ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-16, 01:43 PM
Shalana99
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love Lexy!

I've had my 99 es300 coach edition for about 6 months. Although it has been a pain in the butt sometimes I love her!
Old 08-28-16, 02:47 PM
Sinester69
Driver School Candidate

Default How's it going guys new to the club

I recently bought a 99' es300 and love it I've changed the struts/shocks, tires ,complete audio change ,hid headlights and full tint I love it but the engine has 217000 miles it still runs strong but I'm looking for a engine swap which one would fit ?

Old 08-28-16, 02:51 PM
Sinester69
Driver School Candidate

Default Replace the coils I had the same problem I replaced all coils and sparks and runs new

Replace all coils and sparks
Originally Posted by jamienwill
I have a 2000es300 and a 2003 es 300 was wondering if i could use the starter and compressor out of the 2000 for the 03, the 2000 can't figure out why cylinder 1,3,5 misfire change plugs vavle gasket coils. And it will run fine for about twenty minutes then boom misfire 1,3,5 . even cleaned the injectors. Ran fine for about 20 minutes then again misfire. But anyhow trying to take whatever I can can off and use it for the 03
Old 08-30-16, 12:58 PM
ShayDLane
Driver School Candidate

Default New chick intro

98 es300
Black & grey
Lumenix lights/ HID
Installing new double din ( unsure if I should bypass factory amp or not?)
Today I will be installing new return line for the power steering and sub assembly
1st time under the hood with no supervision..lol wish me luck..(thought I should start with something easy)
Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-20160713_205355.jpg

Last edited by ShayDLane; 08-30-16 at 01:04 PM. Reason: left out interior & headlight upgrades
Old 08-30-16, 01:26 PM
ShayDLane
Driver School Candidate

225 40 18 would be the correct size as far as keeping within factory recommended specs. The overall diameter should be relative to original tire size for best ride. Now if you still want to go wider 235 is gonna be an option but if it was me I would only bother if my wheel was 8 1-9in wide and more than likely your is 7-8 inches wide. plus is a half inch worth the trouble?
225/40-18od25.1 w8.9h 3.6
245/35-18od24.8w 9.6h 3.4
Hopefully this helps

Last edited by ShayDLane; 08-30-16 at 01:26 PM. Reason: graamer
Old 09-02-16, 03:38 PM
bfcarroll
Driver School Candidate

Hello My name is Bobbie. I'm from Austin, TX and I have a pearl color 1994 ES300.
Old 09-05-16, 08:58 PM
Epbiker4
Driver School Candidate

Default New guy

First post, here's my 2nd Gen 1996 ES300 slammed on D2 coilovers with custom fab. Camber adjustment in rear.

Old 09-06-16, 08:40 AM
Shannon330
Driver School Candidate

I'm Shannon and I bought a 2005 ES330 136,000miles few month ago paid 8k out the door tax title plates.
Black and Tan ...........it's loaded Nav, sunroof, remote start, chrome wheels 17's, factory LED headlights, lil spoiler on the trunk, heated and cooled seats, dimming rear mirror, sunscreen in rear deck, nice tinted windows, super clean car.
Added: Pep Boys high carbon rotors and Akebono blonde pads $600 , rear suspension headlight leveler(Yikes it was not cheap) $258, Trans was shifting funny put in 12oz of Lucas trans stop slip "Sweet" fixed that issue.

Needs: Exhaust leak at flex, head lamps these are faded bad, and steering wanders with the road sometimes hope it's not the rack? Alignment it great so it's a rack issue might add more Lucas to that with new oil , tires Michelins 11 years old at 70% tire life yet(explain that one to me) had a slow leak and Discount tire wouldn't fix it "your tire is too old" LOL got it fixed at a Goodyear place.
Miles Per Gallon is like 20.8 to 22 city mostly ..................what are you getting?
I like the car and it's really sexy but I think it knows when it's payday so I look at it like this it's still cheaper than new.........don't forget about insurance rates too.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-20160429_145154.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-20160429_145221.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-20160429_141020.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-20160429_145207.jpg  

Last edited by Shannon330; 09-06-16 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-12-16, 07:47 AM
1960vw
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shannon,nice ride. Tires get "old" and becomes less reliable after about seven years. While the tread might still look good, the inner makings of the tire start to weaken. Town driving ok, but I would not trust them on a long freeway drive. As for headlights, what worked for me was this. Tape and paper off headlights from rest of auto body, use 1000 wet/dry sandpaper( soak it it in water a few minutes) and lightly rub the lens in straight lines for about 2-3 minutes. Remember, lightly, the paper will do the work!. Keep the surface wet while you're doing this. Next go to 2000 grit wet/ dry , again keeping surface wet, but now go in circular motion. Again lightly, for another two to three minutes. Next , wipe dry, clean surface of lens with rubbing alcohol with lint free cloth, let dry again. The surface will look a bit scratchy but the next step will fill those areas in. Next , spray lens with exterior clear UV resistant spray in a can. Brand does not matter Hit lens with two light coats waiting about ten minutes in between. Then a good coat for final spray. Let dry. Good to drive around! Wait a couple of days and give it a coat of wax and then wax every time after that when you normally do the rest of your car. It may not be perfect like new but will be a heck of a lot better and save you a ton of money!,
Old 09-13-16, 05:26 PM
blckphillp
Driver School Candidate

Default Wouldst thou Drive Deliciously?

