ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-06, 10:03 AM
Gumball
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do have the winter mats. You're right, things are going to get messy around here. My son lives in Denver and they are getting wailed on - we get it tomorrow. I put some 'Press n Seal' on the door ledges. The stuff is great to protect the area from slush etc. but you have to apply it when the surface is warm.
Old 11-30-06, 10:03 AM
foxylexy
Driver School Candidate

Got her as a gift last month.
Starfire/Cashmere
Premium Plus and lots of extras.
Needed an upgrade from my 2003 Camry XLE and my new Lexi fits the bill perfectly.
Old 12-01-06, 08:34 PM
Sickwitit
Driver School Candidate

Hello to all I got mines about two weeks ago Royal Ruby UL ML with the wing and 35% tint and the extra wood package which in my honest opinion give the inside of this car what it's missing live.
Ps.I'll post pic's next week.
Regards Rob
Old 12-01-06, 09:02 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sickwitit
Hello to all I got mines about two weeks ago Royal Ruby UL ML with the wing and 35% tint and the extra wood package which in my honest opinion give the inside of this car what it's missing live.
Ps.I'll post pic's next week.
Regards Rob
Is there pics anywhere of the extra wood package? I haven't seen anything on this other than another post mentioning it. Pics please!!!
Old 12-01-06, 09:15 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Its probably a stick-on kit which I have seen on-line, like in here http://www.exoticwooddash.com/dash_products.aspx. Curious to see pictures on ES350 myself.
Old 12-03-06, 03:27 PM
hfrozen
Driver School Candidate

have same car real nice
would like to know what kind of tint and the product used for the wet look
thanks
Old 12-03-06, 08:55 PM
Sickwitit
Driver School Candidate

Default Pic's of car

Sorry about the delay I've had several Business trips, in any event I took several pictures before I realized my camera's battery was dying and I left my charger back at the hotel (Damn), so I had to take these shots without time to setup the camera including the date stamp, size and exposure, I'll take better pic's when I get the car back and find some time.
Regards Rob.

Last edited by Sickwitit; 12-03-06 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-03-06, 09:21 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Very nice!!!!! Exterior/interior makes me miss my car a little bit I still think out of IS/ES/GS/LS, ES looks the best. Spoiler fits this color perfectly, and 35% all-around tint is great (exactly what I had). Have you had any problems driving around Jersey with a front tint? I always felt uneasy at the end of the month going through police traps and ended up rolling down front windows. Now, I'm actually debating if I should tint my new GS. Your car looks great, enjoy it and I truly wish you a trouble-free experience!!!

Now, about extra "wood" kit... Well, everybody have their own personal opinion, and I will keep mine to myself
Old 12-04-06, 03:09 AM
Sickwitit
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by twister
Very nice!!!!! Exterior/interior makes me miss my car a little bit I still think out of IS/ES/GS/LS, ES looks the best. Spoiler fits this color perfectly, and 35% all-around tint is great (exactly what I had). Have you had any problems driving around Jersey with a front tint? I always felt uneasy at the end of the month going through police traps and ended up rolling down front windows. Now, I'm actually debating if I should tint my new GS. Your car looks great, enjoy it and I truly wish you a trouble-free experience!!!

Now, about extra "wood" kit... Well, everybody have their own personal opinion, and I will keep mine to myself
Thanks,
I don't have tint on my front window unless your referring to the front side driver and passenger windows if that be case I have'nt had a problem as of yet and when and if I do i'll pull the card out of my wallet (Get out jail free card ).
Thanks again for your kind words and I'll keep my fingers crossed, so far so good a few small problems not withstanding the car performs and or operates as it should.

Now about your opinions in regards to the extra wood your right everyone has an opinion your's counts as much as anyones and I for one repect that fact always (Post away I'm not sensative), although I was'nt posting for opinion's negative and or positive but purely from a requested point of view to the forum at hand, many people on the this forums wanted to see what it would look like and maybe it's not for everyone but now they have an ideal what it will look like in order to gauge from, but the images posted doe's it no justice (You'll need to see it live to really appreciate the impact it has on the interior in order to form a true opinion) the quality of the wood believe it or not is of the same quality as the Oem wood and match's perfectly and for me this what I needed to feel good about my vehical on the inside, this is a forum to which is meant for sharing ideals,opinions,thoughts,warnings,and various other forms of information, believe me I would not have taking it personal if your comment's were of a negative nature but I do appreciate your thougthfulness and consideration of others and their choices.
Thank's again and goodluck with your new venture whatever that maybe.
Regards Rob
Old 12-04-06, 10:15 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, I was refering to a driver/passenger front side windows. A lot of people in NJ leave them clear which makes car look like a limo. It woks OK with coupes or SUVs, but not in a 4 door sedan especially when its a luxury vehicle

Regarding extra wood kit, well here is how I look at it. I also had black interior in my ES and now in my GS. I choose Silver/Black because of a sporty look (german spartan style, anyone? LOL!!!). Too me, adding extra wood on a black interior is too much and takes away from that sporty feeling. Its true how amazingly close it matches the oem wood/plastic finish, and it also fits well with Ruby exterior of your car. Just IMHO extra wood works better with a light interior where it adds to the luxury and blends in better versus black interior where it takes away from sporty look and creates too much contrast. But at the end of the day, you are the driver and that what makes you happy and pleases your eyesight. Also, I believe this is not permanent, so you can always change your mind down the road and take it out.
Old 12-04-06, 06:13 PM
Sickwitit
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I was refering to a driver/passenger front side windows. A lot of people in NJ leave them clear which makes car look like a limo. It woks OK with coupes or SUVs, but not in a 4 door sedan especially when its a luxury vehicle

