ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Bahamian Built Windom

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-13, 08:38 AM
dadon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Bahamian Built Windom

I'm the proud owner of a 1998 ES300 here in The Bahamas. I started late with keeping records and pics of the different mods I've been doing to the car over the course of the last year and a half or so and i figured its about time I started sharing my progress. Hope the posts to come are considered Club Lexus worthy
Old 06-25-13, 08:51 AM
dadon
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of when I initially started but my earliest picture started at when the car was changed from the 2 tone black/grey scheme to an all gloss black - went 20% all around on the tint

Last edited by dadon; 06-25-13 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-25-13, 09:05 AM
dadon
Driver School Candidate

Sadly once again I started taking pictures late so this is the only picture I have from when I was sitting on 20inch chrome rims with custom chrome Japanese script on both sides, the text translated says "Black Rain" which is the name I came up with for the car. lol please disregard the picture caption.

One of my friends visiting from Jamrock wanted a picture with the car too - plus this is the only almost full shot of the car i have:

Last edited by dadon; 06-26-13 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-25-13, 09:21 AM
rlx101
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

damn living the life in Bahamas! Hows weather today?? Post some pics of the cuties from the beach! haha
Old 06-25-13, 09:39 AM
dadon
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to a rather lovely pothole I cracked 2 of my rims and fed up decided that i needed to retire chrome rims and move down to some 16inch r32 rims that we sprayed black - in addition a construction company messed up my entire paint job and thus had to pay for me to go back in the booth (woot ) so I went for that ultra wet look since it was on their tab lol.

Note* - Car has yet to be buffed this just painted and fresh out the shop - plus I'm lazy and still haven't got around to it yet
Old 06-25-13, 10:06 AM
dadon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rlx101
damn living the life in Bahamas! Hows weather today?? Post some pics of the cuties from the beach! haha
lol Life is a vacation once you enjoy what you do here, perfect beach weather everyday! - and as per your request

Photoshoot some of my friends did for a swimsuit mag, enjoy.
Old 06-25-13, 10:09 AM
dadon
Driver School Candidate

Default ThrowBack

Prior to my respray, went by one of my friends dealerships and found some 22's I liked, but cracking those 20's totally discouraged me.

Old 06-25-13, 10:15 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Looks good, but very extreme going from 20s to 16s... settle with 18s !!
Old 06-25-13, 10:31 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

this looks fun! i always wanted to go to paradise island but settled for varadero cuba last christmas. gonna go there one day!
Old 06-25-13, 11:17 AM
dadon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
Looks good, but very extreme going from 20s to 16s... settle with 18s !!
Stay tuned got more vids and pics to come, gotta convert all the videos before i can upload sadly

Originally Posted by EEngineer
this looks fun! i always wanted to go to paradise island but settled for varadero cuba last christmas. gonna go there one day!
You definitely should make the trip its Always Better in The Bahamas! < - generic ad lol but its very true
Old 06-25-13, 05:18 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dadon
Note* - Car has yet to be buffed this just painted and fresh out the shop - plus I'm lazy and still haven't got around to it yet
Nice improvement from a fresh coat of paint. If you have or have access to a buffer, I would recommend picking up a product called PlastX. It's inexpensive and great for clearing your headlights and fog lights.
Old 06-25-13, 05:36 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

the only south i have been to is St. Maarten island..but a nice looking ES
Old 06-26-13, 08:33 AM
dadon
Driver School Candidate

Vimeo is taking forever with these video uploads so untill then ill move onto some of the sound installation work I did. The first system i started off with was a pretty low level setup just for some bump. 2 Alpine SWS12d4 subs in a custom ported enclosure, a 4000watt Pyle Gear-X amplifier and some pioneer 6x9's for the rear dash.

Shortly thereafter i swapped out the alpines for some some CVR Kickers, preferred the sound of the alpines over the kickers though.

Most of the installation work I did myself with the occasional help of my cousin, tried to keep everything as clean as possible. Friend of mine shot some video when we were riding one day because he was impressed with the sound of the alpines so...tada.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzsus...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by dadon; 06-26-13 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-26-13, 08:42 AM
dadon
Driver School Candidate

I didn't stop there though, I'll have to tear the doors down for pics later but i upgraded all the doors (front and rear) to JBL P660C component setups. They are about 270w max and around 90rms. I also added an Infinity Reference 475a Amplifier which puts out around 75wrms x 4. Interior powered by Harman Kardon lol. Also added a JBL 8inch to replace the factory one in the back dash but later on removed it cause I think the 4 doors are clean enough without it.

I also upgraded from the factory head unit to a Pioneer (model number escapes me at the moment) bluetooth headdeck and also added in a clarion 7-band equalizer and a 1/2 din pocket to fill the gap left.

Last edited by dadon; 06-26-13 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-26-13, 09:03 AM
dadon
Driver School Candidate

Default ThrowBack

Found an old video I made back when we had the car sanded down getting ready to paint and when I first started playing around with video editing (so dont judge my editing lol). Was by my cousin on the eastern end of the island helping him finish up some tuning on a few hondas when we were inspired by the spirit of mischief and well...enjoy. BTW yes that is my Windom at the end of the video *watch in 720p*

Sadly since then a drunk driver mashed into that civic and it is no more

Quick Reply: Bahamian Built Windom