ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

the Lex ends up in the ditch.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-03, 04:13 PM
themasta3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the Lex ends up in the ditch.....

Well, it snowed last night here in MT. Being the smart person that I am, I decided to take the curvey road to school (the one that doesn't get plowed very well), and sure enough........I LANDED IN THE DITCH! guess i was just takin the curve to fast, ended up spinning 180, and the rest is history. it could have been a lot worse though, the only thing that got damaged was my front bumper, which was already lookin kinda crappy from all the rock chips. i posted some pics cuz i figured you all would wanna see the damage. right now i'm looking for a new 92-96 front bumper if anyone's got one to sell or knows someone who does.

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da..._end_1-med.jpg

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da..._end_3-med.jpg
Old 02-04-03, 05:17 PM
JasonChen
Lead Lap

ouch hope you are ok....same thing happened to me before (other than the ditch part) hit a puddle of black ice, skiied out but took control over it, scared the jebus outa me.
Old 02-04-03, 05:47 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

oh no...yeah, me did a 180 too on the fwy!! man, the ES front ends have been getting hurt a lot on this board recently. join the club. ya gonna get it fixed?

***meZoom!***
leader of the destroyed front end ES sub-club
all y'all who know how i feel, say "ahh"
Old 02-04-03, 06:26 PM
themasta3
Rookie

get it fixed? DEFINITELY!!! i can't stand driving a car around that looks like its been wrecked. if i had gotten any dents in the body i would really be pissed. i love my car too much to let people see it in such a state, plus ive got one of the cleanest rides driven by a 17 year old here in my area. i found a website that is selling an OEM front bumper for $100. pretty good deal i think, but the description says that it's painted black. aren't all 92-96 ES bumpers grey like mine, matching the color of the trim? i wasn't aware that there were any ES's with black trim, but i could be wrong
Old 02-04-03, 08:18 PM
zexen
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

heh... taking the ES off my dad, there's a LOT of things that need to be fixed exterior wise. the front end can probably be completely scrapped. the front bumper is scratched quite a bit from rocks, etc. the hood doesn't fit the original lines exactly (don't think it's supposed to fit EXACTLY after an accident), the grille doesn't look right at all. and then all the stuff on the rear end from a lady hitting my dad from the back end. tail lights cracked inside, bumper scratched.

i would fix all this... but my mom doesn't see the point in fixing the car. i love the car. it drives great. but my mom (knowing how people drive in dallas/plano) would rather save up the money and give it to me to plant into a newer car for later on. mayhaps a GS430/SC400 in the future? who knows. but a Lexus it will be. This is what i get for being part of a 10 year Lexus family. (including grandparents)
Old 02-04-03, 08:31 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 1st gen bumpers were a silverish color on lighter colors, a graphite color on darker colors, and dark red on burgandy(94+) cars.
That's the first pic of seen of the projector swap during the day. Looks good. I'm sure putting on a new bumper cover is nowhere near as difficult as a projector swap. Just keep calling salvage yards, although there probably in the state of Montana there probably aren't many 1st gen ES's totalled from the rear. Good luck.