Hello, I adopted my '99 ES300 right around the February leap day earlier this (leap) year, picked up pre-owned by 1 or 2 others just under 170,000 miles from the Lexus Dealership. Despite the mileage, my ES300 was in better shape and ran better than any car I had previous.
First place I took my gf out in my new-to-me black and grey leapworthy Lexus was to screen "The Witch" just out in theaters--if you haven't seen, horror fans, it is a must.
The scene stealing dark and diabolical(?) goat, named Black Phillip, is the farm goat of a pious family living on a bewitched homestead near the fringe of 17th century New England.
The impressively horned billy goat has garnered a fan base, such as my own fondness for the capering critter, leaping about... So he has lent his name and essence to my black ES300.
To make the dubbed Black Phillip name stick, I custom made a vinyl sticker with an illustrator program and a vinyl plotter/cutter.
The vehicle had been dealer serviced more times than one can dare hope for, and many big issues were overhauled by the dealership mechanics between the last owner and myself. A few issues are still lurking about that I have been addressing since I've had it.
Making progress though, every new part improves the performance, fine tuning and chasing down other bugs as they become singled out and identified.
Browsing through Lexus forums has been very helpful, reading from other drivers with the exact same model and diagnostic codes.
So I decided to pass on the favor with my own thread in the repairs forum; chronicling my combination of OBD2 codes&replaced parts in my current course of DIY Car Repair (goat surgery) already (/still) in progress.
Black Phillip is my co-pilot, essence of my ES

Old 09-15-16, 11:05 AM
blckphillp
Driver School Candidate

Default ps took pic

I hope by the time I finish my repairs, my results will provide wisdom for somebody else to follow. In the meantime, I thought it would be interesting to talk to other people who are also working with from ES300 @round 1999 repairs.
I've had 5 cars prior, and i've never been one for washing my car regularly, or cleaning up clutter until it got desperate. I realize now its because I've never been proud of my rides prior to now. Granted i didn't buy it new, I did spend more
than I usually do for a used car...even though it had more miles than I previously would have approved of. But It drove smoother than any other car with 50,000 less miles on it i've bought before, and it was kept up on with tune ups...
except for the problem which I am addressing now, that I believe got too complicated for the previous owner to deal with, too expensive at dealer mechanic prices, and not enough noticeable loss of performance to justify it....they
simply would just clear the computer, which would stay blank for another few months, which was good enough since they were planning on trading up. I am waiting for a part right now, that I think will be the last piece of the puzzle to make
it run like new. In the meantime, I've finally understood what it is to love your car, and how much more pertinent it becomes to keep it clean and tidy and shiny, when you take pride in it, and when you are the one that does all the work on it.
Feel free to compare notes with me... i'm going to post mechanical discussion post today
Black Phillip, my kick *** daemon-goat possessed ride

Old 09-22-16, 07:30 AM
GhostCar
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New Member, 5 Lexuses, including a "Ghost Car"

Hi everyone. As a means of introduction, I'm Doug, a longtime car enthusiast who also runs a small classic car restoration/sales business here in Kansas City, and in the past year I've become a huge fan of the ES model.
It started a year ago when my GF needed a different car. Here they are, in order of acquisition:

Lexus #1: '98 ES300, 100k at time of purchase (115k now), light gold with tan leather, from FLA w/clean Carfax, rare AVS option (all replaced & working, w/receipts), new valve cover gaskets, in excellent, cared for condition.
Lexus #2: '92 SC400, (my weekend car), 110k miles, garnet red, immaculate condition throughout, every service record/receipt since new (all done at Lexus dealers), every option incl chrome rims, gold pkg, & phone.
Lexus #3: '01 ES300, Carfax-verified 1-owner, 77k miles at time of purchase (86k now), Millennium Silver with THE most mint, perfect interior I have EVER seen in any car, & good record of being taken care of. Salvage title.
Lexus #4: '00 ES300, Platinum/Coach edition (can't remember which is which, but it's black on black), complete parts car minus bad tranny I picked up for $400.
Lexus #5: The Ghost Car (will explain in another post)

I'm actually selling the SC400, as my GF has a boy and it just isn't as practical as the 2 ES300s. I'd love to keep it, but space is an issue, and I don't want the car not to be driven regularly. If I still own the car once my probation
period is up, I'll list it here with pics. Suffice to say, it's one of the nicest ones you will ever find given its condition, docs, and miles.

My '01 ES is my daily driver, and although it was a salvaged title, I made sure it was a recent accident (to help verify it was salvaged at a lower value, thus indicating a more minor accident). I normally won't touch such cars,
but the interior in this thing is stupid nice, and being a one-owner, I suspect it was an older female, and was driven gently.

I've been lurking these forums for over a month and reading the ES forum voraciously, and hope to contribute some as well moving forward.

Watch for a new thread later about my so-called "Ghost Car." ;-)
Old 10-29-16, 03:41 AM
2Shane
Driver School Candidate

Hey, new here, I just bought myself a 98 Lexus ES 300 for my 16th birthday. Great first car (;

Old 11-01-16, 06:28 PM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Not sure how I missed this thread:

- 2000 ES Platinum Edition
- Pearl white with tan interior
- Hated seats, auto levelling HID head lights (2000 is the year HID was introduced in ES)
- Original owner
- 273,700 miles as of today

Purchased this car in Portland, OR and currently living in NJ. Needless to say this is my favorite among my cars and my daily driver!. Hope to reach 300k+ miles with out issues.......
The following users liked this post:
Beast4eva (02-02-17)
Old 11-06-16, 07:03 AM
KDAG
Driver School Candidate

Default Canadian here!

Hi Everyone!

Just bought my first car a 1998 ES300 with 130k miles. Looking forward to driving it from my girlfriend's house in Houston TX, my house in Toronto, Canada this coming December!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_0314.jpg  

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!