ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

1998 ES300 - My 1st Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-15, 06:45 PM
xoarz
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default My 1998 ES300

Hello CL,
Being fairly new to how my car and cars in general work, i've found this site EXTREMELY helpful! Thank you all for being so helpful and friendly
Anyways, here is my 1998 ES300 (Sorry I can't take pictures at all) :P
Bought it from a family friend for $4000 with only 45,000 miles on it!!!! Stock, perfect condition & garage kept.
I don't have any pictures from when I bought it around a year ago so you may see some imperfections in these more recent pictures.

Last edited by xoarz; 07-28-16 at 11:27 AM. Reason: forgot to edit
Old 11-05-15, 07:51 PM
JetsonES
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car and looks to be in good shape. Nice choice for a first car.
Old 11-05-15, 07:59 PM
808mcv20l
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow Nice! Now you and me with Super low mileage ES300s, they must all think that Hawaii is like 10 miles long...

What island are you on? I'm on Oahu.

Got mine past June with 46.6k miles on it. It's sitting at 46,760 some miles as of yesterday. Yup I only put on about 100 miles on it. We have 2 cars and I walk to work.

Just go through cleaning the leather front seats on Sunday, the rear seats are immaculate.

I just did a bit of maintenance on it so far, new hood struts (hood wouldn't stay up), found the power mirrors didn't work, fixed that.

Oil changed and trans fluid changed, plan to do another trans drain and flush with new gasket and strainer soon.

New Air Blitz air filter going in and cabin filter. I have new swaybar bushings I want to get on them too.

Brake fluid flush with Castrol Dot4 and Powersteering flush as well.

my thread is here if you want a look.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...tinum-gem.html
Old 11-05-15, 09:32 PM
xoarz
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 808mcv20l
Wow Nice! Now you and me with Super low mileage ES300s, they must all think that Hawaii is like 10 miles long...

What island are you on? I'm on Oahu.

Got mine past June with 46.6k miles on it. It's sitting at 46,760 some miles as of yesterday. Yup I only put on about 100 miles on it. We have 2 cars and I walk to work.

Just go through cleaning the leather front seats on Sunday, the rear seats are immaculate.

I just did a bit of maintenance on it so far, new hood struts (hood wouldn't stay up), found the power mirrors didn't work, fixed that.

Oil changed and trans fluid changed, plan to do another trans drain and flush with new gasket and strainer soon.

New Air Blitz air filter going in and cabin filter. I have new swaybar bushings I want to get on them too.

Brake fluid flush with Castrol Dot4 and Powersteering flush as well.

my thread is here if you want a look.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...tinum-gem.html
I live on Oahu too only 100 miles??! whaaat.... I put almost 9000 miles on my car since I bought it around a year ago haha.. I don't have leather seats either If i found some for a good price i'd instantly get them.

As for the hood struts, i'll probably be doing the same soon since the hood almost slammed shut on my head while I was installing my intake
My power mirrors don't work along with the clock and cigarette lighter so i'm guessing I need to replace a fuse?

I love your car I wish I had the 2001 model to begin with so I could save some money on switching out parts lol.
Old 11-05-15, 09:32 PM
xoarz
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by JetsonES
Beautiful car and looks to be in good shape. Nice choice for a first car.
Thank you
Old 11-05-15, 09:55 PM
xoarz
Pit Crew

Changed my sound system out too.
JVC KW-R910BT (which I want to switch out)
Rockford R1200-1D amp
Rockford RFK4X 4 AWG wiring kit
12' Rockford T1 (some random old sub by friend gave me haha)
x4 6 1/4" Kicker 40CS654 to replace cracking old door speakers (no pic)

This was my FIRST audio install and the H/U wiring held me back a lot. The whole project took me and my friend 5 hours LOL! I know it isn't perfect... but it was my first time doing something like that and it was awesome!
Old 11-05-15, 11:39 PM
808mcv20l
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xoarz
I live on Oahu too only 100 miles??! whaaat.... I put almost 9000 miles on my car since I bought it around a year ago haha.. I don't have leather seats either If i found some for a good price i'd instantly get them.

As for the hood struts, i'll probably be doing the same soon since the hood almost slammed shut on my head while I was installing my intake
My power mirrors don't work along with the clock and cigarette lighter so i'm guessing I need to replace a fuse?

I love your car I wish I had the 2001 model to begin with so I could save some money on switching out parts lol.
Funny cause I was looking at that and was like hmm that does look like cloth seats huh? I thought all Lexus models had leather. Some times cloth is easier to keep clean and less maintenance. I had cloth in my 99 camry that we last had.

Those oem hood struts were friggin expensive. 125 each from servco, I had a friend get me employee discount as his sister-in-law works there still it was 200 bucks for those struts. Amazon has the aftermarket strongarm ones I would have gotten those if I couldn't get a discount on the oem ones.

Yah the clock, sig lighter and power mirrors use a common fuse, was the first place I looked when I found out my mirrors didn't work, however my clock and cig lighter was working. My problem was elsewhere.

There's 2 cig lighter fuses they are both 10amp fuses. you can try check out both of them. But my problem turned out to be the Mirror controller which was much more difficult to change out, anywho I did get it fixed in the end.

Your paint looks super clean and the bumper is perfect I guess the prev owner was a good driver!

I got 1 rim that has some curb rash the rear right one, I plan to get a new refurb one later or switch to some different wheels, haven't decided yet.

I upgraded to dual piston calipers on my 99 Camry with powerstop rotors and goodridge lines all around. I might do something similar to the ES at some point haven't decided yet I really want some cheap 4pot calipers but nothing fits this car...

The previous owner took really good care of the car, so right now I'm just doing some obligatory maintenance like fluid changes and such.
Old 11-06-15, 03:47 AM
TomsCelica
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Sharp car! Good thinking with going to Rockford for the amp. They don't make stuff like they use to, but it's still better than most. 4 Guage is alsone overkill. 8 Guage would have been plenty, FYI.
Old 11-06-15, 05:51 AM
gabzor
Pole Position

sharp car, too bad these car's aren't very easy to work on, but extremely low mileage, and a great price!
Old 11-07-15, 05:19 PM
xoarz
Pit Crew

Some stuff I got in the mail today.

Old 11-07-15, 08:10 PM
JetsonES
Lead Lap

Going low?
Old 11-07-15, 09:42 PM
xoarz
Pit Crew

Going low?
Yes just enough to get rid of the wheel gap though. Nothing too crazy.
Old 11-08-15, 05:47 AM
JetsonES
Lead Lap

Cool. I considered lowering mine but I really don't want too mess with the ride too much. I did the rear sway and it is effective at tightening things up without ride penalty. Was considering springs when I need struts but for that price you could get coilovers. Are those Tein's?
Old 11-08-15, 10:45 AM
xoarz
Pit Crew

Cool. I considered lowering mine but I really don't want too mess with the ride too much. I did the rear sway and it is effective at tightening things up without ride penalty. Was considering springs when I need struts but for that price you could get coilovers. Are those Tein's?
Yes those are TEIN super street's. Luckily, my friend had it laying around and offered to let me take it off his hands Next step is shipping it back to get repaired
Old 11-08-15, 01:35 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

I like where this is going. No messing around. Will check in once in a while to see progress lol

Quick Reply: 1998 ES300 - My 1st Car