ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Anyone else get scammed by NST? (nonstop tuning)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-16, 06:23 PM
5ltrbeater
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else get scammed by NST? (nonstop tuning)

last time I got scammed by an aftermarket automotive performance company , I was about 21 years old.
16 years of buying car parts and got nicked again (not a bad streak).
anyhow, ordered an UDP from non stop tuning back in January for my 99 lexus and was immediately told there would be a 45 day delay in production.
no problem. I really wanted to add a few ponies under the hood of my daily.
5 months and 4 emails later about how production is not as fast as they'd like it to be, I start doing research on the company and low and behold , other people have been scammed as well.
some people on the Honda forums said they aren't really even in business anymore. kind of late to file a dispute with the bank. was wondering if I'm the only sucker that bought an UDP from them or did anyone else have better luck?
Old 06-14-16, 09:34 PM
DJPsystems
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

A while back I wanted to order an underdrive pulley from them but I saw they had an F rating with the bbb I changed my mind.
Old 06-15-16, 07:30 AM
5ltrbeater
Driver

dam. didn't even think to check that.
Old 06-16-16, 12:27 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

File the dispute anyway.

I would not bother with an UDP for the minimal gain you will get and potentially **** your alternator.
Old 06-16-16, 12:29 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

From Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underdrive_pulleys

A crankshaft or accessory pulley not machined or balanced properly can cause severe damage leading to thousands of dollars in repairs.....Poorly engineered underdrive pulleys can cause unwanted side effects; this is due to not spinning the alternator, power steering, and/or air conditioning fast enough. This leads to low alternator voltage, weak/no power steering assist, and weak/no air conditioning effectiveness, especially at idle/low RPM. The most commonly seen result is lighting may dim, or the stereo may cut out. Too much underdrive for a race car is not much of a concern due to the high RPMs they run at, but for daily driven vehicles it can lead to a dead battery if too much time is spend at idle or low RPM.
No thanks!
Old 06-18-16, 10:55 AM
5ltrbeater
Driver

^^^^^^
This is actually a lightweight pulley. Should have been more specific. Not underdriving anything.