ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Glovebox removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-03, 06:35 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Glovebox removal

Does anybody on here know how hard it is to remove the black inner part of the glovebox? I am trying to put a DVD player in there. I have seen the PS2 in the glovebox, but the member who had that installed, had it installed by someone else. I don't know if i can just start unscrewing screws I see inside the glovebox, and try to pull out the black inside so that I have more room for my DVD player. Has anybody taken out the inside of their glovebox. Oh yeah, if you have a second gen ES, it would apply to my car better, thanks.

Last edited by EGainer; 06-02-03 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-02-03, 01:07 PM
NVICTIS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glove

you have to take the door off to get the liner out. The door is held in by a few bolts, and you may have to remove the plastic piece to get to the bolts. It is pretty easy and should take no longer than a few minutes.Hope this helps (i have a 95)
Old 06-02-03, 01:29 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Thanks, I'll check it out. Do you know if there is anything inside the glovebox that I would still be able to set the DVD player on? Or would I have to make my own "floor" to the glovebox?

Thanks
Old 06-02-03, 04:08 PM
NVICTIS
Driver

Default damn

well egainer, it looks like your going to have to "make your own floor". But please try to be creative about this. Also, remember that there is a TON of wires directly behind the glove, so be careful. I am going to have an install in my glove to, but I was planning on either using fiberglass to secure it or plexy glass. The plexy (if thats how you spell it) has the added bonus of being smooth already and can be sanded on the non showing side (with a light added) to create a pretty cool effect. The downside is that it is completly flat. The fiberglass can be molded and manipulated to any shape you want. The two togeather would be really nice also, but I guess its just something to think about. One more thing, do you think I whould put a tv in the glove or a ps2?
Old 06-02-03, 07:11 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

ps2 in the glove definitely. I'm going for what Amrit did, and putting a screen in place of my stereo. So you think that i could take out the inside of the glovebox, and make a new inside out of clear plexiglass... and even put lights underneath the glass so the glovebox glows... (i have blue lights under my dash and seats right now). also i saw that the crash sensor is directly behind the inside so i would be careful. im going to attempt to take out my glovebox here pretty soon. if i can get it out and think of a good way to make an inside, then ill go ahead and buy my dvd player to put inside it. thanks for the plexiglass idea, if you find out anything else about this let me know, since we are both working on it at the same time

eric
Old 07-10-03, 07:12 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

any luck with the glovebox egainer?