able to make any change at any time. The rep. curtly responded that their website is accurate and that I already got what I paid for.

I was just hoping for more honesty and integrity from Lexus corporate. I guess not! It's funny that car manufacturers want loyalty but don't really show much good faith in dealing with their customers.

OK...I'm done venting....I still like my car... However, when it is time for my next purchase, I won't automatically follow up with another Lexus.

Last edited by richbutler; 06-07-06 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-07-06, 09:13 PM
kreativ
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also interested in what summer tires are coming on the ES350.
For the previous-gen ES, they were the Toyo Proxes J33 (200 treadwear) and the Bridgestone Turanza ER33 (140 treadwear).
Old 06-08-06, 05:37 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

michelin energys blow later on, get really noisy, bouncy, and lose traction, bros TSX and moms avalon had them got non OEM tires that were less expensive and outperform it

Yea 22k miles is about right, more on the low side, my mom got more around 28k. She has goodyear assurance triple treds now those have super depth tread, should last 60k easily. Traction ride comfort and noise is much better than energy. For summer tires youll probably get less probably not that much less. I think the 20k thing is just to deter some people so theres no surprises. I have 18" tires on my prelude and they will easily last 20k

The Customer rep just didnt know how to respond, most people wouldnt pay attention to what tires they get (unfortunate) probably didnt know how to answer it. Should just calmy explain it to a manager should be able to do a lot more for you than some customer rep. Does it indicate anything on the sticker?

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 06-08-06 at 05:45 AM.
Old 06-08-06, 09:01 AM
richbutler
Rookie

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
The Customer rep just didnt know how to respond, most people wouldnt pay attention to what tires they get (unfortunate) probably didnt know how to answer it. Should just calmy explain it to a manager should be able to do a lot more for you than some customer rep. Does it indicate anything on the sticker?
I spoke the Customer Rep and his Supervisor. I got the same BS story. The sticker didn't indicate this optional equipment of the summer rated tires....but the sticker also doesn't indicate the semi-analine leather option of the Ultra Package either. When I brought this up to the Supervisor, she just kept repeating that I already got what I paid for and that the lexus.com website allows them to change ANY feature at ANY time.