ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Hose with bolt in the end???

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-15, 06:30 PM
fastnoypi
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

the 3vzfe shares ALOT of its design with the 1mzfe found in the 1st gen RX.

Here is a pic of the intake manifold flipped over in my 02 Rx300, i believe this should be similar if not identical to that on your ES.

The bare nipple is where i recall removing a line of similar diameter that you have in your pics. It is the IACV aka idle speed control valve on my vehicle.
Unfortunately i dont recall if there was coolant coming out of it because i drained a significant amount of coolant before i removed my intake.

Old 04-16-15, 07:42 PM
310WLA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah coolant comes out of that one. The one i was talking about is the one that is still connected(air).
Old 04-18-15, 04:40 PM
gtstcactus
Pole Position

I've put it all back together... There were definitely no stray nipples under, on top, or on the side of the upper intake.... I don't see anywhere for it to go, I've looked and looked and still have no clue...

There is a mechanic in the building I live in who came by while I was putting everything back together and I asked him where it was meant to go.... He works at a independant garage, I've no idea on his previous experience, I don't think he's overly familiar with the Windom/ES300 but he said not to worry because it's for something that's been removed and if it wasn't a problem before no need to worry now...

I'm still not so sure but I really don't see anywhere for to go..... I might have to wait for an ES300/Windom to arrive at Pick a Part and go and have a look
Old 04-18-15, 05:33 PM
fastnoypi
Racer

if you want to take another stab at it....have you taken the bolt out? if not, take it out and start the car. You can at least narrow it down to what system it would connect to. Coolant coming out.. coolant system or vacuum/air.. air/breather system.
Also another thing to look out for is for any non-OEM looking T's or hoses might give a clue to what was bypassed or replaced
Old 04-18-15, 05:38 PM
gtstcactus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fastnoypi
if you want to take another stab at it....have you taken the bolt out? if not, take it out and start the car. You can at least narrow it down to what system it would connect to. Coolant coming out.. coolant system or vacuum/air.. air/breather system.
Also another thing to look out for is for any non-OEM looking T's or hoses might give a clue to what was bypassed or replaced
I've left the end of the hose in a position where I can easily access it, as I don't see myself being happy with it until the mystery is solved....

I've got to go and tackle new issue that's popped up after doing the valve cover gaskets so I'll pop the bolt out and see what spills out...

The hose has fuel printed on it which made me a little nervous... Are "fuel" hoses used for other fluids and/or air??
Old 04-19-15, 01:20 PM
fastnoypi
Racer

Originally Posted by gtstcactus

The hose has fuel printed on it which made me a little nervous... Are "fuel" hoses used for other fluids and/or air??
They can be used for coolant, but it is the expensive route than going for heater hose. Fuel injection hose is just more reinforced and certified for fuel and burst pressure.
Old 04-20-15, 05:28 AM
gtstcactus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fastnoypi
They can be used for coolant, but it is the expensive route than going for heater hose. Fuel injection hose is just more reinforced and certified for fuel and burst pressure.
Ok I will pull the bolt and see what lies inside.... I just need to get the car started and running again first tho!