ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Grille

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-03, 02:08 PM
blux
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grille

Anyone know of an aftermarket company that makes replacement grilles for my gen ES300?

My grille is cracked, and I plan on repainting my hood this summer seeing that there are so many rock chips that i had to cover it all up with a front end mask... EH

But anyways I was thinking like a billet or sweet chrome girlle would be a nice addition!
Old 02-28-03, 02:27 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you check out the grille on the two cars on the first pic from the Japanese meet? It looked like it was black aluminum with a chrome trim strip around the border, like the newer ES.
Not sure if anybody imports them to the US, though. I've got a couple of tiny cracks on my grille, too, and had been looking for aftermarket alternatives, with little luck.
Old 02-28-03, 03:10 PM
MCV20
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont think they make any grill/aftermarket for any GEN windom.. but i knw most of them make/paint their own grill....

i m going to paint my grill to bodycolour this summer.....
Old 03-01-03, 05:18 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can try a customization shop....

A friend of mine (97 LS400) also had a damaged grill so he had a shop make him a chrome billet grille which matched his 21 inch chromes

I also had a custom billet/mesh backed grille for the lower grill on my ES, but within 2 weeks it was damaged by a 'flying rock' courtesty of the semi-trailer ahead of me.
Old 03-01-03, 05:32 PM
blux
Pole Position

Originally posted by squarehat
Did you check out the grille on the two cars on the first pic from the Japanese meet? It looked like it was black aluminum with a chrome trim strip around the border, like the newer ES.
Not sure if anybody imports them to the US, though. I've got a couple of tiny cracks on my grille, too, and had been looking for aftermarket alternatives, with little luck.
Yeah dood thats where I got the idea! Thoes pics were TOO COOL
Old 03-01-03, 08:20 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

I just need to know what your cars name is in Japan. (Windom) (Aristo) ??

Then I can check for you what company and prices they have for the grills you all want.
Old 03-01-03, 08:32 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

The ES is indeed known as the Windom in Japan. The grille that at least of couple of us here are interested in is in the first picture of the Japanese meet pictures, it has black (appears to be metal) slats, with a chrome border, for the 1996 models.
Old 03-01-03, 08:58 PM
zexen
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

woohoo!!!!

this could mean that my grille won't look fugl anymore!!
some of y`all have seen my grille... it looks like #38 on the japan pics. scary a$$ grille...
Old 03-02-03, 12:42 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

1996 is the Windom 20??

I looked at the first picture My screen shows a bunch of cars. You mean the second picture??
Old 03-02-03, 01:24 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry, should have been more specific, it's the first pic in this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=75750

The model number for the 94-96 is the MCV10 (92-93 VCV10), I don't know if that means it's the Windom 10. The MCV20 were the 97-01 models. Also, what does the "G" stand for in Windom 3.0 G? I've always wondered that, and I noticed the new Harrier is the 300 G.
Old 03-02-03, 02:21 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

oh okay......... I looked at the wrong meet in Japan. I will check for you and see who makes this one and get a price. It looks like a billet grill and the inside was painted black. I will also check and see what others they make with prices.

Yours must be the Windom 10

The Harriers are nice I would like to have one. I will ask what the "G" stands for the Windom car, maybe it means the "G" spot. LOL

Robert
Old 03-02-03, 03:59 PM
blux
Pole Position

I neeeeed a billet grille!!!! AHHH!
Old 03-03-03, 01:36 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Cool

Today I spend alot of time going over the VIP mags and VIP parts Catalogs that I have. Not much is advertised on the Windom. There are about 10 diffrent cars here that fall under the catagory VIP your is probably more of a racing (speed) car.

The only one I found was made by tradition.......... www.traditional-jp.co.jp.
I havent looked at the web page to see if it shows the grill. Going for Y35000.

Its nothing like a billet grill. Can one of you guys post a picture or your stock grill for me. So when Im looking I know thats not what you all want.

I did find a cool looking grill for the windom 20 made by Exclusive. Its like the picture of the one you all want but its trim is the color of the car and the middle is black. For all I know it might be a stock one that company makes for your car. Thats why I need to see a picture.

"G" stand for the better of the two cars they make. Example 1995 G 3.0 then the other one is 1995 X 3.0 it goes for the Harrier also.

If you all really want a grill you should start searching the web using the japanese translator.
http://www.teletranslator.com:8060/

After you find something you want let me know........ Sorry I know more about the LS.

:egads
Old 03-03-03, 02:15 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

the tradition kit does not sell the grille, at least not seperately.
Old 03-03-03, 02:20 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

I think they do cause its listed as a separate price......... Plus if I order it i will do it thru an autoparts store. If I order it myself your probably right.

Quick Reply: Grille