vibration issues - Page 2 - Club Lexus Forums


vibration issues

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-14, 07:25 PM   #16
mark71
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 32
Default

"Mark, your statement makes very little sense,"

i was just restating what HE said in his post. he specifically mentioned that the brake hose was the source of the problem.
mark71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 07:22 PM   #17
mark71
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 32
Default It was a balance issue...

Ok, so it was the tires. The previous owner put "Guardsman" tires on the car. I never even heard of the brand until I looked it up on the Internet and discovered its sold by Sears. El CHEAPO tires.
Why anyone would be **** tires on a Lexus, even a 16 year old Lexus is beyond me. Anyways finally found an honest mechanic who finally was able to balance them after 2 hours. I'm glad it wasn't the calipers but I have to get new tires soon.
mark71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 09:24 PM   #18
MrBooby
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
MrBooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark71 View Post
Ok, so it was the tires. The previous owner put "Guardsman" tires on the car. I never even heard of the brand until I looked it up on the Internet and discovered its sold by Sears. El CHEAPO tires.
Why anyone would be **** tires on a Lexus, even a 16 year old Lexus is beyond me. Anyways finally found an honest mechanic who finally was able to balance them after 2 hours. I'm glad it wasn't the calipers but I have to get new tires soon.
One of my pet peeves.
MrBooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 11:40 AM   #19
mark71
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 32
Default

Mr Booby,

What tires did you put on your car? I am thinking about Bridgestone Turuanza Serenity
mark71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 05:46 PM   #20
MrBooby
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
MrBooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark71 View Post
Mr Booby,

What tires did you put on your car? I am thinking about Bridgestone Turuanza Serenity
I have the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo for the summer. I don't like them, I would much prefer a softer tire, since I do a lot of highway driving.
MrBooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-14, 09:32 AM   #21
mark71
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 32
Default

Looks like we both have very similar cars. I just bought mine and I was debating whether to commit to it. The mechanic put it on a lift and said that the shocks, brakes, and rotors all look relatively knew so I was glad to hear that. the only thing it needs is a rear and front valve gasket. However, he stated that he wasn't surprised considering the amount of miles I have on my car.

BTW, the mechanic is STILL trying to balance these tires. What tires are a good match for the lexus ES300. I just want a soft , quiet ride.

Mark
mark71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-14, 10:21 AM   #22
MrBooby
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
MrBooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark71 View Post
Looks like we both have very similar cars. I just bought mine and I was debating whether to commit to it. The mechanic put it on a lift and said that the shocks, brakes, and rotors all look relatively knew so I was glad to hear that. the only thing it needs is a rear and front valve gasket. However, he stated that he wasn't surprised considering the amount of miles I have on my car. BTW, the mechanic is STILL trying to balance these tires. What tires are a good match for the lexus ES300. I just want a soft , quiet ride. Mark
The Michelin MXV4 or a current equivalent. They're pricey, but a lot of people like them.
MrBooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 02:47 PM   #23
ViPeRs103
Driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 117
Default

I hear the Michelin Premier A/S superseded the MXV4, but I hear it is an awesome tire for wear comfort & traction!!
ViPeRs103 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 RX350 F-Sport Vibration imxkal RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) 13 08-31-16 07:00 PM
2001 GS 300 Need Help irish1020 GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 1 04-24-15 11:31 AM
RX350 steering wheel vibrates after steering work Senin RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) 1 12-22-14 07:11 AM
vibration at highway speeds oldManTan Suspension and Brakes 9 07-08-14 06:13 PM
2004 ES330 Brake vibration georoche ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) 10 06-09-14 07:35 AM


Tags
brakes, calipers, rotors, tires, vibration

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved