ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-15, 08:42 PM
Corkman
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome Punklexus
You will love this forum, the gear head will help you get another 260k out of it and the mod guys will setting low in no time. Nice car it amazing how well a Lexus is built. Enjoy..
Mike
Old 12-26-15, 06:34 PM
jameshr59
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my name is jj and I have a 1993 es 300 im not sure what package it has im kind of new to the lexus sence persay but its black with black leather interior heated seats sunroof 6 disc changer (that dosent work haven't had the time to tinker with it) if there is anyway I could have some help figuring out what package it is and what to look out for that would be great thanks will post pics when I get the back window replaced

Last edited by jameshr59; 12-26-15 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-27-15, 11:11 AM
Corkman
Driver

Originally Posted by jameshr59
my name is jj and I have a 1993 es 300 im not sure what package it has im kind of new to the lexus sence persay but its black with black leather interior heated seats sunroof 6 disc changer (that dosent work haven't had the time to tinker with it) if there is anyway I could have some help figuring out what package it is and what to look out for that would be great thanks will post pics when I get the back window replaced
Welcome to the forum.... To find out all you are looking for about your new to you Lexus. Go to tools at the top of the page and Vin decoder. Or Here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vindecoder.php
Hope this helps....Mike
Old 12-30-15, 11:09 AM
bankses300
Driver School Candidate

Talking New Here 98 ES300

I have a 98 ES300 with 83k miles As of 12/30/2015
i just got new wheels 16' Konig Control black. with Falken Tires
this is just the first step in making my car my own and I'm sure i will add more in the future.
Pics of my car

Last edited by bankses300; 12-30-15 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-31-15, 05:05 AM
DennisCB
Rookie

looks great
Old 01-02-16, 08:38 PM
KSES300
Driver School Candidate

Default Proud Papa of a 1996 ES300

I'm Keith and I recently purchased a 1996 Lexus ES300. I know NOTHING about it, but that it has 196k miles on it and it runs like a dream. It needs tires, probably some suspension work, the paint is peeling and seats need replacing(which is why I got such a good deal) so I will post photos ONLY as I make restoration progress. The funny thing is that I was shopping for a BMW "project" at the time, but I am very pleased with this charming little car. I'll definitely be camping out in the 'DIY' section. Wish me luck!
Old 01-05-16, 05:52 AM
Chefjustin
Driver School Candidate

Hey I'm Justin. I've had a 02 Lexus ES300 for about 3 years now. 199900 mile on it so about to trip 200k. The car has been pretty great. Have a code popping up now saying to replace MAF sensor after I just replaced it. Dumped a bottle of Techron hoping the injectors were a little dirty to no avail. Can somebody point me in the right direction to find out where i need to go.
Old 01-06-16, 06:07 PM
veelc
Driver School Candidate

Default New (used) DD 93 ES

Hello CL!
Found this baby at a local tow yard and picked her up for 1500 bucks,tan interior driver seat tore up. 160,000 miles on the odometer and everything works!

Last edited by veelc; 01-06-16 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 01-06-16, 06:44 PM
gcad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pearl93'ls
Gcad, I love the black wheels! Good cheap fix for ruff looking wheels...did you tape your tires off to do it I assume?
Thanks! Yeah taped them off and used cardboard to avoid the over spray.
Old 01-11-16, 11:22 AM
Jaggernaut
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello, New to the Forums!

Good Evening,
I'm Jaggernaut (Josh) and I would like to say hello to my fellow Lexus owners. I recently bought a Pre-Owned 2000 Lexus ES300 and I love the way the car rides (minus some problems from previous owners), I have to clean it but I will post pics after my "probationary" period is up. Anyway,It's White on Grey (Exterior) and Cream on Wood grain (interior). Thank you for keeping these forums up and running for N00bs like me and more experienced mechanics like some others I have seen on here. Thanks!!!
Old 01-11-16, 07:05 PM
tibug
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted here a while ago, but just wanted to say I finally obtained the '05 ES330 that I had mentioned. It does need a fair amount of work, but I completed the most important things last week.

It has 223,000 miles. It needed new valve cover gaskets (Fel-Pro), cam and crank seals (National), spark plug tube gaskets (Fel-Pro), and spark plugs (NGK Iridium). Front valve cover was leaking profusely out of the front, and the gasket fell into two pieces when I removed it. And it was due for the timing belt again. For peace of mind I did all of it: belt, idler pulley, tensioner pulley assembly, tensioner, water pump. The pulley bearings were definitely shot; particularly the tensioner pulley was in sad shape.

It's also going to need some vacuum hoses replaced. Some of the smaller ones are brittle and keep sliding off the input/output nipples. Some of the larger ones are cracked.

I am NOT used to working in such cramped quarters. My Subarus and Dodge are so easy...transverse engines are not fun for me.

Nah, still fun!

Used this cool interweb trick to torque the cam pulleys back to spec.

All Done. It purrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssss.

Oh, yeah, and I almost forgot that there was more to this car than the engine. I think I gotta replace all the wheels. They are all heavily corroded, and at leas one is leaking. And struts. It needs struts.

Old 01-11-16, 07:08 PM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Nice looking car. I love those, have had several.

Good luck.
Old 01-11-16, 09:23 PM
Corkman
Driver

tibug
I wish I had a nice car like that... Oh wait I do. I have her brother.
Old 01-21-16, 07:27 PM
bankses300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DennisCB
looks great
Thank You Dennis!
Old 01-21-16, 07:55 PM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by tibug
I posted here a while ago, but just wanted to say I finally obtained the '05 ES330 that I had mentioned. It does need a fair amount of work, but I completed the most important things last week.

It has 223,000 miles. It needed new valve cover gaskets (Fel-Pro), cam and crank seals (National), spark plug tube gaskets (Fel-Pro), and spark plugs (NGK Iridium). Front valve cover was leaking profusely out of the front, and the gasket fell into two pieces when I removed it. And it was due for the timing belt again. For peace of mind I did all of it: belt, idler pulley, tensioner pulley assembly, tensioner, water pump. The pulley bearings were definitely shot; particularly the tensioner pulley was in sad shape.

It's also going to need some vacuum hoses replaced. Some of the smaller ones are brittle and keep sliding off the input/output nipples. Some of the larger ones are cracked.

I am NOT used to working in such cramped quarters. My Subarus and Dodge are so easy...transverse engines are not fun for me.

Nah, still fun!

Used this cool interweb trick to torque the cam pulleys back to spec.

All Done. It purrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssss.

Oh, yeah, and I almost forgot that there was more to this car than the engine. I think I gotta replace all the wheels. They are all heavily corroded, and at leas one is leaking. And struts. It needs struts.

If you check on ebay, you can find repro wheels brand new for about $400. Good deal.

My last E330 looked just like yours.

Good luck. great car

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!