ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

New guy with Silver Lex..

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-03, 05:03 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you in the military? Or do you just live in Japan?

You have heard of Guam right? I'm about 2 or 3 hours away from you.
Old 10-13-03, 05:38 AM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nah. Not military.. Wife is Japanese..

Chris
Old 10-13-03, 04:16 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Also.. I love looking at everyones signiture pictures (banners) Would anyone be interested in making one up for me?? They look hot!.....

Chris
Old 10-13-03, 06:41 PM
NeiLtYmE
Driver School Candidate

Hey Chris !

whats up man ... good to see that blake helped ya out with those bagdes...
did you get a hold of an engine cover ?

See ya around ~!
Old 10-13-03, 07:09 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Hey Neil,
Yeah was pretty good him doing that for me.. No luck on the engine badge as yet. But still looking mate!

Chris
Old 10-13-03, 09:45 PM
badams
Pole Position

I would love to get my hands on a right-hand drive Lexus!

Definitely not something you see everyday...unless you are in Austrailia or Japan I imagine.

badams

Ps. Welcome to the Club.
Old 10-23-03, 07:57 AM
es3windom
Driver School Candidate

Hello there .. welcome to the club

Im also from Australia driving a black 95' Toyota Windom.. (will post a pic soon)
its kinda rare here and i dunno anyone that drives a fully imported Windom here in Australia (melb)
iv had it for nearly 1 year now and still very happy.

Considering that ur there in Japan .. u might help me with some info about my car..

Whats the big diff between a 95 windom to a Aus/US Es300? (beside the leather seats/sunroof)?

hopefully if i think of more quesitions .. il ask you..

Thanks and i hope you clublexus

-es3Windom-
Old 10-23-03, 12:08 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Japanese Windoms got a few more gadgets than the ES models. The one I can think of off the top of my head are the power folding mirrors, and I think an electronically adjustable suspension may have been available as an option on the 1st gen Windom (the US ES didn't get that option until '97). Japanese spec cars also got navigation available before the US, but I'm not sure if it was available that early on the Windom. Windoms also have sidemarker lights behind the fenders that the US and Canadian spec ES's lack, but I think the European and Australian markets have them too, due to local law (just like how Canadian-spec ES's have headlamp washers while US models don't).
Old 10-23-03, 09:19 PM
juan01
Pole Position

I never really got the use of having headlamp washers..

I still want those sidemarkers though.
Old 10-24-03, 06:25 AM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Hey es3windom,

I havnt been around for a while. So sorry I have taken so long to get back to you.. Did you ship your Windom into Australia from Japan.. Just curious on how you got it?.. I am heading back to Australia in a few weeks, and I am desperately trying to find a way to get the car home, and through customs.. It is all so confussing!

To answer your question about what are the differences between the Windom and the ES.. Well you are right about the sunroof, and Leather seats. Although in Japan. There is no such thing as Lexus, As Lexus is Toyota. And so there is no need to release their luxury cars under the Lexus banner. As they are just released as Toyota's. So yes, Windoms did come with Leather seats and sunroof. They were just the top of the range models.. Also alot of the features that are currents on many ES's are actually just standard for the Toyota Windom.. One member was right about the power mirrors. and many different features that you simply didnt see on the ES. The honest truth, is that the Toyota Windom, and the Lexus ES, are made in exactly the same place.. How do I know this. My Japanese wifes cousin works at the Toyota factory about 10 minutes from my home. The difference is, that the cars with the steering wheel on the left goes to the Lexus badging room. And the car with the steering wheel on the right. Goes to the Toyota Windom badging room...

The Windom is actually more luxury than the ES.. The Japanese always give the good stuff to themselves before they share it!.. Another major difference. And this is an important one. Is that the ES only ever came out with a 3Litre engine. Toyota Windom was released with both a 2.5L and the 3L.. They were also released as the X, G, Or the Lexter.. I have the 2.5 Lexter.. The Lexter models are like the Lexus ES "Coach" edition. . They were brought out with all the bells and whistels, and they also came standard with the wider tires, and double exhaust!.. They are the chunkyer model.. And the motors have a bit more of a raw sound to them when you flatten it out on the freeway!

I cant believe that I wrote so much. But I hope you enjoyed? Also. Keep in touch. Cause it will be nice to have someone to talk to when I get back to Aus!

Chris
Attached Thumbnails New guy with Silver Lex..-lexus01.jpg  
Old 10-24-03, 09:48 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Welcome
Old 10-24-03, 10:13 PM
es3windom
Driver School Candidate

Hello AusLex300!!

Wow thanks for your massive informative reply - i truly appreciate!! (and thank you squarehat for your reply!!)
Still cant believe that they share the same factory and the Japs keeps the good ones (hehe) !

But anyway, about how i got this car.. its a long story - il make it short so here it goes:
Last year, i was looking for a car that is reliable and would last me for years. (and ofcourse with styles)
Im not really into hardcore street mods etc etc (but respects to all of them) so i was kinda looking towards a Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, or even a Toyota Corrola - as im only be using it for everyday driving.

Iv always love Lexus but i can never afford it here!! and the ES300s looks very apealing (style+comfort+reliabilty) and they cost around (au) 28g's+ or more w/ 100,000K+ travelled. So therefore a Toyota Camry was an alternative. As most people, iv looked every where (newspapers, net, tradingpost etc)
and one day iv spotted a 1995 Es300 for $17,000 w/ 57,000K - WOW !! so i phoned the guy .. but just to be told that he is holding it for another guy!! damN! - Well i didn't give up so i phoned him up several times (maybe 10+ time) .. and eventually that person pulled out due financial problems (im so lucky) - so i went to his place the next day and i was surprise that it kinda looked diffrent from the rest . (it had no leather seat, no sunroof, and had this weird 'WINDOM' label on the Stereo - with no CDstacker - BUt the price was attractive with 57k travelled. - in the end i got it down $16,500 for the price.

So thats my story - the previous owner was kinda stupid and told me that its the Australian vesion - and that the previous owner before him was an old person who retired. - So im not soo sure who imported this car here is Aus. - And the car had no maintenace record books - and the previous owner advised me that he doesnt drive that much and he service the car like every long school holiday break (once a year )

But i didnt care - so i took the risk and bought it - and im still very happy as ever. (At least this car is in good hands)

So to answer your question - i have no idea who imported this car - and i havent seen anyone drive a Windom here at all (melbourne)

yikes iv written to much too.. but i hope you enjoyed it... and yes il try and keep in touch!!
Attached Thumbnails New guy with Silver Lex..-mycar001.jpg  
Old 10-24-03, 10:32 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Nice color! Still looks new.
Old 10-25-03, 12:36 AM
es3windom
Driver School Candidate

kinda .. but u have to look at it in real life.. the photo looks good but i have minor scratches and a few bumps but its all good - the right hand front lights are foggy! (not obvious in the pic).
Old 10-25-03, 03:08 AM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Well what badge is on the engine. And if you look inside all of the doors, and on the front side windows there should be Toyota writen everywhere....Also. Does it have Lexus Wheels or aftermarket...
Anyways. yes ES's are expencive in Australia, so you are very lucky to have. So look after it!

As for me. I just found out that I will have to wait 6 months before I can bring my car in?? Pissed off at the minute.. Its too bad that you actually own something. But then your government tells you wether you can bring it home with you or not?......I F$#%ing own it for gods sake.. I will do with it what I please!!!!

Definately will keep in touch..

Chris

Quick Reply: New guy with Silver Lex..