ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Strange climate control light problem...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-03, 05:00 AM
jewelberry
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange climate control light problem...

Hey ES3 members, did any of you have a similar problem I am currently having with climate control display light? About a week ago I had my "Engine Check" light come on in my '95 ES300 (has about 109,000 miles on it). I was planning on having it checked out by the dealer when I get a day off from work but still haven't found the time to do so. But just the other day, after visiting a local car wash, I've noticed a strange behavior in my climate control display. When I start the engine all the lights (speedometer, climate control, shift indicator, etc) of my interior functions properly as it always did, but now whenever I turn on the headlights, the green light display in my climate control unit goes off and comes on only when the headlights are off. Also, although still fucntioning, it seems like my dimmer switch doesn't allow as much brightness in my climate control buttons when it is turned to high. What could be causing these little glitches and what could be the source of my check engine light? I would also like to go to a local repair shop to find out the error code but will the OBD II diagnostic tester work on a 95ES3? I've heard from some people that OBD II testing are for vehicles from "96 and on.
HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!!
Old 01-10-03, 04:58 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm having the same problem with my climate controls, wish I knew what was causing it. I've been planning on getting a new climate control from E-bay or something to see if the problem is in the unit itself or the wiring. If you figure out what the problem is, let us know.