ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Any particular products wanted for the ES?

Old 02-28-03, 01:06 PM
Daizen Sport Tuning
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any particular products wanted for the ES?

Just checking to see if there are any particular products that any of you would like to see available for your cars - suspension, engine, accessories, etc.

Sway Bars?
Intake?
Exhaust?
Shocks?
Springs?
Braided Brake Lines?
Any other suggestions?
Old 02-28-03, 03:32 PM
TheL
Driver School Candidate

Default ...

I think I speak for us all when I say, ALL OF THE ABOVE A sway bar that fits would be very nice, struts/shocks are nice too although we have some alternatives there, intake/exhaust we have a few options, and maybe some aero parts easily accessible would be nice, instead of attempting to find a connection w/ japan.

Last edited by TheL; 02-28-03 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-28-03, 04:32 PM
Luc
Pit Crew

Whiteline has the rear sway bar for Gen1 ES300 already, it's the same one from the Gen3 ('92-'96) Camry platform.
Old 02-28-03, 04:38 PM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A good exhaust would be nice
Old 02-28-03, 08:18 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

strut tower brace for an 02-03 ES would be nice, one that doesn't touch the plenum.
Sway bars....absolutely. Again on an 02-03.

thanks for asking...someone in marketing is doing their job.

steviej

Last edited by steviej; 02-28-03 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-28-03, 08:46 PM
Ghetto-Pimp
Rookie

how about some parts for 92-96 es 300

like chrome grills,2.0 inch lowering springs or more
a body kit mayb
Old 03-02-03, 03:57 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sway Bars?
Intake?
Exhaust?
Shocks?
Springs?
Braided Brake Lines?
Any other suggestions

say bars i don't think are needed 2 much they are more for a real drivers car and unfortunatly i don't think an es is one but i love mine
intakes are made by a few companies but are all short pipes so pretty useless
the Cold air ones take a bit to remove old hardware and body modifications to get a pipe in the fender
exhaust price over all for shipping and the anount of already available options doesn't seem to make it viable
shocks and spring are also out there but pricy for coil over kits and other wise springs are 1 inch drop not much at all
the brake lines would be the best bet to me as they are not easy to find since one company has them but i can't seem to find them and they work for the camry v6 so extra overflow sales

there are strut bars that do not rub just have to pay the money for them
alot of people have tried to custom a header but it is next to impossiblee to make as i have tried as the y pipe for the 1mz-fe is very steep angled

hope this helps

when the green light drops the bull***** stops
Old 03-02-03, 07:57 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

say bars i don't think are needed 2 much they are more for a real drivers car and unfortunatly i don't think an es is one but i love mine

Swaybars reduce the huge body roll characteristics that the Camry/ES platform suffers from. It's a heavy FWD vehicle on comfort tuned springs/struts combo.

intakes are made by a few companies but are all short pipes so pretty useless
the Cold air ones take a bit to remove old hardware and body modifications to get a pipe in the fender

Cold air intake setups are more efficient than regular short ram, but for people who would like to add performance to their vehicles, a cai is beneficial if you plan to build your car up.

exhaust price over all for shipping and the anount of already available options doesn't seem to make it viable

You get what you pay for. Exhausts or parts in general were never meant to be cheap especially for this platform.

shocks and spring are also out there but pricy for coil over kits and other wise springs are 1 inch drop not much at all

Struts and springs out there are actually cheaper than buying brand new OEM parts. Springs drop more than 1" in certain applications. I dunno where you get your info from. Eibach Pro Kits drop from 1.2" all the way to 1.6" if you get the proper one that fits your ES or Camry equivalent.

the brake lines would be the best bet to me as they are not easy to find since one company has them but i can't seem to find them and they work for the camry v6 so extra overflow sales

Goodrich makes a set for the Camry yes, and they are very easy to find if you know the right shops to go to.

there are strut bars that do not rub just have to pay the money for them

That is right, but what's so hard about adding spacers onto those strutbars that hit the itake plenum? It's as simple as going to Home Depot or Lowes and taking a few mins of your time to install them.

alot of people have tried to custom a header but it is next to impossiblee to make as i have tried as the y pipe for the 1mz-fe is very steep angled

Alot of people? Who are they? I know of 2 companies....one that has released and the other which is currently prototyping headers for the 1MZ-FE. One of the is JP Performance here in SoCal. As for Y-pipe, it's not a very difficult piece to make...any reputable exhaust shop that knows how to mandrel bend and weld piping can do it. JP performance as well as Cattman makes a Y-Pipe for the 1MZ-FE and is currently on sale. It's obvious you haven't tried hard enough to find the right shop to do it for you or to buy from.

Those negative kinds of suggestions are the reason why no one wants to work the Camry/ES platform. If you actually asked the right sources, maybe you wouldn't be so adament about knocing down parts that you were not successful at or are negative about. Give those companies a chance that are trying to offer their services. It's not everyday a company will come out to a forum and ask for suggestions.

-Ryan

Last edited by flipside909; 03-02-03 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-04-03, 09:55 PM
NVICTIS
Driver

Default headers??

How much do the headers run and what is the typical price for install on them? That is sweet, I'd love to get some headers, then I would consider redoing my whole exhaust. Some info would be greatly appriciated. Thanks
Old 03-10-03, 11:00 PM
Baby Lex
Driver

I agree to with all of the products would be GREAT but realistically the exhaust, body kits, and strut bar would be good. We can get springs, struts intake pretty easily. But all the other things is VERY HARD to come by. I would love to get an exhaust, like a direct bolt-on cat-back. Or even a better looking strut bar that won't have clearance problems like I've heard. Aero parts too would be wonderful...but they are extremely hard to aquire. I'm guessing it's because it's not a "civic" and kids usually don't pick this car. Another great product would be either seat replacements. Not racing, but more luxurious or some type of leather replacement kit, that you could choose colors. Like the 2-tone paint. But really, ANYTHING is better than nothing, and I'm thinking every thing that can be bought and put on for an ES has been. We really need some products and not have to import crap. PLEASE HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-03, 11:50 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2+inch lowering springs please