Regarding extra wood kit, well here is how I look at it. I also had black interior in my ES and now in my GS. I choose Silver/Black because of a sporty look (german spartan style, anyone? LOL!!!). Too me, adding extra wood on a black interior is too much and takes away from that sporty feeling. Its true how amazingly close it matches the oem wood/plastic finish, and it also fits well with Ruby exterior of your car. Just IMHO extra wood works better with a light interior where it adds to the luxury and blends in better versus black interior where it takes away from sporty look and creates too much contrast. But at the end of the day, you are the driver and that what makes you happy and pleases your eyesight. Also, I believe this is not permanent, so you can always change your mind down the road and take it out.
Yeah you are so right about the rear tint and how it look's I would go without tint before I'd only tint the rear windows but to each there own

In regards to your statements and or reasoning about the choice of wood color and the addition of extra wood is exactly why I like the dark interior, I did'nt buy a sports car more or less an entry level luxury vehical so the dark interior work well with the red'ish color wood, the lack of wood made the interior look simple and dated to me so yeah I provided some contrast which is subjective to one's personal taste or needs, but thanks again for your opinion's and your right when stating what make you happy and pleases your eyesight, this is why their's so many options available to all of us what suits one for what ever reasons they present want suit another for the reasons they'll present.
Goodluck with your Gs I thought about the Gs for about two seconds but three sport cars in one family is more than enough fun, it's been enjoyable sharing opinions with you if your ever in North Edison please let me know maybe a face to wood meeting will change your perpective and opinions.
Regards Rob Franklin
Old 12-05-06, 06:37 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Rob, I forgot to add one more thing regarding the tint. You will not be able to pass NJ State inspection with a front tinted windows. Nothing to worry about right now since you get 4 years before that's due. But, in 2010 you will have to find a private inspection spot for that
Old 12-05-06, 05:18 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

A little extra wood isn't necessarily a bad thing...but personally I'm not too big a fan of the aftermarket wood overlay kit like the one in Sickwitit's car (you can see the thickness of the overlay by looking at the buttons...makes the overall appearance of the console w/ wood overlay look a bit tacky)...especially in a (semi)-luxury sedan like the Lexus ES. However, I will say that the overlay of the door handles and the glove box door looks nice--gives the interior a bit more of a warm feeling with the extra wood, but the addition of the overlay on the center console sorta makes the overall interior feel a bit overwhelming. Personally, I would have not done the overlay on the center console, given that you can see how obvious it is that it's an overlay that doesn't "flow" with the factory wood install...otherwise it'd be perfect.
Old 12-05-06, 07:47 PM
Sickwitit
Driver School Candidate

Rob, I forgot to add one more thing regarding the tint. You will not be able to pass NJ State inspection with a front tinted windows. Nothing to worry about right now since you get 4 years before that's due. But, in 2010 you will have to find a private inspection spot for that
Twister,
That want be a problem I've been dealing with the same tinter for several years, My Team/Club have contracts with several vendors and sponsors in the NJ, NY, Phil, area's, my tinter being one of them has agree'd to remove and retint the front's when an inspection is needed.
But thank's for your concern.
Old 12-05-06, 09:14 PM
Sickwitit
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by toneman
A little extra wood isn't necessarily a bad thing...but personally I'm not too big a fan of the aftermarket wood overlay kit like the one in Sickwitit's car (you can see the thickness of the overlay by looking at the buttons...makes the overall appearance of the console w/ wood overlay look a bit tacky)...especially in a (semi)-luxury sedan like the Lexus ES. However, I will say that the overlay of the door handles and the glove box door looks nice--gives the interior a bit more of a warm feeling with the extra wood, but the addition of the overlay on the center console sorta makes the overall interior feel a bit overwhelming. Personally, I would have not done the overlay on the center console, given that you can see how obvious it is that it's an overlay that doesn't "flow" with the factory wood install...otherwise it'd be perfect.
Thanks for your comment's and or your opinions but I'm a little confused by some of your statements, you started off with your opinions then in the same breath you quickly started speaking as a matter of fact and that's based on your perspective or interpretation of the image's presented to this thread, if you don't mind I'd like to examine your statements a little closer, and again opinions are always welcome for discussion but as I think about it opinions are subjective (So to each there own) and that's a matter of fact, but I'll leave you with these fact's the center console wood overlay because it is real wood is a little thick (I agree) (Not tacky), solution remove the affected area's and file them down and re-apply this being done as we speak, the wood overlay applied to the center console feel's a bit overwhelming (Subjective), my opinion differ's from your's here as stated earlier, in my opinion the interior look's and feel's boring and cheap even in a entry level luxury vehical (Subjective) this is my reasoning for the addition of the wood components, the flow of wood and color matchs perfectly in this area there is no problem as you proclaimed to speak as a matter of fact.
So in closing thank's for your post, some will like it some will not (Whatever floats your boat some people can settle for boring and some want) I want so I fixed my problem and I'm enjoying being on the inside of this car more, it's hard for me jumping from my benz or any of the five cars I own to this Lexus (My daily driver) without finding flaws but believe me as I find them I will change and or fix them to suit my taste and needs to which is all that matters.
Regards Rob Franklin

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE