ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Old 08-09-06, 09:39 AM
cocopops
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are 2 side to this.

1. means I chose the right color
2. there are too many cars of the same color, which make u feel that its too common
Old 08-10-06, 08:14 AM
dagatone
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CaBlonde
Welcome to the Lexus Family Mike. Wow, what's with this baby boom of all these SGMs lately? I am starting to feel like a minority. Uh oh, I feel a poll coming on.
Better start the poll. We picked our new baby on Tuesday. SGM / Black UL. Absolutely love it! Just trying to figure out how to set up the second cell phone. Any ideas?

Dave
Old 08-10-06, 10:29 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Thaishark
Twister - did you get your car at Catena? I was looking there but they told me flat out they would only give me rock bottome wholesale for my trade no matter what shape it was in so i crossed them off my list.
Yes, I got it from Catena. They were upfront and honest with me about the trade in as well. I don't know your trade in car, but mine was '98 Altima SE. Its understandable that unless its a 3-5 year old Lexus, they will have to dump it at a local car auction. But, my sales guy actually referenced me to the top auto detailing place with 50% discount, so my old '98 looked like brand new and I actually sold it in newspaper at Blue Book value @ perfect condition. My overall experience with them was excellent, and if you are still looking for ES, I can give you my sales guy contact. I actually live by their second Freehold location, but ended up buying over at Oakhurst because of the better attention I got in there...
Old 08-10-06, 10:42 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cocopops
2. there are too many cars of the same color, which make u feel that its too common
In my area where I live, a new ES350 is extremely rare (and I'm enjoying it very much!!!!), and we got TONS of ES300/330 (white, black, and almond). When you get closer to the shore, you see a few more ES350s but most of them are either White, SGM, or Ruby. Mine is Tungsten Pearl w/black interior, and I haven't seen at least one yet around me. I remember in this forum someone mentioned that Silver will be the most common color. I think a lot of people had this mentality for the last 4-5 years, because looking around I don't see too many new silver colored cars at all, so many dark colors that sometimes blend together.

Of course, I didn't get my color to stand out from the crowd. I was just tired of my previous black color which I could never keep up with cleaning, and wanted to change to a "silver bullet"
Old 08-10-06, 05:24 PM
Thaishark
Driver School Candidate

Default My "Non buying" Lexus experience

or how i got shafted by my dealer...

The Dealer is THOMPSON LEXUS of DOYLESTOWN PA.
I strongly urge anyone considering a lexus to stay away from this dealer or watch your deal VERY carefully.

After ordering a UL Es350 back at the end of June I left a $1,000 deposit with the dealer, negotiations continued on the price until finally we agreed on 31,000 out the door ( tax tags , etc ) including my trade. but NOT including my deposit. I was very clear about this with the salesman who actually left the dealership while i was waiting for my car to arrive.
When the car came in another salesperson called me to let me know the car had arrived, and at that time i tried to confirm the price at which time they tried to tell me they might not be able to give me the agreed upon price for my trade, a price which they guaranteed they would honor at the time of the trade ( thye said they would honor the price for 60 days ) since they knew it would take a while to get the car.
After some heated phone calls they called me back to say they would honor the price and i could pick up the car last night. I call ed the salesman back to reverify that the deposit was not applied to the price i had negotiated with the previous salesman. She assured me it was not.
so I went last night to get the car and when they showed me the paperwork to sign, my deposit had been magically applied and leaving a balance of $31,000.
I hit the roof with the salesperson to the point she went to get the sales manager who proceeded to give me every excuse he could think of ( my car was worth less, he was taking a loss on the deal, what a joke that 1 was ) and that the deposit had ALWAYS been part of the deal.

then he finally offered to drop the price $500.00 as if he was doing me a favor. I though about then decided i had enough and walked away from the deal angry as hell.
Needless to say i wont deal with this dealer ever again and i recommend no one else does either. They have soured me on Lexus to the point i wont buy one now.
I know thats extreme but it just isnt worth it to me.

Best of luck everyone and i hope you ever have an experience like this one.

It's back to Acura for me. A dealer and service i can trust.
Old 08-10-06, 10:57 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

Hmmm, I think you mean 41000 OTD?? If you got 31000 OTD, you scored a mjor deal.
Old 08-11-06, 03:30 AM
dagatone
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cocopops
Hmmm, I think you mean 41000 OTD?? If you got 31000 OTD, you scored a mjor deal.
That was with his trade.
Old 08-15-06, 04:36 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dagatone
That was with his trade.
Yes, I would like to know what the trade was and what they offered for it.
Old 08-17-06, 10:00 AM
Donnie61
Driver School Candidate

Talking Mama's Baby

New Car for the wife. She loooovvvveess it.
2007 ES 350

Black Onyx/Cashmere

Premium Package
Heated/Cooled Seats
HID lights with AFS
Wood / Leather option
Bluetooth
Preferred Accessory Pack
E-Sport Allow Wheels
All weather mats
Old 08-17-06, 11:45 AM
wireguy1
Driver School Candidate

Wink Ruby Red with grey interior

We purchased a Ruby Red with the grey interior. We have the premium plus with the Nav. The car came with a rear lip spoiler. We added the E-17 sport wheels.

The following link will show you pictures of our new car.

http://www.carspace.com/wireguy1

We are still learning the Nav system. It probably does more than we will ever use. We like the back up camera. That should be on every car.... Still need to hook up the blue tooth cell phone.

So far we are very pleased with the ride, the look and the luxury of driving a lexus. This is my wife's car and she was driving a Chrysler 300M. This is a very nice upgrade to say the least.

MSC
Old 08-19-06, 03:59 PM
Rudybobbo
Driver School Candidate

I picked up my 2007 crystal white ES350 on July 19. The interior is cashmere. I love it so much. I got the xm radio in it.I chose not to get the navigation.I probably would not use it much.I did get the venture shield, because I do lots of highway driving.So far I have gotten 27.5 mpg.I traded my 2005 Accord Ex for the Es 350. The Accord was too plain and boring.
Old 08-19-06, 06:51 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

Welcome to the party, rudy, donnie and wireguy. Our family is growing strong, baby
Old 08-20-06, 06:16 PM
rboyle23
Rookie

Finally got mine on 8/16. Ended up with Blue Onyx/Cashmere UL w/PA,XM.......LOVE IT
Old 08-20-06, 08:45 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rboyle23
Finally got mine on 8/16. Ended up with Blue Onyx/Cashmere UL w/PA,XM.......LOVE IT
What is PA?
Old 08-20-06, 09:17 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PA = Parking Assist

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE