ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

I sold her off today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-03, 07:48 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I sold her off today...

$5900 i got for her (95ES300). $100 got marked off from $6000 cuz the used car lot that bought it noticed my a/c didn't work. oops . i had to take everything outta my car, which is sad. when was the last time YOU took EVERYTHING off of your car?? the guy saw my ClubLexus stickers and asked if it was a real club....!!! he looked at my tranny oil dipstick and said "is this ok??" the reply was "of course it is!!" lol. I can't post any other stuff for a while, in case they check the site, but i told ya last week i couldn't sell the car to anyone here on this site w/ a straight face.

thanks for the memories, guys and gals. it's been a pleasure being a part of the ES forums while actually owning an ES, being able to relate to every little thing you folks said. i will truly miss that. I feel I have lost that bond w/ you fellow members, sort of.
thanks for your time spent.

sincerely,
rena

Last edited by meZoom!; 02-04-03 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-04-03, 08:25 PM
zexen
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to see you go, mezoom. maybe sometime during car shopping, you'll fall upon a great deal... and the make of that car... will help your find your way back here again. hope it all works out for ya, mezoom. learned a great deal from ya.

thanks, mezoom. you've always been a great help. and an awesome moderator.
Old 02-04-03, 08:27 PM
themasta3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hearing you say that warms my heart! it's not every day you find a girl that actually has good taste in cars....or even cares about cars for that matter. what are your plans for a future vehicle? im guessing from your post that you wont be getting another ES. well, good luck. just please don't buy anything affiliated with ford or chevy......please o please!!! it would just break my heart!

have a good one!
Old 02-04-03, 09:21 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

hey me zoom when you tsaid take everthing off your car what did you mean?
any sweet part that are now avail for the rest of us left to scavange?
like a nice carpet with the lex logo in the trunk?
thanks
and good luck but i doubt you'll stray too far once you have the best ( or most reliable ) who can settle for the rest
as someone said ford or chevy
unless you are buying a truck
Old 02-04-03, 09:24 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

She's looking for a SC300
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=73109
Old 02-05-03, 03:44 AM
Nabeel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All good things have to come to an end I guess. $5900 is a pretty good price, considering. Time to look for another car huh? Let us know if you need any help or advice looking for another vehicle. Are you trying to get another Lexus or something different? Good Luck!

PS- You're not going to abandon us ES people on this board, are ya?

Last edited by Nabeel; 02-05-03 at 03:46 AM.
Old 02-05-03, 08:02 AM
LexFather

We are glad your okay! You got a pretty good price considering. U still gonna hold the ES forum down?
Old 02-05-03, 10:10 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

OMG. ethan and I were just chatting and I opened this thread as he IM'ed me saying "MeZoom! sold her ES and might get a Solara". Talk about coincidence! Anyways Rena, if you're looking for a Solara (used) we have a in our club selling his. It's a Silverstream Opalescent 5spd manual SE V6. Let me know if you're interested. Otherwise post on our forums or better yet, e-mail me.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 02-05-03, 11:14 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Originally posted by flipside909
OMG. ethan and I were just chatting and I opened this thread as he IM'ed me saying "MeZoom! sold her ES and might get a Solara". Talk about coincidence! Anyways Rena, if you're looking for a Solara (used) we have a in our club selling his. It's a Silverstream Opalescent 5spd manual SE V6. Let me know if you're interested. Otherwise post on our forums or better yet, e-mail me.

Thanks,
Ryan

RYAN!!! i've been looking for you!! i was just about to ask sugi about your solara. i remember seeing it back in march in fontana. what kind is yours?? v6? manual? reason i'm asking is cuz i remember your engine bay being a bit less crowded than the ES. I for sure will drop into TeamSC3. I think i already registered a long whiles back but haven't posted. maybe it was your forum that doesn't accept "!"s so i am just plain meZoom.

i will be keeping in touch shortly.
thanks ryan!

EVERYONE ELSE: I'm still here, I love it here. Sorry if I made it sound like I am leaving y'all just cuz I don't have my Lexy anymore. that's not the case. It just feels "different" though, w/o her sitting out front like she used to.
Old 02-05-03, 11:38 AM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by flipside909

Thanks,
Ryan
Two words: TRD Supercharger
Old 02-05-03, 11:46 AM
Lvangundy

Go solara V6 5 speed..I bet it really zooms..

A few upgrades here and there..and

PLUS - The interior as we all know looks *pretty* similar to the first gen SC's..so you'll "get the (familiar) feeling."

The 4 cyl. solara has rear drum brakes..aren't those terrible compared to disc?
Old 02-05-03, 12:07 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Lvangundy

The 4 cyl. solara has rear drum brakes..aren't those terrible compared to disc?
drum brakes are pretty effective in terms of stopping power. problem is that they lock up easily, and well...disc brakes are just standard these days. but you're right, cheapo solara comes w/ front disc, rear drum.
Old 02-05-03, 01:44 PM
TeamStrykr
Driver School Candidate

Thats great to hear you got rid of the car. The only problem is that now some unfortunate soul will buy your car w/o knowing of the problems on it.
Old 02-05-03, 03:26 PM
Baby Lex
Driver

Too bad about your ride. It's always sad to see a car you really enjoy depart. But that makes more room for the future memories you'll have, and you can always reminece.."remember back when I had my ES?..." Too bad you won't make any posts. But a line or two would be nice still considering you have experience with a ES. Even though I don't know you, but read many threads with you in them, it's sad to see you go.
But good luck in your hunt to find a better car. Remember from this point, you can only go up in standards of your next vehicle, not down...I mean you DID have a Lexus. Take-care
Old 02-08-03, 12:44 PM
es3windom
Driver School Candidate

we'r really sorry about your great lost.. but hey, that price is not bad for an over used car..

your a girl!?? wow im very surprised!! it is sooo great to know that!!(im sorry) i didnt know, i joined the forum like last Dec02...

hehe..my girlfriend loves my car more than me now lolz

(95es300)

Quick Reply: I sold her off today...