ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-15, 07:28 PM
rowekmr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Everyone,

My wife has had her 05 ES 330 since she bought it in 07. Up to a few years ago Lexus did all her work since it was covered under warranty. The last 2 years she has done nothing to it so I will try to catch up with any overdue maintenance so I joined this wonderful site to post/search questions and answers.
Old 12-03-15, 11:06 AM
codeyf
Driver School Candidate

Hey all. New member here, currently eyeing two different ES300s as a first car for our son. A '99 and an '01. I've created a question thread asking for input on the two along with details on each, however it doesn't appear the post has been approved yet. Hopefully it will be soon, as I'm looking to pull the trigger!
Old 12-08-15, 09:32 AM
gcad
Driver School Candidate

Default New to the Lexus world!

Bought a 04 ES300 about a month ago. This is my first luxury car and I'm loving it! The rims were silver when I bought the car but they were pitting and peeling pretty bad, so I sanded them down and hit them with a gloss black. Other than the that, the car is the same as the day I bought it.

Old 12-08-15, 06:58 PM
Corkman
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome aboard gcad... Bought my 05 ES330, my first Lexus this summer. I have learned so much about my car on this great forum. My wife still laugh at me when I read something on the forum and then head out to the garage to see if our car did that.
Learn, Share & Enjoy.....Mike
Old 12-08-15, 10:38 PM
gcad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Corkman
Welcome aboard gcad... Bought my 05 ES330, my first Lexus this summer. I have learned so much about my car on this great forum. My wife still laugh at me when I read something on the forum and then head out to the garage to see if our car did that.
Learn, Share & Enjoy.....Mike
Thanks Mike! Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing what all people have done and learning all about the car.
Old 12-10-15, 09:51 AM
mmatheny
Lexus Test Driver

GCAD - you can find refurbished wheels for about $100 each on the interwebs. My wife's '02 has one wheel that got curb rash and I'm first going to check the spare to see if it is any better, if not I'll get the refurb.
Old 12-17-15, 05:58 PM
walker5516
Driver School Candidate

Default New to ClubLexus

Hello eveybody, im new in the club and i want to present my car, its a 1996 Lexus Es300 with the Swap 2MZ-FE 2.5 engine i made a front lip myself and change the fog lights for a Led kit, let me know what y'all think of it.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-dsc_0177-1-.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-dsc_0176-1-.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-dsc_0178-1-.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-dsc_0179-1-.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-dsc_0183-1-.jpg  

Old 12-18-15, 04:30 AM
DennisCB
Rookie

Originally Posted by walker5516
Hello eveybody, im new in the club and i want to present my car, its a 1996 Lexus Es300 with the Swap 2MZ-FE 2.5 engine i made a front lip myself and change the fog lights for a Led kit, let me know what y'all think of it.
looks good like the wheels
Old 12-18-15, 10:41 PM
Corkman
Driver

Originally Posted by walker5516
Did the front lip yourself, Cool... Looks good
Old 12-19-15, 08:12 AM
pearl93'ls
Driver

Good day guys and gals! Been a while since I have visited. I have be lexusless for a few yrs now. But last night I picked up this sweet find! I hope the forum allows eBay links...I need to read updated rules and such. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-ES-Bas...-/281887441399

Anyway this Es is amazing. Every single service and repair documented on carfax and written in service manual! Car is spotless inside. I mean zero wear and tear.....visually. This year she has received new brakes, valve cover gaskets and struts. A year ago a new 84 month Lexus battery was installed. Oh yeah. It's nice.

I am glad to be back in the game! Peace folks!
Old 12-19-15, 11:40 AM
Corkman
Driver

Originally Posted by pearl93'ls
Good day guys and gals! Been a while since I have visited. I have be lexusless for a few yrs now. But last night I picked up this sweet find! I hope the forum allows eBay links...I need to read updated rules and such. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-ES-Bas...-/281887441399

Anyway this Es is amazing. Every single service and repair documented on carfax and written in service manual! Car is spotless inside. I mean zero wear and tear.....visually. This year she has received new brakes, valve cover gaskets and struts. A year ago a new 84 month Lexus battery was installed. Oh yeah. It's nice.

I am glad to be back in the game! Peace folks!
Welcome back. I checked out the link, very nice. I'm a new be to Lexus. Pick up a 05 this summer. Basically same as your find and love it. Found this forum and learn new thing about the car from here all the time. I'm at 95000 and did the timing belt and water pump this week. It runs and feels like a brand new car. Enjoy....
Mike
Old 12-19-15, 03:22 PM
pearl93'ls
Driver

That's great cork Man! Did I read a post stating you had a tick tick at idle ? Sounds like a common issue on these cars. I did not here it last night when I picked it up. But heard it this am. Very slight and seems to go away when I Rev the engine. Not sure if I should try an additive or heavier weight oil...can't seem to find a definite answer here yet. If you don't mind my asking.....how much was your car? I paid a premium due to amazing service history from new and its overall clean condition
Old 12-19-15, 03:23 PM
pearl93'ls
Driver

Gcad, I love the black wheels! Good cheap fix for ruff looking wheels...did you tape your tires off to do it I assume?
Old 12-19-15, 09:59 PM
Corkman
Driver

Originally Posted by pearl93'ls
That's great cork Man! Did I read a post stating you had a tick tick at idle ? Sounds like a common issue on these cars. I did not here it last night when I picked it up. But heard it this am. Very slight and seems to go away when I Rev the engine. Not sure if I should try an additive or heavier weight oil...can't seem to find a definite answer here yet. If you don't mind my asking.....how much was your car? I paid a premium due to amazing service history from new and its overall clean condition
I know there was a lot I read earlier about the clicking and no real answers.

About the price, I paid about a grand more than you but mine has navigation and a few less miles. I think living in mild climate states like we do the values are always higher on used cars. Being new to Lexus I was not aware that the timing belt had a due date. That info would of help in my negotiation on the price. But I found a great deal on the parts and great mechanic its all good because I know it was done right. If I come across any fix for the clicking I give you a heads up...
Old 12-21-15, 07:24 PM
punklexus
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a 1995 ES300. It has been driven 260k but runs very smooth. ETest and Safety cleared in a heart beat. I moved from a 2005 Audi A4 and was planning to keep it temporary. Now actually started to love the car. Very smooth drive and comfortable.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!