Interior Control Lights - Club Lexus Forums

Interior Control Lights

Old 12-07-15, 10:15 AM   #1
CF01
Driver School Candidate

Default Interior Control Lights

I have a number of lights out on the interior of my 2003 ES. Just got the car, so I have no idea how long they have been out. There is no light on the shifter panel. Also there are a number of lights out on the climate control panel. Seemed kind of odd, so I thought I would ask if this was just an issue of bulbs having gone out or if something else was going on. The only other electrical issues the car seems to have are the driver's door lock actuator and the rear shade only work intermittently, so I am guessing those are motor issues.

Here is a photo of the climate controls at night.

CF01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 10:13 AM   #2
lostape45
Lead Lap

Most likely just the bulbs out, it happened on my 2001 ES too. Only a few of the climate control bulbs were out on mine too.
lostape45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 11:59 AM   #3
CF01
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. After looking around some more, it seems it's pretty common to have lots of bulbs going out on the climate controls. I possibly have a different issue though with the climate controls. Seems that the Auto setting will only work with foot blower. After turning on Auto, it always changes to the foot blower and if I try to change it to a different blower configuration, it turns the Auto setting off. Maybe I'll find something in the manual on this. Seems like a strange way for it to function and I don't remember my previous cars(Avalons) working this way.
Old 12-09-15, 05:44 PM   #4
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF01 View Post
Thanks. After looking around some more, it seems it's pretty common to have lots of bulbs going out on the climate controls. I possibly have a different issue though with the climate controls. Seems that the Auto setting will only work with foot blower. After turning on Auto, it always changes to the foot blower and if I try to change it to a different blower configuration, it turns the Auto setting off. Maybe I'll find something in the manual on this. Seems like a strange way for it to function and I don't remember my previous cars(Avalons) working this way.
Hi, We can help you out with replacing those bulbs if you want to send in your cluster to us. We can redo all of your illumination. DM us for more information or if you have any other questions!

http://www.taninautoelectronix.com/

Thanks,
www.TaninAutoElectronix.com

http://www.facebook.com/TaninAutoElectronix
TaninAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-15, 06:54 AM   #5
mmatheny
Lead Lap

Quote:

If you have the temperature turned up high, it AUTOMATICALLY adjusts the blower output to feet. Try turning the temp down to see if it comes out the dash vents. Any time you change anything - blower speed, blower output - it goes off AUTO - BUT - the temperature control is still in AUTO, so it maintains the temp you select.
mmatheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-15, 08:43 AM   #6
CF01
Driver School Candidate

Sounds like it is probably just bulbs then, Thanks!

After looking through older threads, it looks like I'll have to buy Lexus bulbs for this at around $7 or $8 each? Any cheaper alternatives that won't give problems?
Old 12-10-15, 09:47 AM   #7
mmatheny
Lead Lap

Geez - that's cheap. On my old Infiniti I-30, I had to purchase a map light - $18!!!
mmatheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-15, 02:24 PM   #8
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Quote:
Sounds like it is probably just bulbs then, Thanks!

After looking through older threads, it looks like I'll have to buy Lexus bulbs for this at around $7 or $8 each? Any cheaper alternatives that won't give problems?
Yes, we have these bulbs for $1.99 each. You would have to measure the width of the bulb before we could tell you which one you would need and we can't guess on the size.

let us know if you have other questions.
www.TaninAutoElectronix.com

http://www.facebook.com/TaninAutoElectronix
TaninAuto is offline   Reply With Quote